Martell coming back....not.....

Never have I seen a player get so much publicity while doing absolutely nothing and the press continues to write about him. Whoever his PR firm is, I want to hire them.

Advertisement
How many times did he go AWOL/MIA?
Maybe he didn't like the team. Couldn't deal w/ the pressure. Lazy, or unmotivated, or not a good QB. Any number of things besides mental health issues. Tbh don't see that excuse for many non-White players (or criminals), but I digress.

Advertisement
He’d go 25-28, 350 yds and 4 tds against Miami defense. We make every average QB look like Brady. I’ll laugh if he comes back and embarrasses us.

It was just lots of weird stuff... Dude highly ranked QB, transfers, gets a waiver for immediate eligibility, then loses the gig to J. Williams and starts his first game ever at WR playing a ton of snaps then went AWOL. I think even his mom at one point got on twitter saying she couldn't find him, dude basically quit football, wasn;t at practices anymore, no one knew **** aside from him posting a ton of pics with his GF just randomly traveling. Then he opts out for the 2020 season but still isn't around the team.

Then dude who was all over social media just stops cold turkey, then a few weeks ago posts some pics of him working out saying "Just had to get my mind right"

Then earlier today he posts this... dude made his own portal transfer video (funny he thanked Haskins, Barret, Burrow as leaders for a QB but not King or Jarren lol)

So while there is no concrete evidence he actually was diagnosed with some mental issue, people are just grasping at straws based on his odd circumstances. But you are completely right, maybe he just isnt a P5 QB and lost his motivation.

Wait, is he crying in that video? I ask for two reasons.

1-like wtf, grow a pair
2- the song at the end literally says "I don't cry no more"

Advertisement
The Benefits of Wudu - The Modern East

He couldn't even do that against Louisiana Tech defense, who was a year removed from Blake Baker.

In a Dan Enos offense. Yeah, we saw how successful all of our QBs were with him running the show.

You can’t count the LT game and ignore his game at Ohio State vs Rutgers, which the Miami defense can often resemble against any offense with a pulse:

Passing: 10-10, 121 yards, 1 TD
Running: 8 car., 95 yards, 1 TD

Advertisement
Tate was just a huge missed evaluation of a player's ability by so many. All of the scouting services that had him top 50 overall. Urb, who signed him to OSU. Diaz and Enos, who brought him to Miami. Not to mention every other major coach/program that lost out to Ohio State but still recruited him.

I don't really blame Tate for any of that. Dude just wasn't any good and no one saw it.

Advertisement
Tate was just a huge missed evaluation of a player's ability by so many. All of the scouting services that had him top 50 overall. Urb, who signed him to OSU. Diaz and Enos, who brought him to Miami. Not to mention every other major coach/program that lost out to Ohio State but still recruited him.

I don't really blame Tate for any of that. Dude just wasn't any good and no one saw it.
I am not really that sure anyone at Miami knows what they are looking at to make that judgement.

Never have I seen a player get so much publicity while doing absolutely nothing and the press continues to write about him. Whoever his PR firm is, I want to hire them.

Blame it on Diaz for keeping this kid around.

He’s not the type of player you build championship teams with and apparently Diaz wasn’t seasoned enough to recognize the obvious.

Advertisement
Back