Off-Topic Mass killings

Question:

Why do you draw your line there?

Why not knives or sticks and stones?
I'd include knives too if they could easily kill 20 people in a matter of seconds. Sticks and stones? Well, we're on our own with those.

Question to you: Why stop at allowing just AR type guns? Do you believe citizens be allowed even more lethal weaponry? Where do you draw the line?

Advertisement
Revoke qualified immunity.

Most people aren’t aware it exists until something like this happens, or a cop murdering a civilian gains national prominence.
It's purpose it protect against judging split second judgement calls with the benefit of hindsight, not to protect against gross malfeasance.

I'd include knives too if they could easily kill 20 people in a matter of seconds. Sticks and stones? Well, we're on our own with those.

Question to you: Why stop at allowing just AR type guns? Do you believe citizens be allowed even more lethal weaponry? Where do you draw the line?
Reprinted last time I was asked in Roe v Wade thread.

I've been asked this quite a bit through my years, as have most war fighters. I think we are fairly of the same mind +/-, although I do not presume to speak for my fellow veterans here on CIS (I do love them so and not ashamed to say it).

Here is my take, and yes, fair to say it smacks of hypocrisy from a purist point of view.

The most powerful weapon of FF era was the cannon and they were absolutely positively not banned or outlawed from the local populace. Naval privateers and pirates are perfect example. With that said, cannons required significant resources and technical know-how to manufacture and equip, let alone the near impossibility for an individual to move or maintain logistically.

In the modern era, my take:
- Anything an infantry war fighter can employ should be available to the people, by exception...
-- No projectiles with their own propellant (eliminates missiles)
-- No explosives (eliminates mines, claymores, etc)
-- No crew served weapons (no howitzers on the front lawn Fred, back in the garage please)

Now, should the everyman have access to fully automatic rifles/handguns?

I personally do not own any full auto weapons, but several friends do and I would trust any of them to shoot an apple off my daughter's head if necessary (no not for fun, calm down muppets).

For me, my theshold is full auto kinetics. That doesn't make me right, its just wear my head is at as what I feel is appropriate for "everybody". I would be supportive of full auto for individuals who pass an extensive background check and demonstarte exceptional proficiency.

The next area I feel that will be contentious are sniper rifles (really the smallest form of artillery if you think about it). Several friends are competitve hobbyists and with todays modern targeting "unlimited class" tech, can easily engage targets 2000-3000 feet out, ots just a matter of how much do you want to spend.

I think Ive shared this before, but Ill share a again.

Ive employed weapons as swords in combat, but here at home, my weapons are purely for shield purposes only. I will make every effort to walk/run away from friction in order not to employ that shield, but woe be to the adversary if that becomes necessary to defend my friends and family first, myself second.

To prove a point, I probably would have hunted the entire genetic line of the Uvalde maniac just to make a point and rid humanity of clearly broken DNA.

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 187876
Wait, why does Trudeau need to get rid of the rest of the guns up there? Haven’t Canadians been lecturing us on how they don’t have the gun violence problems that we have in the U.S.? If they don’t have this problem, then why the gun grab?

Hmm…

So...what do we do, as a society, to the most cowardly among us?

The police in this case, are not - per some nonsense that I've read/listenined to - able to be charged for a crime for their cowardice, so, legally it seems not much if at all recourse...but this is undoubtedly a crime of morality and ethics. So, what do we do as a society?...because the lack of action by the police force should be bipartisan-ly unacceptable. This is a shameful abandonment of their sworn duties. We have invaded other nations and overthrown leaders for less.
I've said this for years. Want to "fix" police departments? We have the model, but it will be expensive.

- Federalize (or at very least State) law enforcement function
- Install Uniform Code of Military Justice
- Install centralized basic training
- Install military fitness and weight standards
- Permanent Change of Station police around the country/state every 4 years

Perfect solution? Hardly, However over time, you would see a dramatic and positive change.

Advertisement

You do realize fists and blunt objects kill way more Americans than ar15s right.

Private security? That's what we think privatized police force will end up like? Is that your assumption? I don't have a dog in the fight but I'm skeptical. Will this unfold like what a privatized fire dept ended up like?
Private security forces are used in all kinds of scenarios - they're obviously good enough for our leaders families, state dept, military etc...

Private security forces are used in all kinds of scenarios - they're obviously good enough for our leaders families, state dept, military etc...

eh, it's possible but I think you underestimate how much more complex it is to police an entire community/city than it is one person or an as needed basis.

"More lethal weaponry" or firearms, is covered by the NFA. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it's really hard for a civilian to legally obtain a full auto machine gun. You need ATF permission and it be registered with the ATF among other steps in the process. It can take a months to a year.

Advertisement

according to our Prez 9mm...you draw the line at 9mm

Wait, why does Trudeau need to get rid of the rest of the guns up there? Haven’t Canadians been lecturing us on how they don’t have the gun violence problems that we have in the U.S.? If they don’t have this problem, then why the gun grab?

Hmm…
"In the first stage of Turkey's well planned genocide of its Armenian minority that began in 1915, ALL GUNS AND OTHER WEAPONS WERE CONFISCATED from Armenians"

1654019674218.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back