Marshall Few going to Air Force special ops program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My son said he has not gone yet. He believes Marshall goes in July. The Air Force training pipeline is a disaster. For instance, my son will commission in May. It may be 12 months before he goes to undergraduate pilot training. I told my son that it is just as ****ed up when I got commissioned in 1983. My love for Air Force personnel officers is boundless...lol.

My son said he has not gone yet. He believes Marshall goes in July. The Air Force training pipeline is a disaster. For instance, my son will commission in May. It may be 12 months before he goes to undergraduate pilot training. I told my son that it is just as ****ed up when I got commissioned in 1983. My love for Air Force personnel officers is boundless...lol.
I had an offer to commission about a year and a half ago. Two years minimum before before I could get to OTS, and "indeterminate" before I could get into a 5-week 41AX school. Instead I opted to cross-train and I finally start my next IST school next week, 16 months after submitting for dates.

I know that's right. I waited almost a year to ship off back in 2009. My cousins in the Navy and friends in the USMC left within a couple months. I can't remember what Few is doing, but PJ for example has a long *** tech school anyway. It'll be a while before he hits his first duty station.

I know that's right. I waited almost a year to ship off back in 2009. My cousins in the Navy and friends in the USMC left within a couple months. I can't remember what Few is doing, but PJ for example has a long *** tech school anyway. It'll be a while before he hits his first duty station.
Combat Rescue Officer. Here are the quals. I'd guess it will take him two years to complete.
  • Knowledge of principles and practices of personnel recovery
  • Completion of required training courses:
    • Combat Rescue Officer Development course
    • CRO/Pararescue Indoctrination course
    • Air Force Combat Dive Course—open circuit
    • Army Airborne Parachutist course
    • Military Free-fall Parachutist or U.S. Navy Military Free-fall course
    • Underwater Egress training
    • SERE training
    • CRO Advanced SERE training
    • CRO course
  • Physical qualification for marine diving and parachutist duty
  • Must maintain combat-ready status
  • Completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
  • Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force
  • Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
  • Must be between the ages of 18 and 39

Advertisement
We still can't get it right after 30 years and it seems the issue was even back in your day.

😡😡😡😡😡

Are they bringing the AFROTC 2Lts to bases as "interns" until their slots open?

The amount of cursing towards the flesh peddlers at Randolph is endless isn't it...

😡😡😡😡

Last edited:
Combat Rescue Officer. Here are the quals. I'd guess it will take him two years to complete.
  • Knowledge of principles and practices of personnel recovery
  • Completion of required training courses:
    • Combat Rescue Officer Development course
    • CRO/Pararescue Indoctrination course
    • Air Force Combat Dive Course—open circuit
    • Army Airborne Parachutist course
    • Military Free-fall Parachutist or U.S. Navy Military Free-fall course
    • Underwater Egress training
    • SERE training
    • CRO Advanced SERE training
    • CRO course
  • Physical qualification for marine diving and parachutist duty
  • Must maintain combat-ready status
  • Completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
  • Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force
  • Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
  • Must be between the ages of 18 and 39
👆I believe 80% washout rate.

Good luck to him... do great things!

👆I believe 80% washout rate.

Good luck to him... do great things!
I think it might be even more than that. One of my cousins washed out after a few months for injuries. The first few months is the water con and physical stuff where most people wash out. What's crazy is you could make it to the final school after all that, spend over a year getting the crap beat out of you, then not be able to pass the medical side and wash out. Imagine spending 2 years doing all that to end up in services lol. I have a lot of respect for PJ's. Those are some bad dudes.

Advertisement
We still can't get it right after 30 years and it seems the issue was even back in your day.

😡😡😡😡😡

Are they bringing the AFROTC 2Lts to bases as "interns" until their slots open?

The amount of cursing towards the flesh peddlers at Randolph is endless isn't it...

😡😡😡😡
Very, very few. Chris had one buddy in casual status for about 3 months before he started ENJJPT. Everybody else is just sitting around waiting. They don't even get a class date until down the road. He could be off to UPT in 3 months or 15 months. How the **** do you plan anything?

Very, very few. Chris had one buddy in casual status for about 3 months before he started ENJJPT. Everybody else is just sitting around waiting. They don't even get a class date until down the road. He could be off to UPT in 3 months or 15 months. How the **** do you plan anything?
I waited 7 months and a friend waited 14 (no casual status program back then).

The Strike Eagle pipeline is a disaster, as I'm sure all the rest of the platforms are. Is there a single AFSC that has it right? Probably not close.

You'd think with all the brilliant people you and I worked with, we'd have the pipeline start dates smoothed out by now...

then again, considering the brilliant people we worked with, a miracle it isn't even more fücked up... 😂😂😂😂

I waited 7 months and a friend waited 14 (no casual status program back then).

The Strike Eagle pipeline is a disaster, as I'm sure all the rest of the platforms are. Is there a single AFSC that has it right? Probably not close.

You'd think with all the brilliant people you and I worked with, we'd have the pipeline start dates smoothed out by now...

then again, considering the brilliant people we worked with, a miracle it isn't even more fücked up... 😂😂😂😂
I know Covid screwed with the pilot pipeline. Airline gray beards held back their retirements, plus the need for new pilots were not as great. That will pick up in about to 2 years. The last of the boomers with be 65 by 2008 and that is the mandatory retirement age unless to go to schoolhouse. My son said they are open to cross service transferring or opting out of commissioning. My son is contracted so he cannot go anywhere.

Advertisement
Proud of the young man.

tumblr_o0ai8081tm1tmn9pto1_500.gifv

Advertisement
Back