Marquette on 3/28 (7:15 on CBS)

Consigliere

All-American
MarQUIEF is 25-8 (14-4) and 8-2 in their last 10. In the tourney they beat Davidson and Butler

#13 RPI
#14 SOS

For they year they average 68.8 PPG (71st) and allow 62.9 PPG (49th). They seem to play a lot of close games (especially in the tourney) and 10 of their 33 games were decided by 5 points or less (see their recent wins). MarQUIEF runs a 3 guard lineup (similar to Illinois) with Blue, Cadougan and Lockett. They are led by Blue and Gardner who combined average 26 PPG. Their two best 3Pt shooters are Wilson (36%) and Lockett 34% and as a team they shoot about 30%.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/team-comparison/MIAMI/MARQET

This is not a team that normally shoots well from the 3 PT line but against Davidson they shot 4-15 (26%) and greatly improved against Butler 5-12 (42%).

IMO, this is another favorable matchup for the canes. Similar to Illinois they run a 3 guard lineup except the guards on Marquette are not as good and don't offer the same 3Pt threat. If we are hitting shots (unlike against Illinois) I expect us to dominate.

Early spread is -5.5 Canes
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college...e-@-miami-florida.cfm/date/03-28-13/time/1915

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTi_sRra928

Advertisement
Like the matchip. The 3 guards will hopefully keep Reggie on the sideline more too. Im torn between being ****ed at him and feel bad for him

**** it I'm gonna be out of the country, where can I watch it, I know there was a website, anyone have the link?

Advertisement
Tough matchup, but I think Indiana got the worse matchup with their zone vs Indiana's shooters. Interesting regional championship...

Advertisement
They're the worst 3 point shooting team in the tourney, right?

They've shot 33% in the post-season, 9 of 27 overall. In the regular season they shot 30.3%.

I didn't check every team, but that 30% is the lowest of everyone I've seen by at least 3%.

Marquette is a lite version of us. The have balance interchangeable parts but not at the level of talent as our team.

Vander Blue is their best player, a SG who is very similar to Durand Scott without Scott's ACC defensive player of the year abilities.
Devin Gardner is their 2nd best player and he is reggie johnson to a T - hopefully reggie plays a big part in this win and gain more confidence.
The have a spread power forward in Jamil Wilson who is not as good as Kenny.
Their pg cannot shoot a lick and will not be able to matchup up with Larkin.
And then they have some interchangeable SG/SF's that are not as good as our's.

They basically play hard and balanced but the sweet sixteen was their peak as far as potential. I look for it to be an entertaining game as their are no real mismatches besides no one matching up with Larkin. However, I see miami leading and winning by a comfortable margin of 9 - 11 points the whole game.

They don't have a great chance unless they hit 8+ 3s. We're shooting it too well from deep for them to keep up. However, they're a grinding squad that never gives up, and if our shooting is off, expect a slugfest.

Advertisement
Marquette is a lite version of us. The have balance interchangeable parts but not at the level of talent as our team.

Vander Blue is their best player, a SG who is very similar to Durand Scott without Scott's ACC defensive player of the year abilities.
Devin Gardner is their 2nd best player and he is reggie johnson to a T - hopefully reggie plays a big part in this win and gain more confidence.
The have a spread power forward in Jamil Wilson who is not as good as Kenny.
Their pg cannot shoot a lick and will not be able to matchup up with Larkin.
And then they have some interchangeable SG/SF's that are not as good as our's.

They basically play hard and balanced but the sweet sixteen was their peak as far as potential. I look for it to be an entertaining game as their are no real mismatches besides no one matching up with Larkin. However, I see miami leading and winning by a comfortable margin of 9 - 11 points the whole game.

Davante Gardner and he is way more active then Reggie. Easily a better player right now

Advertisement
Any word on Gamble's ankle, he sat out most of the second half with the injury, although he did come back for a minute here and there.

Any word on Gamble's ankle, he sat out most of the second half with the injury, although he did come back for a minute here and there.

No news is good news IMO. Might not have been that serious plus he was able to do a photobomb after the game.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-marquette-over-miami-20130325,0,185531.story

50.jpg

ESPN Stats and Info
3 of the past 10 national champions (2011 Connecticut, 2006 Florida, 2003 Syracuse) were not ranked in the preseason AP Poll

Advertisement
Back