Off-Topic Mass killings

This was the exact problem with OT threads. Trying to paint all members of the opposite side with a broad brush. I've had to delete comments that aimed at party, but largely left liberal/conservative alone because not all Dems are liberal and not all Repubs are conservative. But when those start being used as synonyms, it's an issue.

One thread got locked because of it yesterday.

Dude this site has made me a proud moderate.

I appreciate the open conversation.

Advertisement
Unequivocally those that are abused and trafficked could be any of our kids. Those that do the abusing could be any of us. Respectfully, Id wager that there are some abusers here on this site secretly and in the shadows. Those that do the trafficking . . . politicians, law enforcement, organized and unorganized crime all play a vital role in keeping the status quo. I think we all wish the bad guys looked like monsters, they do not however look like monsters usually.

Advertisement
Just did a quick search and found this from PEW research, 2014, about 1/3rd lean 'republican':
View attachment 188091
Regarding institutional pedophilia, I think the Catholic church is just one of any institutions in which its widespread and covers it up. Baptists just recently got caught doing the same thing. Politicians and the ruling elite as well... it's seems to be a perpetual cycle of those in power. I would not tie it to religion/politics - IMO any true religious person seeking salvation - or any non-religious, decent-human being for that matter - are 100% aghast at the thought of molesting children.

TBO I'm a little surprised the maudes have let these insinuations of pedophilia being tied to political affiliation fly... I've been clipped for far less IMO.

Also from pew...73% identify as Conservative or Moderate

If you scroll down, you'll see the younger Catholics being moderate and liberal have grown/are growing.

Unequivocally those that are abused and trafficked could be any of our kids. Those that do the abusing could be any of us. Respectfully, Id wager that there are some abusers here on this site secretly and in the shadows. Those that do the trafficking . . . politicians, law enforcement, organized and unorganized crime all play a vital role in keeping the status quo. I think we all wish the bad guys looked like monsters, they do not however look like monsters usually.
You’re a teacher, right?

In my limited knowledge of the Pope, he seems closer to a communist than a conservative.

he will not admit being communist but if you look up "Liberation Theology" it was a very popular movement in Latin America among Catholics (specifically Jesuits) in the 60's and focused on liberating the poor from oppressed political and economic systems. Pope Francis is from Argentina and also being a Jesuit himself was indoctrinated in this particular viewpoint.

Jeremiah Wright, who was Obama's pastor, was a proponent of "Black Liberation Theology" which takes very similar views but more framed along racial lines.

You are absolutely correct that being religious does not equate at all to being conservative. Post modernist ideology has pretty much infected all our institutions, including religion.

Advertisement
Also from pew...73% identify as Conservative or Moderate

If you scroll down, you'll see the younger Catholics being moderate and liberal have grown/are growing.
Interesting. But more ID as 'democrat'... PEW needs to go back to the drawing board or something - because that doesn't seem to square IMO - results nonwithstanding. I'm not disputing the veracity of either finding, just wondering why the opposition.

No wager needed. This site's membership is large enough that it absolutely includes every slice of the piece.

Interesting. But more ID as 'democrat'... PEW needs to go back to the drawing board or something - because that doesn't seem to square IMO.

To be fair...its data from 2014...things have gotten more polarized since. I'd be curious of the numbers now. From the data we have it was 50/49 for Trump from that demo in the 2020 election but not how people self identify.

To be fair...its data from 2014...things have gotten more polarized since. I'd be curious of the numbers now. From the data we have it was 50/49 for Trump from that demo in the 2020 election but not how people self identify.
Just a guess, but I'd wager more people today actually ID as 'liberal' than in the past. 'Liberal' used to be somewhat of a dirty-word, maybe comparable to 'progressive' today - but even that has lost any 'extreme' connotation.

Advertisement
Some people just don't love guns the way others might. It is okay. The guy that owned the racist civil war store in town died recently. You probably knew that though since you are right around the corner and all.

Never been to any civil war store and know nothing about its owner. Is that your brothers favorite place or something?

Where do you live? Would be cool to know so we can just throw some sick stuff about that town into threads for no reason.

No wager needed. This site's membership is large enough that it absolutely includes every slice of the piece.
It was a grossly irresponsible post. I know for a fact this site has a bunch of degenerates on it, it’s clear by what’s posted on a daily basis. And yes numbers are numbers, but for him to say something like that, is ridiculous and has no place here.

It was a grossly irresponsible post. I know for a fact this site has a bunch of degenerates on it, it’s clear by what’s posted on a daily basis. And yes numbers are numbers, but for him to say something like that, is ridiculous and has no place here.
What was wrong about what I said?

Advertisement
Never been to any civil war store and know nothing about its owner. Is that your brothers favorite place or something?

Where do you live? Would be cool to know so we can just throw some sick stuff about that town into threads for no reason.
I didnt bring up Kennesaw, but when it was brought up I clarified a wrong interpretation.

In my limited knowledge of the Pope, he seems closer to a communist than a conservative.

Yeah he wouldn't fall into our two party political spectrum at all. In reality he would be closer to a libertarian but he rejects that as well. He would reduce the scope of government, open borders, major income and wealth redistribution (via charity) to end homelessness, hunger and medical needs and end all wars.

Advertisement
Back