Mark Walton

Advertisement
Anyone who can watch that last short TD he had and not be impressed is a sad, sad individual. That was one heck of a tough run to put the game away.

100% agree...but anyone thinking this coaching staph is going to out coach or out scheme anyone moving forward is a sad sad individual. Our great athletes are fugged

I see a patient hard nose tough gritty 190 pound Rb who has no explosion he is very solid but he is not elite, just stop it guys... If I wan to convert a 3rd and 1 okay he's my guy

That's what I see too, and there is nothing wrong with that. He would be an asset to any team as a #2 or #3 option. The problem is that we don't have an elite game breaker to be the #1 guy.

Yearby 150 yards 18 carries 1td and 3 catches 97 yards 1 td? Lol

JY is a baller but my only stink with him is his lack ride out. He also seems to get stronger as game progresses.

I would like to see choc get some short yardage carries. I would also like to see us in I formation more.

Lastly, I would like to see AG go missing and never return

Given our problems last year in short yardage, 3rd down, and red zone, I have no problem with a tough back who gets the frigging ball over the yard line that counts. Keep in mind that Yearby is the elite back who is supposed to carry the load in place of Duke. If Walton does nothing but punch the ball over the goal line whenever we get inside the five, I am fine with it. I suspect he will prove to be much more. A type of back who gets better late in the game with a lot of carries.

I guess some people aren't seeing the same player I am. I'm seeing great balance, power, and a deceptively good burst. He finishes runs strong, has good patience, and plays extremely controlled for a true freshman. He's also shown the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and has looked very competent as a blocker. I know it's only been two games but it's obvious to me that he's a complete back. He may not be the physical specimen of a guy like Gray, but he's a natural football player.

Advertisement
I see a patient hard nose tough gritty 190 pound Rb who has no explosion he is very solid but he is not elite, just stop it guys... If I wan to convert a 3rd and 1 okay he's my guy

That's what I see too, and there is nothing wrong with that. He would be an asset to any team as a #2 or #3 option. The problem is that we don't have an elite game breaker to be the #1 guy.

Yearby 150 yards 18 carries 1td and 3 catches 97 yards 1 td? Lol

I spent the whole offseason arguing with people trying to tell me that these were not good stats when Duke did it against power 5 teams.....

Advertisement
Back