Off-Topic Mass killings

Fair enough. I disagree with your interpretation of 2, though. Let’s, then, disband every branch of the military, give every citizen an m16 and 1,000 rounds, and spend the remaining 800.9 billion on other worthwhile ventures. That way we’d at least be following a strict/narrow interpretation of the actual document.

I'm interested in your interpretation

Advertisement
In an elementary school?
You can outrun a knife much easier than a gun. You also can fight back, against a knife far easier, than a gun at a distance.
It also requires a good deal of training/practice to be decent enough with a knife. Any teacher who was a HS wrestler would kill the kid with his own knife in any of the recent shootings. Let alone going against 2-3 teachers. Now if the guy is a kali expert that is a different story, but even so enough teachers will take him out and you can run away.

Quick search 1996 had 84 vs 2015 32.
Did a quick check too, interestingly enough, overall murder rate in 1990 was about same as 2020, if the graph they show is accurate.

No but you are ok with multiple school shootings because "I have rights"
Paramount Network Ok GIF by Yellowstone

Advertisement
Pressure cooker bombs? It naive to think that homicides wouldn't decrease if there were no guns.

Based off this research seems like the criminals are targeting areas with no guns.

Gun Research

I’m not sure how you came to this conclusion. So, the law abiding citizens will follow the law with no guns. The murdering ******** won’t and shoot our @ss. Nice! Can’t wait to live in that wonderful place.

Well for one the cops wouldn't have been sitting on their thumbs waiting for a tactical squad with a shield to storm the class room if someone had a knife vs a gun, and the teacher stood a significantly better chance at changing the outcome. But continue on with that....
Secondly there's a huge phycological difference between wielding a gun and wielding a knife. Getting close enough to stab someone is far more intimate of a crime and puts the attacker closer to harms way. There's far more random acts of violence with guns than knives because it's convenient, legal, and frankly celebrated and borderline worshipped.

Based off this research seems like the criminals are targeting areas with no guns.

Gun Research

I’m not sure how you came to this conclusion. So, the law abiding citizens will follow the law with no guns. The murdering ******** won’t and shoot our @ss. Nice! Can’t wait to live in that wonderful place.
If there are no guns there is no gun crime. The real problem it the oversaturation of guns in the USA.

Advertisement
How many guns were made by the criminals themself? Why aren't they using tanks and things like that if they will get them regardless of their legality?

I’m not really seeing your comparison as you going extremely left field with the tank reference. Guns like drugs are smaller and more easily smuggled.

Secondly there's a huge phycological difference between wielding a gun and wielding a knife. Getting close enough to stab someone is far more intimate of a crime and puts the attacker closer to harms way. There's far more random acts of violence with guns than knives because it's convenient, legal, and frankly celebrated and borderline worshipped.
There ain't no teacher (unless trained in the arts) who would be able to take on an assailant with crazy intent wielding this 👇
74D78B64-EE83-4AEC-81EF-91EEA92EAC96.jpeg

Unless we step up Public School Security, put more emphasis on our kids mental health. You can ban guns all you want. Something else will just replace gun violence.

Advertisement
I’m not really seeing your comparison as you going extremely left field with the tank reference. Guns like drugs are smaller and more easily smuggled.
Its because you are making an illogical point that is constantly parroted. "if all the guns are gone, they are still going to get them". guns are far more difficult to conceal or make than drugs.

And basically what you are saying is that "criminals will get their hands on illegal things, if it isn't to difficult to get their hands on". Correct?

There ain't no teacher (unless trained in the arts) who would be able to take on an assailant with crazy intent wielding this 👇
View attachment 187117

Unless we step up Public School Security, put more emphasis on our kids mental health. You can ban guns all you want. Something else will just replace gun violence.
That is entirely BS. You have clearly never been in an altercation with a knife. If you average school shooter starts swinging that around and the person has any sort of understanding of what to do, the worst that is going to happen to them is they will get stabbed once.

Advertisement
Well for one the cops wouldn't have been sitting on their thumbs waiting for a tactical squad with a shield to storm the class room if someone had a knife vs a gun, and the teacher stood a significantly better chance at changing the outcome. But continue on with that....-
Every argument hinges on the teacher. Isn't it better to not have someone try to kill a bunch of people?

But let's talk about elderly women possibly taking out an 18 yr old man.

Every argument hinges on the teacher. Isn't it better to not have someone try to kill a bunch of people?

But let's talk about elderly women possibly taking out an 18 yr old man.
Most of these school shooters are very frail bullied kids and most teachers are not elderly people. Its fine to address both issues.

Advertisement
Back