Off-Topic Mass killings

Advertisement
Advertisement
Since it's unlikely that the Second Amendment will be repealed, maybe instead of tilting at windmills, try looking for other solutions that might have a chance.

There was a poster a few pages back who made a comment along the lines of "we don't adequately value human life" -- which i agree with 100% is at the root of the issue.

so how do we overcome THAT?

Advertisement
Since it's unlikely that the Second Amendment will be repealed, maybe instead of tilting at windmills, try looking for other solutions that might have a chance.
That wouldn't be pursued because no one gives a right **** about the citizens.

And don't start me with "measurements that support mental health". People give even less of a **** about that.

That wouldn't be pursued because no one gives a right **** about the citizens.

And don't start me with "measurements that support mental health". People give even less of a **** about that.
Lobbyists and special interest groups drive these conversations.

From this morning's Washington Post (bolding is theirs not mine):

Did the Shooter Hold White Supremacist or Neo-**** Beliefs?

Police have not commented on any possible motive for the shooting, but a patch on the gunman’s chest at the time of the shooting, said “RWDS,” an acronym that stands for Right Wing Death Squad, according to people familiar with the investigation.
The phrase is popular among right-wing extremists, neo-***** and white supremacists, they said.

An initial examination of the shooter’s background showed no criminal history.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wonder what percentage of "White blood" a person has to have for true White Supremacists to consider them White? From his picture, this shooter would probably not pass racial muster in that regard. Same for Neo-**** affiliation: He's clearly not Aryan.

Advertisement
There was a poster a few pages back who made a comment along the lines of "we don't adequately value human life" -- which i agree with 100% is at the root of the issue.

so how do we overcome THAT?
It was me and there’s not enough space in this forum to type everything out. To shorten it up, unlearn everything and unsee every pop culture symbol for the past 3 decades.

It all starts at home. Teach your kids hard truths. Nobody is equal to anyone. Life isn’t fair. Happiness comes from family not career. Stop watching tv and stay off social media. The bad stuff is always amplified, distorted and lied about. Different races don’t actually hate each other. Do not rely on the government for anything.

It was me and there’s not enough space in this forum to type everything out. To shorten it up, unlearn everything and unsee every pop culture symbol for the past 3 decades.

It all starts at home. Teach your kids hard truths. Nobody is equal to anyone. Life isn’t fair. Happiness comes from family not career. Stop watching tv and stay off social media. The bad stuff is always amplified, distorted and lied about. Different races don’t actually hate each other. Do not rely on the government for anything.
I agree about lack of respect for human life and not relying on the gov't. But not watching TV and staying off phones/social media, and some of the rest of the 'pop culture' stuff? I'm afraid those ships sailed way too long ago. Impossible to turn back time.

When I read what you wrote, I get an image of someone maybe longing for a cabin in the remote woods or mountains.

Advertisement
I agree about lack of respect for human life and not relying on the gov't. But not watching TV and staying off phones/social media, and some of the rest of the 'pop culture' stuff? I'm afraid those ships sailed way too long ago. Impossible to turn back time.

When I read what you wrote, I get an image of someone maybe longing for a cabin in the remote woods or mountains.
It’s way gone. We will never be able to close Pandora’s box. I make this argument bc only a small percentage of people are able to consume all the garbage that’s out there today and not let it negatively impact them. Strong families and home life, is the only way out of this.

Homesteading is becoming popular again. I’m not the only one who see’s what’s going on and feels this way.

It’s way gone. We will never be able to close Pandora’s box. I make this argument bc only a small percentage of people are able to consume all the garbage that’s out there today and not let it negatively impact them. Strong families and home life, is the only way out of this.

Homesteading is becoming popular again. I’m not the only one who see’s what’s going on and feels this way.
Covid sure didn't help. People were trying to find ways to keep themselves entertained while they were locked down. Hey, let's build a chicken coop and plant a garden.

That's why so many of these issues seem to have bandaid/symptomatic p[proposed fixes to them. The issue is so complex that you need a wholesale infrastructure restructuring to begin to address it - similar to education, healthcare, etc. None of the politicians have the balls to do it.

Sadly, I don't see these issues being fixed in our lifetime.

edited. lol

Covid sure didn't help. People were trying to find ways to keep themselves entertained while they were locked down. Hey, let's build a chicken coop and plant a garden.
I did....Lol
20230506_184653.jpg

Advertisement
Back