Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement
How about you lay off bull**** comments like that for a while and focus on keeping the families of those children and the teacher in your thoughts for ***** sake?
It's not my country, so dismiss this comment entirely - but all the world sees is "thoughts and prayers" as you continue to have mass shootings in your country.

You missed your chance at Sandy Hook, but you have a chance now to do what the UK did with regards to guns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

Obviously owning a firearm is too ingrained into American culture for that to happen, so these mass shootings will keep happening.

I guess that's why California, Illinois, and Maryland are so safe.

How about Vermont? Does it have lax gun laws?
How many of these shootings are done by flagged, mentally I’ll people?
Are you guys are ok with anyone getting a gun, with little or no background checks?

It's not my country, so dismiss this comment entirely - but all the world sees is "thoughts and prayers" as you continue to have mass shootings in your country.

You missed your chance at Sandy Hook, but you have a chance now to do what the UK did with regards to guns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunblane_massacre

Obviously owning a firearm is too ingrained into American culture for that to happen, so these mass shootings will keep happening.

Why post this then?

Are you guys are ok with anyone getting a gun, with little or no background checks?
If you'll pay attention to my previous posts on the matter, I'm absolutely an advocate of better mental health evaluations. The only issue I have is that it might get used in a retaliatory or weaponized way.

But if you ask if the shooter was on meds, or criticize the failings of those who should have seen this coming, the subject always goes back to guns. Look at Parkland. Two different law enforcement agencies knew this guy. One was negligent in their response and when he had an opportunity to own up to that, he went political.

Advertisement
I don't think anyone here has said that mentally ill people should get guns unchecked. Again, another fabricated talking point.

There is a serious issue in this country where parents are more and more absent from the raising of their children. Kids are now, able to connect to the most vile content at a young age, and get more and more desensitized to it.

You see more and more of this happening as we have single parent or households with both parents having to work. We have a culture that promotes violence more and more. Of course there are going to be immature minds that get warped and fall through the cracks of the system that fails them.

Blaming the object, the gun, is wrong. We are a nation formed on the presence of owning firearms for many different reasons. Tackle the social and mental issues instead of taking the easy way out that will never be accomplished anyways.

Advertisement
How much you want to bet these guns were legal guns legally obtained by the kid’s family.

But to me the biggest issue, and nobody ever brings this up, is the fact that these events are covered wall-to-wall 24/7/365 for days and days, and it’s just a theory of mine, but I think that this triggers other disturbed and like-minded people, to do something similar, in other words it reduces their threshold for taking that next step.

I’m sure there are thousands of people that are thinking about doing these kinds of things but not all of them end up doing it. The continual coverage I think desensitizes some of these crazy people. It lowers their inhibitions.

I would not be surprised by your analysis, and I tend to agree that these events are triggering for something bigger.

Newsflash. Thoughts and prayers dont do **** but placate those who refuse to act.
To be fair I have been asking all over the board to be shared one answer to prayer . . . the guy did say thoughts, not prayers.

Otherwise I agree 100%

God aint coming people.

"One person was in custody, Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown told reporters at a press conference.
A “personal conflict” sparked the shooting, according to Brown, who declined to provide the suspect’s name or age before charges were filed."

The next day and we still don't know anything about the suspect. By this time in Buffalo we knew what flavor cake was served at the suspects 3rd birthday party.
Because one guy live streamed his assault and wrote a giant manifesto. Of course we know more about that shooter.

Advertisement
Newsflash. Thoughts and prayers dont do **** but placate those who refuse to act.
Neither does posting your thoughts on this message board. You're really changing the world here buddy.

Posting a sarcastic comment about wanting to arm schoolchildren is really making a difference. I am so glad you chose to act!

I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence, Covid cabin fever, sick & twisted world or what, but I feel every time the mention of gun reform hits the table to be voted on, these mass shootings escalates. It’s a weird phenomenon.
Its a coincidence. This guy didn't wake up and say "well you know I want to go and try to get guns banned so I am going to go shot 15 people today".

Advertisement
Around 300 children aged 16 or younger have been shot just in the city of Chicago since 2021....plenty of gun "control" there...and no one seems to give a **** about those kids.
What are you talking about. No one gives a schit about those kids? There are literally stop the violence protests that go on in Chicago. And they have one of the largest PDs in the nation.

I don't care what anyone says about "thoughts and prayers" being a bad thing. But, thoughts and prayers to the families of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th graders and 1 teacher that were murdered today.

Praying the numbers don't increase. Just horrible news

What are you talking about. No one gives a schit about those kids? There are literally stop the violence protests that go on in Chicago. And they have one of the largest PDs in the nation.
I don't see massive movements against gun violence for those children. I don't see their names and faces in the news.

Advertisement
Back