Marques Gayot 50/50

Read about a month ago that he was looking to visit because everyone is pushing him to Miami but he really wants to live in Kentucky

This cannot real. Nobody really wants to live in Kentucky, do they? Is he into thoroughbred racing?

No it's true. My buddy is an assistant at Park Vista. I asked him about Gayot and that's exactly what he said. Everyone is pushing him to Miami but the kid loves the state of Kentucky.

Advertisement
I fully expect to get hated on for this but here it goes: there are like six 4 and 5 star safeties in south Florida next year who realistically will jump a guy like gayot on the depth chart, well that is if we land them obviously. Add to that, we're in the thick if it with kiy Hester and that kid who is the number one athlete in the state of Pennsylvania and all of the sudden you wonder where and when gayot would get on the field

And that's not a knock on gayot at all because he is a very good athlete

Of course on the other hand, we could miss out on everyone and be left with our ****s in the wind too, so there's always that

With our numbers at safety we can't wait for 2015 kids honestly. That is Coker/Shannon recruiting 101. I dint care who out of the guys we identify, just make sure you bring some talented kids in. I will say his film reminds me the tally kid I think, cj Holton. Bigger body kid who is more in the box safety, hopefully his college career is different

Agree

But we don't need to take three safeties either. We have guys like burns and Gunter and even mr utility himself, dallas Crawford, who can make the switch and step in in a pinch.

Also trying to look at it from the kids point if view. He might have an easier time locking down a job at Louisville. I doubt he just fell in live with Kentucky, if you know what I mean.

I fully expect to get hated on for this but here it goes: there are like six 4 and 5 star safeties in south Florida next year who realistically will jump a guy like gayot on the depth chart, well that is if we land them obviously. Add to that, we're in the thick if it with kiy Hester and that kid who is the number one athlete in the state of Pennsylvania and all of the sudden you wonder where and when gayot would get on the field

Of course on the other hand, we could miss out on everyone and be left with our ****s in the wind too, so there's always that

The #1 rule in recruiting the state of Miami is if you have local kid you have seen vs a recruiting services highlighly ranked kid, you take the local s. Fla kid all day and twice on sunday. You mention the #1 rated athlete in PA Dravon Henry his highlight s are okay but Gayot projects better!

Dravon Henry JR highlights
[video=youtube_share;eODQzF1Gzbk]http://youtu.be/eODQzF1Gzbk[/video]

From CS this am:

"It's 50/50 right now," Gayot said. "I told coach (Paul) Williams that. Miami, it's close to home. I want all my family to attend my games, and I'm also really good friends with some players already there, have that connection - Nate Dortch, Artie Burns and Antonio Crawford. When I went to UM games they'd tell me `You're missing out, come to the school and you won't regret it.'"

Gayot says he'll visit Louisville officially sometime in January and then will decide which program he'll attend.

"I'm not going to visit Miami officially since I'm always down there anyway - I already told Miami the situation," Gayot said, adding that he'll attend a Miami bowl practice.

i take gayot over non-florida kids. he is like jamal carter, they are killers.

Advertisement
Well if he is officially visiting Louisville and not us then the writing is on the wall. I know people on here will do the "but but but player X was an exception" but 99% of the time if a kid doesn't OV then he isn't coming.

kid was #1 on UM's board in the summer? lol. says who??
please stop w/ your nonsense.

Thank you ! It really is DannyboyCane13. Same **** ....different board. Only a matter of time before you get tired of him here too..

NOBODY >>REPEAT ...NOBODY ...had Gayot # 1 on their board. Not FSU..not UF ...not Miami. Not bashing the young man as he may yet turn out to be a serviceable or quality DB ...but only dumbass DannyboyCane13 would say that Miami had him as #1 on their board in the summer. There are few final spots to be filled and you can risk to bet EVERYBODY OF QUALITY will be evaluated.

I assume that Paranos meant #1 on our Safety board. (I hope. lol.)

Anyway, I cant knock these kids for wanting to go to small college towns where they run the whole campus (which you know those SoFla boys do up there), eat free everywhere they go, get to snag college chicks, and get a full college exp. But these kids have to know that Louisville is going back to the gutter where they belong when TB leaves. I mean is it really that hard to see that?

I dont want to depend on JJohnson, Irvin, and SBB coming to save us next year at S. Too risky. Especially seeing that if we lose one, all the dominoes could fall.

Well if he is officially visiting Louisville and not us then the writing is on the wall. I know people on here will do the "but but but player X was an exception" but 99% of the time if a kid doesn't OV then he isn't coming.

I think it's higher than 99%. I can't recall anyone ever identifying a recruit who committed to a school after declining to take an OV.

Advertisement
People make comments like so and so is "number 1 on UMs board". Lol how the **** do you know? Have you seen where the coaches rank the db prospects they are going after. For all you know the number 1 kid could Have been someone who committed to another school and shut recruiting down. Could be an out of state kid, a Juco kid, or someone rarely mentioned.

The #1 rule in recruiting the state of Miami is if you have local kid you have seen vs a recruiting services highlighly ranked kid, you take the local s. Fla kid all day and twice on sunday. You mention the #1 rated athlete in PA Dravon Henry his highlight s are okay but Gayot projects better!

[video=youtube_share;eODQzF1Gzbk]http://youtu.be/eODQzF1Gzbk[/video]

Thank god you don't evaluate talent at UM for a living! First time I've seen Henry... This kid is a playmaker! We need athletes like him badly in the secondary. Seems very fluid and natural. Gayot has no where near Henry's athleticism. IMO, I'd rank it Henry, Hester, then Gayot.

DBC, Stick to unearthing DTs with no interest.

if there are 4-5 dudes that can jump him on the depth chart (i don’t agree) but following recruiting you know we only land maybe 2 and if they jump him great we have a quality backup for the next 4 years. i do think it’s more gayot or Hester then Hester and gayot

Advertisement
rivals 12/2
- for the first time that the Hurricanes have pulled even with Louisville. He says no other programs are in the picture for him right now.
-says "It's 50/50 right now," "I told coach (Paul) Williams that. Miami, it's close to home. I want all my family to attend my games, and I'm also really good friends with some players already there, have that connection - Nate Dortch, Artie Burns and Antonio Crawford. When I went to UM games they'd tell me `You're missing out, come to the school and you won't regret it."
-he'll visit Louisville officially sometime in January and then will decide which program he'll attend
-"I'm not going to visit Miami officially since I'm always down there anyway - I already told Miami the situation," adding that he'll attend a Miami bowl practice.
-says "It's just a matter of time for me to decide and see how things go,"

Advertisement

LOL

LOL

Yea Paranos is a clown

That is a terrible way to recruit. So in your scenario right there you would take Gayot over Jabrill Peppers? Brandon Powell over Leonard Fournette? Moten over Andrew Brown? That is just a very arrogant attitude to have thinking that all So Fl football players are better than kids from any other state. Now don't get me wrong Gayot, Moten and Powell are very good ball players in their own right, but really would you take them over the guys I listed?

Read about a month ago that he was looking to visit because everyone is pushing him to Miami but he really wants to live in Kentucky

This cannot real. Nobody really wants to live in Kentucky, do they? Is he into thoroughbred racing?

hate to say it but Louisville is actually a pretty cool city to live in... I go up there a lot because my wifes family is from there although there all UK fans, but theres a lot to do there and I can see why recruits go there

Yeah if you You enjoy syphilis

It's curable. However, if I had to choose...I'd take syphilis from a Miami chick over a chick from Kentucky.

I hope Gayot's boys, Crawford and company put in some work on the recruiting piece for us. We need S bad and he looks solid.

Advertisement
Back