Off-Topic Mass killings

How many of you that cry about guns would be in favor of banning alcohol? What about sugar, preservatives and everything in foods that lead to heart disease, diabetes, obesity, etc.

Both of those kill multiple times more people than guns. And they are much easier to get rid of than guns as well. So what’s the real reason guns are such a hot topic? Bc they produce a loud bang and look scary?

Advertisement
Yes that is the bargain I’ve made.

I’ll take the violent society we live in 100% of the time over a society where the government and criminals have a monopoly on force.

Then stop complaining when someone does a mass shooting. Surely you've heard the one about sleeping in the bed you make?

Then stop complaining when someone does a mass shooting. Surely you've heard the one about sleeping in the bed you make?
You got the wrong person. I’ve never complained about guns. I’m the one saying the NFA is unconstitutional. The only complaint I’ve made is about DA’s. If they actually prosecuted gun charges and other violent crimes, overall crime would drop drastically.

Last edited:
You got the wrong person. I’ve never complained about guns. I’m the one saying the NFA is unconstitutional. The only complaint I’ve made is about DA’s. If they actually prosecuted gun charges and other violent crimes, overall crime would drop drastically.

Your theory of crime is that the kinds of people who would do a mass shooting are also the ones paying attention to whether their local DA is tough on crime or not?

Your theory of crime is that the kinds of people who would do a mass shooting are also the ones paying attention to whether their local DA is tough on crime or not?
My “theory on crime” is based on numbers that firearm offenders are about twice as likely to commit another crime than non gun offenders.

My “theory” on stopping mass shootings is protect yourself and protect vulnerable areas like schools. And also my thoughts on our current state of society a few posts back.

Advertisement
My “theory on crime” is based on numbers that firearm offenders are about twice as likely to commit another crime than non gun offenders.

My “theory” on stopping mass shootings is protect yourself and protect vulnerable areas like schools. And also my thoughts on our current state of society a few posts back.

None of which is inconsistent with common sense gun regulation like age restrictions, permit requirements for conceal carry, more thorough background checks, restrictions on ownership if you have certain things on your record. People can work themselves up over gun bans all they want but even a revival of the assault weapons ban isn't realistic at this juncture. If there wasn't the political will for it the past 5 times someone went and shot up a bunch of toddlers, probably not gonna happen after the next 5 either.

None of which is inconsistent with common sense gun regulation like age restrictions, permit requirements for conceal carry, more thorough background checks, restrictions on ownership if you have certain things on your record. People can work themselves up over gun bans all they want but even a revival of the assault weapons ban isn't realistic at this juncture. If there wasn't the political will for it the past 5 times someone went and shot up a bunch of toddlers, probably not gonna happen after the next 5 either.

No such thing as “common sense gun control/reform.”

Constitutional carry nationwide and repeal the NFA.

Also here’s a video in case someone wants to waste their time writing what they think the 2A means.

How many of you that cry about guns would be in favor of banning alcohol? What about sugar, preservatives and everything in foods that lead to heart disease, diabetes, obesity, etc.

Both of those kill multiple times more people than guns. And they are much easier to get rid of than guns as well. So what’s the real reason guns are such a hot topic? Bc they produce a loud bang and look scary?
1) Sugar is a normal part of our biochemistry; Banning Sugar will result in extinction of most forms of complex life.
2) when’s the last time someone accidentally rang the wrong doorbell and was killed with a lethal shot of Sugar?
3) Guns are overrated, true patriots protect their property with land mines. 😏

1) Sugar is a normal part of our biochemistry; Banning Sugar will result in extinction of most forms of complex life.
2) when’s the last time someone accidentally rang the wrong doorbell and was killed with a lethal shot of Sugar?
3) Guns are overrated, true patriots protect their property with land mines. 😏
1) This isn’t a serious comment. Banning sugar means soft drinks, garbage foods, etc. There are natural sugars in plenty of healthy foods that were able to sustain life for 100s of years before these companies were started.

2) When’s the last time guns killed 100 thousand people in a non war zone?

3) Guns are the only thing that protecting your rights and civil liberties

Advertisement
1) This isn’t a serious comment. Banning sugar means soft drinks, garbage foods, etc. There are natural sugars in plenty of healthy foods that were able to sustain life for 100s of years before these companies were started.

2) When’s the last time guns killed 100 thousand people in a non war zone?

3) Guns are the only thing that protecting your rights and civil liberties
Would also add sugar is most likely not a natural part of our diet. Fruits and corn where we get them from were developed through breeding over extended periods of time. Doubt anyone wants any part of the natural species they came from. I believe sugars and fruits were luxury items not long ago.

Would also add sugar is most likely not a natural part of our diet. Fruits and corn where we get them from were developed through breeding over extended periods of time. Doubt anyone wants any part of the natural species they came from. I believe sugars and fruits were luxury items not long ago.
Look at a picture of people at the beach in the 70s and 80s and look at one now. What’s in our food is by far the second most dangerous thing behind overdoses in this country. But no proposed laws or speeches against the food lobby or outrage or marches against it for some reason.

Edit: I lied people are outraged about the food lobby. The meat and rice lobby. In the name of climate change, not personal health lmao. This isn’t a serious country.

Last edited:
Look at a picture of people at the beach in the 70s and 80s and look at one now. What’s in our food is by far the second most dangerous thing behind overdoses in this country. But no proposed laws or speeches against the food lobby or outrage or marches against it for some reason.
The government and The Science has been pushing to eat sugar and carbs mainly since Eisenhower had his first heart attack from chain smoking for decades. I went back on Atkins recently and the weight is going away. I still can’t convince my friend that carbs are bad and that we can also get energy from fat. Though to be fair I wouldn’t have believed either if I didn’t lose a lot from the first time doing Atkins years ago.

I will say the sugar and carb cravings are still crazy. I have never done drugs and don’t drink. Though I can appreciate somewhat the withdrawal and temptation from how bad sugar and carbs still call me.

The government and The Science has been pushing to eat sugar and carbs mainly since Eisenhower had his first heart attack from chain smoking for decades. I went back on Atkins recently and the weight is going away. I still can’t convince my friend that carbs are bad and that we can also get energy from fat. Though to be fair I wouldn’t have believed either if I didn’t lose a lot from the first time doing Atkins years ago.

I will say the sugar and carb cravings are still crazy. I have never done drugs and don’t drink. Though I can appreciate somewhat the withdrawal and temptation from how bad sugar and carbs still call me.
Food pyramid was a scam. And we all saw how “modern day science” treated Covid. You need vitamin D and to not be fat to help beat this virus? Best we can do is to make you stay in your house and close your gym.

Anyway to get back on topic before our favorite Maude warns us, the gun ordeal is outrage with a purpose. It’s not about saving lives, bc if it was the points we’re making would be promoted daily to save even more lives.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm tired of hearing banning guns is a panacea. Is it a coincidence that these incidents started once the idea of giving medication on an outpatient basis became widespread?
This is what I’m asking for. Policy proposals. So are you proposing a change in medication distribution on a national level? Why is this so hard for people to do? No one is shutting you down. Let’s hear the policies!

This is what I’m asking for. Policy proposals. So are you proposing a change in medication distribution on a national level? Why is this so hard for people to do? No one is shutting you down. Let’s hear the policies!
I'll be happy to write my Congressman if you think it will help.

Advertisement
Back