Marshall Few going to Air Force special ops program.

Advertisement
Watch the movie "12 Strong". 2/12 were AF STOs* 1-CCP and 1-TACP (movie kinda implies they were all Army SF).

He'll direct fires and other special tasks to kill people and break things. They also have a CSAR component to their duties as well.

Absolutely tremendous for him to be selected. His dad is a Green Beret (I read?)... no surprise at all. Those cats are world class athletes.

*I thought about a sec... one was enlisted and one was an O... it doesn't matter... that mission set will be studied for years to come...
TACP deploy with army units (typically specops) to handle air strikes etc. My cousin was TACP and it's definitely hard to get into and complete. The 2nd hardest training in the USAF behind PJ. Proud of Few, good luck kid!

Outstanding, tons of respect for young men with options to do literally anything in life and choose military service. Have one nephew that graduated from the Naval Academy 4 years ago and took his commission as a Marine and his younger brother did a USMC ROTC program in college and is now in his second year. Kudos to Lt. Few.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Watch the movie "12 Strong". 2/12 were AF STOs* 1-CCP and 1-TACP (movie kinda implies they were all Army SF).

He'll direct fires and other special tasks to kill people and break things. They also have a CSAR component to their duties as well.

Absolutely tremendous for him to be selected. His dad is a Green Beret (I read?)... no surprise at all. Those cats are world class athletes.

*I thought about a sec... one was enlisted and one was an O... it doesn't matter... that mission set will be studied for years to come...
Not in Christy's article, but Chris said Marshall's dad was a Green Beret. STOs will go through JTAC. Different world these days. Many of the TAC-Ps I knew flew Broncos or Hogs. Most were pilots which makes senses. Now it is all plug and play. More of a skill and less of an art. Much better sensors and GPS. Comms are great. Data links outstanding.

Good for him, those Air Force special forces dudes are bad asses, pararescue and the rest

Advertisement
Not in Christy's article, but Chris said Marshall's dad was a Green Beret. STOs will go through JTAC. Different world these days. Many of the TAC-Ps I knew flew Broncos or Hogs. Most were pilots which makes senses. Now it is all plug and play. More of a skill and less of an art. Much better sensors and GPS. Comms are great. Data links outstanding.
Huge changes... those diverged those career fields about 15-20yrs back or so.

Then they branched CAS, ALOs, etc... stc... etc..

That sounds like the last guys off the roof evacuating the Embassy during the fall of Saigon. They were directing helicopter traffic. Then the last Marine guards took the last chopper.

Advertisement
Always liked Few, good luck!

OIP.wczQ46gvl5aZ14lzjzq1RQHaGE

Outstanding, tons of respect for young men with options to do literally anything in life and choose military service. Have one nephew that graduated from the Naval Academy 4 years ago and took his commission as a Marine and his younger brother did a USMC ROTC program in college and is now in his second year. Kudos to Lt. Few.
Agreed. When I was an incoming freshman in college I remember asking all of the older guys what they were going to do for work upon graduation, most said they were going to work on wall street, and a few were going to law/med school.

But the guy I stayed with on my visit told me he was shipping off to BUDS. At the time I had no idea what that even was and when he explained it I don't think I fully grasped just what it was he was subjecting himself to. Fast forward 6 months and my friend became a Navy SEAL, committed himself to serving and protecting the rest of us. Pretty **** cool, if you ask me. No offense to the guys who went on to become Fixed Income Analysts, but there's a different level of respect that should be given to those who keep us safe.

Advertisement
Back