Maryland going after Richt

Problem2

All-American
Premium
[tweet]671477333811924993[/tweet]

This coaching search is a joke. Just name Butch already

Advertisement
I don't care if you like Richt or not, we better at least talk to him. We'd be idiots not to talk to him.

According to Pete we are not targeting him, we must really be getting a big fish for this search to be so secretive!
Don't let us down Blake, we know you are behind the scenes working on a long term deal with a heavy hitter..
( maybe sarcastic)

Richt's former AD, Damon Evans, is at Maryland. I'm not sure if the interest is genuine, or if they're doing him a favor by publicly announcing their interest?

... But I think that would be a great spot for Richt, assuming he's ok with the weather. B1G school, trying to establish themselves against Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Rutgers. He would definitely be a "name" hire for them.

Advertisement
Maryland would be doing very well if they could land Richt....

He'll have no problem finding a job as a HC somewhere...

[tweet]671477333811924993[/tweet]

This coaching search is a joke. Just name Butch already

Richt's former AD, Damon Evans, is at Maryland. I'm not sure if the interest is genuine, or if they're doing him a favor by publicly announcing their interest?

... But I think that would be a great spot for Richt, assuming he's ok with the weather. B1G school, trying to establish themselves against Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Rutgers. He would definitely be a "name" hire for them.

Why is it a great spot? Much easier to win at Miami than MD.

Advertisement

much less stress from fans and media at maryland. He won't have to worry about banners

Advertisement

much less stress from fans and media at maryland. He won't have to worry about banners

Maryland fired Fat Ralph, a MD alum, after he won more there than any coach in the modern era, and fired him after a 9 win season. Yes, there's less pressure, but there is pressure, and now there is more that they're in the Big 10.

Maryland fired Fat Ralph, a MD alum, after he won more there than any coach in the modern era, and fired him after a 9 win season. Yes, there's less pressure, but there is pressure, and now there is more that they're in the Big 10.

Pressure means it's a real job. But the pressure at Maryland is much less than Miami. Al Golden would not have started this season if he had Randy Edsall's record.

Advertisement

Well, I want Mullen at Miami. So, I don't see us hiring Richt.

But I think UNC (if Fedora left), South Carolina, or Maryland would all be good jobs for Richt.

I think he could win enough to make Maryland relevant during their next coaching search. And I think they would give him time to win, unlike what Miami will expect.

Nobody sees Maryland winning the East next year. But Miami should absolutely be in the mix for the Coastal. Immediate expectations at Miami, not the same at Maryland. Richt should also get a ton of resources to build it up.

And, given its Maryland, it would be a HUGE get for them. He's an SEC coach with about a .700 winning percentage. He's coached against Meyer and Franklin, already.

The more I think about it, the better the fit at Maryland.

Win-win scenario for Richt and Maryland, IMO.

He should come to his alma mater and we should want him. He's like Bob Stoops that won a little less at a worse program...there were multiple years he had the best team and didn't win. In the current system, those teams would've been in the playoff.

Advertisement
Back