2024 Marquise Lightfoot 4* DE from Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The Jason Taylor effect
A staff full of guys like Jason Taylor is a pipe dream il never let go of... Ed Reed coaching our secondary would be next on my list of former pro player wants.

Before everyone attacks me. I do not care. I don't think you can reach the heights these guys have and not out coach and out recruit recycled college assistant coaches.

A staff full of guys like Jason Taylor is a pipe dream il never let go of... Ed Reed coaching our secondary would be next on my list of former pro player wants.

Before everyone attacks me. I do not care. I don't think you can reach the heights these guys have and not out coach and out recruit recycled college assistant coaches.
Ehhh it’s not always a good idea and I think Taylor and Reed are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Taylor actually took the coaching part seriously and started from the ground up. He genuinely worked his way up to DL coach. Reed is more in the mold of Deion, although not as fragrant. All time great but never was really interested in the actual fundamentals and ins and outs of coaching. We are very very lucky to have a coach like Jason Taylor

Guys please please please. We appreciate everything being brought to the board but we can’t copy entire or huge chunks verbatim of articles from other websites. It’s a copyright issue that can get us in trouble.

I’m not sure what else to do here because the intentions are excellent but the law is what it is and we’ve asked multiple times to either provide a link or paraphrase other websites’ articles in your own words.

@DMoney @Andrew @IndayArtHauz

Advertisement

I mean Reed got head coaching experience now, let’s do it

Be nice to take a high ranked DL from an area Ohio State usually recruits very well
Actually, and you didn't say this, but no school really dominates Chicago area recruiting. There are a number of suburb schools that turn out talent annually, and that gets pretty well spread around, but nobody has cracked the Chicago public code yet. Juice Williams was supposed to change that, for Illinois, more than a decade ago, but it never happened.

Chicago, like Atlanta, is there for the taking. But nobody took either yet. Michigan is usually a presence in both.

Ehhh it’s not always a good idea and I think Taylor and Reed are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Taylor actually took the coaching part seriously and started from the ground up. He genuinely worked his way up to DL coach. Reed is more in the mold of Deion, although not as fragrant. All time great but never was really interested in the actual fundamentals and ins and outs of coaching. We are very very lucky to have a coach like Jason Taylor
Yeah Reeds problem is he won't accept anything less the a coordinator position. Which is a big ask. But I respect a man who believes in himself and he's earned the ability to wait for an opportunity that he feels meets his worth.

Advertisement
Yeah Reeds problem is he won't accept anything less the a coordinator position. Which is a big ask. But I respect a man who believes in himself and he's earned the ability to wait for an opportunity that he feels meets his worth.
Reed's problem is he's a bridge burner that went out of his way to ruin any opportunity for himself to ever get a real coaching job ever again.

I respect Reed because he is a Cane and an all time great but he in general is asking for things to be handed to him based on qualifications that dont necessarily make him suitable for the job he wants. In the meantime, Jason Taylor is working his way up the ladder organically and in a couple of years may actually be qualified to be a DC.

Most of those guys that reach those heights do it with off the chart athleticism that can't be taught or coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back