Martell??

So Fields' case opens the floodgates for every black player to transfer then, right? Because every kid can find some racist comment said to them

And Bru McCoy, what if he gets approved? He's using an ASSISTANT COACH change as basis for a waiver. And because it's Texas I have zero doubt he'll win.

Kids are using dozens of reasons for hardship waivers. It's both dumb and weird to claim Tate's case opens floodgates while all these other ones dont
Can every black kid document the racist issue like Fields did ? Even then, that issue is a lot more sensitive than "my coach left and I'm not going to be the starter like I thought i was."

Advertisement
Exactly. Don’t see Emerett or the NCAA doing the U any favors even though with the Fields decision Martell should be allowed to play. I’ve read some articles that basically say that if the NCAA grants him eligibility for this season that it’s opening itself up for what could amount to amateur free agency at its finest. While I profess not to be a lawyer, perhaps those that are, or work in the field can elaborate further.

Advertisement
This is the dumb narrative the national media is trying to push.

81% of hardship waivers have been APPROVED since the recent rule change. Including some ridiculous cases with far less support than Martell.

It already is open season. Denying Martell would be going against precedent the NCAA has already set

1000% agree. That article posted above is putting more pressure and importance on highlighting Martell’s case than is warranted. Just based on merits, Justin Fields case should be considered much more impactful for opening floodgates. Martell actually has a HC change to point at + departure of his primary recruiter + scandal re his primary recruiter.

Are people really trying to act like him getting approved will have a major ripple effect for other transfers? If those other transfers don’t, at a minimum, involve the departure of the HC that the player signed on to play for then it’s a non-starter for use as precedent imo.

However, of course, national perception wants to put the public eye on Miami’s case and make it seem like a bigger deal so that there’s more pressure against the positive outcome coming to fruition.

Advertisement
I dont think its a dumb narrative at all. As you said, 51 out of 64 or something like that have been approved.

What makes Martell a lil different tho is it'll open the door to using a coaching change or the desire for immediate playing time as a valid reason for a transfer w immediate eligibility.

If they deny it, you won't see those floodgates open.

Hasn’t that already happened with prior approvals?

Fields didn’t even have that to hang his case on

I found a picture of Tate with long hair.
View attachment 80270

tumblr_oqhegtRC9T1uq2ghxo2_r2_500.gif

Players sign a one year contract /scholarship if they do not perform they get weeded out .Coaches change jobs constantly .Why should players not have the same options.The argument that the floodgates would open is akin to if you free one slave you have to free the rest.Yes the players are not indentured servants nor do they have 4 year contracts.The NCAA rules should be changed to protect the student athletes who provide huge money to the universities and the NCAA.

Players sign a one year contract /scholarship if they do not perform they get weeded out .Coaches change jobs constantly .Why should players not have the same options.The argument that the floodgates would open is akin to if you free one slave you have to free the rest.Yes the players are not indentured servants nor do they have 4 year contracts.The NCAA rules should be changed to protect the student athletes who provide huge money to the universities and the NCAA.

Advertisement
1000% agree. That article posted above is putting more pressure and importance on highlighting Martell’s case than is warranted. Just based on merits, Justin Fields case should be considered much more impactful for opening floodgates. Martell actually has a HC change to point at + departure of his primary recruiter + scandal re his primary recruiter.

Are people really trying to act like him getting approved will have a major ripple effect for other transfers? If those other transfers don’t, at a minimum, involve the departure of the HC that the player signed on to play for then it’s a non-starter for use as precedent imo.

However, of course, national perception wants to put the public eye on Miami’s case and make it seem like a bigger deal so that there’s more pressure against the positive outcome coming to fruition.
obviously i would expect coaches to take a position against waivers but the reason is a joke. somehow we are doing the players a disservice or not teaching them to compete by allowing them to change schools?? how can they say this with a straight face?

But then we have Bru McCoy who left USC for Texas. He is using his Offensive Coordinator left as his excuse. If Bru gets the waiver and we don't get it for Martell, there will be a major issue with the NCAA, especially since Kingsbury wasn't on the job no more than month after being hired.

Advertisement
Just reached out to the Martell family. I have a cousin who goes to OSU and he is willing to go on record saying that he called our boy a short cracker at a frat party. TIFWIW but he will step forward if the lawyers need more ammo 😂😂😂😂
If needed we can start a Go Fund Me for the Lawyers to fight the case.

Advertisement
Back