Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement
Thanks man I'm English . No guns definitely equals less gun crime. It doesn't erase homicides. It does however lower gun violence which is as stated a fact. Your charts are great your point isn't.

OK I misunderstood your point your worried about gun violence and not murders. Weird take if you ask me, because even though we did not implement gun control laws we saw about the same amount of decline in actual murders. Another weird fact is Australia has more guns per capita today than before they implemented their strict gun control laws.

Australia has less polarization today than they did 20 years ago and no major western country has seen as sharp of a rise in polarization as the US has over the last 20 years. Broken families are on the rise and there are barely any leaders outside of homes that do not polarize. We are a radical making machine and no one can stop blaming and yelling at each other long enough to take note.

Again, I believe the vast majority of gun owners have nothing to hide, and would have no issue with registering their firearms.

I don't see any reason why they would not do so, and I saw no relevant retort from you... unless you consider "rewrite the whole constitution" to be relevant.

It is a lazy, regurgitated response... same as "let's fix mental health, not guns." (with no actual plan to fix mental health ever put forth, mind you...) Or, "criminals will get them anyways..." AKA, do nothing, status quo.

No one is advocating to rewrite the whole constitution. That is moving the goalposts, likely because you are losing the original argument.

Women and blacks/minorities could not vote until Amendments were passed. Clearly, many concepts espoused 250 years ago need to be revisited to determine whether they have a place in the modern world.

The filibuster prevents any party from imposing its will. Very relevant in today's partisan environment. That said, if 60% of a democratically elected Congress votes to amend, or "rewrite," as you put it... well, that was what the Founding Fathers put in the Constitution, was it not? Or does the intent of the Founding Fathers not count if it doesn't line up with your ideals?

I wasn't (and am not) a Trump guy, but the bozos chanting "not my President"... ummm, yes, he IS your president. Democracies work both ways.
You would be surprised at how many gun owners with nothing to hide would definitely have an issue with a National registry 🎯. Ask your brother’s father in law if he’s willing to register all his weapons.

What happens when a crazy Beto Orourke is the new Gun control czar and says your voluntary buyback is now mandatory? Who’s guns is he collecting first?

If you dont see the potential pitfalls in this, I don't know what to tell you. The whole premise goes against what I believe in.

The filibuster prevents any party from imposing its will. Yep, the same filibuster that the current party in power is constantly threatening to get rid of so they can push their own agenda. One day it wont be a threat, it will come to fruition.

Like I said in another post. In your well crafted scenario, there would be an extremely high occurrence of boating accidents.

You would be surprised at how many gun owners with nothing to hide would definitely have an issue with a National registry 🎯. Ask your brother’s father in law if he’s willing to register all his weapons.

What happens when a crazy Beto Orourke is the new Gun control czar and says your voluntary buyback is now mandatory? Who’s guns is he collecting first?
Why (& & when & how) did voluntary turn into mandatory in your scenario? Did we just make up a new fact pattern? That would never pass.

What if every gun owner went into a movie theater and started unloading? What if the queen grows a ****? Is she now the king? See how this make-it-up-as-you-go thing works?

I, personally, wouldn’t be for mandatory buyback; and I probably represent the viewpoint of most centrist Americans.

Moving the goalposts…
If you dont see the potential pitfalls in this, I don't know what to tell you. The whole premise goes against what I believe in.
You keep giving me these abstract pitfalls, but never put forth any specifics or arguments. “If you don’t XYZ, idk what to tell you.” Another person saying “if you don’t see my viewpoint, you are wrong.”

Again, that’s what is wrong with our country right now. No one is willing to find a middle ground. “Idk what to tell you” = I’ve already decided anything you have to say is wrong.
The filibuster prevents any party from imposing its will. Yep, the same filibuster that the current party in power is constantly threatening to get rid of so they can push their own agenda. One day it wont be a threat, it will come to fruition
Again, your politics are obvious.

5 years ago, Mitch McConnell refused to bring Merrick Garland Supreme Court nomination to a vote. Some bs about election year. 4 years later, in an election year, Mitch moved the goalposts and gave some bs about an incumbent or something.. idk exactly and I’m not even gonna look it up.

Point is, you clearly have a political agenda. The current party has not done anything to get rid of the filibuster. The other party effectively did filibuster with the Garland thing, but that was fine, I guess. It wasn’t a “threat” from the Rs… they actually did it. But somehow that gets ignored. Playing politics is only dirty if it doesn’t fit one’s agenda.

No teeth to your argument. All bark, no bite.
Like I said in another post. In your well crafted scenario, there would be an extremely high occurrence of boating accidents.
Boating accidents? Huh?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Because so many guns are not registered, or are not currently owned by, or in the possession of, the original owner. Registration is a way to take inventory of what is out there on said date.

Again, are you really going back to the constitutional argument? It is a cop-out, IMO. We don't know what they would say about the current state of affairs.

When the constitution was drafted, slavery was legal. Should we legalize that again too? (Is the right to own slaves in the Constitution? No. But the failure to recognize how wrong slavery was is proof perfect that the Founding Fathers DID NOT, in fact, know everything.)

I would also argue that the "right to bear arms" would not be taken away by my hypothetical; the "right to purchase arms" would.
How would one bear arms if u couldn’t purchase one lol

Advertisement
It's not my country, so dismiss this comment entirely - but all the world sees is "thoughts and prayers" as you continue to have mass shootings in your country.

You missed your chance at Sandy Hook, but you have a chance now to do what the UK did with regards to guns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

Obviously owning a firearm is too ingrained into American culture for that to happen, so these mass shootings will keep happening.
Sorry to break it to you but Americans will never give up their firearms. Also just so u know people used to drive around with gun racks in their car leave the gun there while in school. And there was never shootings like this. What’s changed? Not the guns. People and mental illness too many people on pills

So the red flag laws didn't work in buffalo?

Am I fair to say that?

Would red flag laws have worked in the case of the Uvale massacre?

Where does this **** meet the middle of the road?

Evil will always exist. Sure. But how can we better protect our youth? Why is it so taboo to say that we should arm our teachers? If a bytch got a gun, they got a gun. They are no longer an adult, no? We have to protect the "gun free" zones, no?

Advertisement

Am I fair to say that?

Evil will always exist. Sure. But how can we better protect our youth? Why is it so taboo to say that we should arm our teachers? If a bytch got a gun, they got a gun. They are no longer an adult, no? We have to protect the "gun free" zones, no?
Cut out the middle man - arm the kids. Send to school packin' and with a packed lunch.

This will never stop , you can put a guard next to every child and it will still happen.

A lock and key only keeps out an honest man.

My question:

How are we doing being Gods over all things ?

How are we doing with free will we demanded from God ?

Brothers till we stop being Gods and stop killing everything that effects our comfort and turn to the one true God THIS WILL NEVER EVER STOP EVER!!!!!

We know NOT what we do PERIOD.

Our BLESSING have been TAKEN AWAY.

Our hearts have HARDENED so much we fail to see the SOLUTION THE ANSWER , JESUS.

He came to make the comfortable UNCOMFORTABLE and to COMFORT the uncomfortable.

So here we are , we’ll pile on more laws till we CHOKE beating the drum of the Pharisees with all our ROBES of knowing everything spewing solutions laws that never will work.

You will see there will NEVER EVER be a day without similar scenes and chaos it’s ever increasing.

Advertisement
I'll gladly object to M4A for numerous reasons.

But making schools more secure and improving education quality should be a priority.
30 years ago kids brought semi automatic rifles to school and fired them on school ranges. School shootings were unheard of. And yet now these magical implements have no risen up to slaughter turned on their creators like skynet!

Am I fair to say that?

This kid bought a gun, passed a background check.

A few days later, bought another gun. Passed another background check.

Buying 2 guns in such a short timeframe triggered some alarm, so ATF did their own background check. Passed that too.

3 background checks in a week, all passed.

Red flag laws don’t do anything. Keep them, so Omar Little can’t shop at ****’s, but they aren’t doing anything to slow down someone with no criminal record.

Advertisement
Back