Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement

Mitch McConnell demands House Democrats pass a bill strengthening security for Supreme Court justices 'before the sun sets today' after man who threatened to kill Kavanaugh arrested​

Lol, but hey when 19 kids get their faces literally blown off it's business as usual.

Mitch McConnell demands House Democrats pass a bill strengthening security for Supreme Court justices 'before the sun sets today' after man who threatened to kill Kavanaugh arrested​

Lol, but hey when 19 kids get their faces literally blown off it's business as usual.
Mitchy is a joke... but it is weird how the bill passed 100-0 in the Senate but the non-DWI Pelosi won't bring it up for a vote in the House.

But I think that Mitchy is also a strong supporter on strengthening and hardening schools too. So I don't get your point, if he's PRO strengthening security for justices and for kids.

Advertisement
So limiting entry apparently does work.

Poor kids having to live in that prison...

So limiting entry apparently does work.

"Limiting entry"? LOL, it happened during the school day, all schools are locked up during the school day, or at least they should be given recent events. And the "one point of entry" proposal is complete & utter gibberish without metal detectors.

Advertisement
I've been told it's unworkable by actual teachers. Somehow a school in Alabama figured it out.

It's been mentioned before, but I think a lot of public elementary and middle schools are built this way. My younger kids' elem and MSs have one point of entry and they're double doored entrance and have been that way for 10 years or so. The HS is an entirely different beast, though.

But, they all have side doors that are occasionally used by maintenance, special events, etc. They all have it and IIRC, this was the issue with Robb? A side door was propped open?

Advertisement
It's been mentioned before, but I think a lot of public elementary and middle schools are built this way. My younger kids' elem and MSs have one point of entry and they're double doored entrance and have been that way for 10 years or so. The HS is an entirely different beast, though.

But, they all have side doors that are occasionally used by maintenance, special events, etc. They all have it and IIRC, this was the issue with Robb? A side door was propped open?
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but aren’t all doors locked throughout the day bc maintenance/coaches/people in and out have keys? One high school I went to was fairly new, built in I think 2000. Was all one building, and the only door unlocked was the main door. Even during sporting events the locker rooms weren’t open, and the main door was where everyone went in. The coach would let you in and out if you needed to get somewhere. All other doors stayed locked so people wouldn’t wander in and out. The other I went to had trailers for overflow, and multiple buildings so it wasn’t possible. That one was built long ago.

Every new high school that’s been built in the area I grew up, since 2000ish, have all been a single building that follows that same philosophy. Seems to me like that’s the way forward.

But the geniuses would rather mock it as a ridiculous idea.

I know they initially said that, but I thought they corrected that to a door was left unlocked.

Advertisement
But the geniuses would rather mock it as a ridiculous idea.

I know they initially said that, but I thought they corrected that to a door was left unlocked.
Apparently, the door was supposed to lock automatically when closed but that failed to happen. Some schools in rural areas, even in the hot box climate of the Rio Grande Valley aren't air conditioned. If that was the case with Robb, I'm surprised all doors weren't open.

Per WaPO, new gun deal agreed to by 10 GOP and 10 Dem Senators:

"Under the tentative deal, a federal grant program would encourage states to implement “red flag” laws that allow authorities to keep guns away from people found by a judge to represent a potential threat to themselves or others, while federal criminal background checks for gun buyers under 21 would include a mandatory search of juvenile justice records for the first time.

It does not include a provision supported by President Biden, congressional Democrats and a handful of Republicans that would raise the minimum age for the purchase of at least some rifles from 18 to 21. Handguns are already subject to a federal 21-and-over age limit.

Other provisions could funnel billions of new federal dollars into mental health care and school security programs, funding new campus infrastructure and armed officers. Several senators last week said they expected one cornerstone of the deal would be legislation sponsored by Sens. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) and Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) to establish a nationwide network of “community behavioral health clinics.”

Advertisement
Back