Mark Walton

Forgot how good kaaya looked at times

People dont realize how good a coach coach richt was, was he perfect, of course not, but he was a championship caliber headcoach, cause just think, had kaaya made the smart decision and stayed, and let's say for some odd reason njoku came back, that team is making the college football playoffs, that would've also given perry a better situation to learn from, kaaya's decision was big, cause had he stayed, the passing game would've looked way more prolific and attracted different receivers close to Ahmons level. Imagine the freshman year jeff thomas would've had under brad. But anyway, things happen, we are where we at now, still in a strong position, but this next stretch of games coach diaz needs to bring it and up his own stock!

Advertisement
People dont realize how good a coach coach richt was, was he perfect, of course not, but he was a championship caliber headcoach, cause just think, had kaaya made the smart decision and stayed, and let's say for some odd reason njoku came back, that team is making the college football playoffs, that would've also given perry a better situation to learn from, kaaya's decision was big, cause had he stayed, the passing game would've looked way more prolific and attracted different receivers close to Ahmons level. Imagine the freshman year jeff thomas would've had under brad. But anyway, things happen, we are where we at now, still in a strong position, but this next stretch of games coach diaz needs to bring it and up his own stock!
I agree..if kaaya stays we make the playoffs in 17..no doubt..idk if mark builds and recruits annual championship level to call him a championship caliber coach. But every now in then he could build

I agree..if kaaya stays we make the playoffs in 17..no doubt..idk if mark builds and recruits annual championship level to call him a championship caliber coach. But every now in then he could build

Coach richt at UM would've been in the national championship game several times over had he come here 7 years ago for sure, and had he stayed here, he would've built this team into a national powerhouse, kirby smart is not on coach richt's level, he walked into a well managed program, stocked with talent, coach richt knows talent for sure. What coach richt did at UGA, a college who's claim to fame is still with the herschel walker days, they're not use to winning championships, so coach richt had to try and raise them, whereas here, we Born & Bred that way, it was only a matter of time. The queston now becomes does coach diaz have an elite eye for talent for the overall roster, if he does, than this team will continue to be on its way up. With coach diaz, he's a smart guy, and doesnt seem to be afraid to make the tough decisions, those are good signs, but of course the jury is still out on him.

Took my kids to Canesfest a few years ago. We went up to Mark and he was surrounded by a group of people. My 12 year old asked for a picture and he was acting like "of course" but he sort of got pulled away by the group. He looked at me and without using his mouth he said "sorry, but I'm not leaving, just give me a minute". We waited and sure enough, he turned back to my son and jumped in the pic and smiled big.

Very solid, mature move by a 19-20 year old kid. I was impressed by him.
Very cool move.

Advertisement
The Dolphins have been the definition of mediocrity for the last ~15 years, constantly finishing around 8-8. Tanking is definitely the right move for them. Sell everyone who has some value, stockpile as many draft picks as you can over the next 2-3 years and see if you can hit something big.

Yeah, but true to form, they’re doing it a year too early and will probably end up with the wrong QB again instead of Trevor Lawrence. Remember, this is the franchise that passed up Drew Brees in his prime TWICE.

Has looked good since the preseason. Got the start last week and looked better...ran harder than Drake. He is stilla threat in the pasisng game and genuinely was trying harder.

Guys like Drake from Bama are front runner types....this sh*t is tanking and he seems to not be in to it like he should. Ballage is a bum...If Mark can stay healthy and finish the year good he is setting himself for a little stay here in Miami

Advertisement
fins are doing something right for the first time in a decade plus. tanking is what they shouldve done years ago.

The concern is what they will do with all the benefits of tanking. Having a **** ton of 1st round draft picks that you miss on wouldn't be all that different.

The concern is what they will do with all the benefits of tanking. Having a **** ton of 1st round draft picks that you miss on wouldn't be all that different.

so far, this regime knows how to make trades given the haul for tunsil. obviously, a concern is how they do on the other 11 picks or so they have (not counting the potential first overall bc we know thats tua). if they can get the QB right though, that solves a ton of issues esp in the NFL

I’m always against it. I think you always try to win. Purposely tanking can put you at the bottom of the NFL for 10 years. Too much needs to go right to turn it around. You gotta hit on a very high percentage of your picks and then bring in young free agents that will be very expensive.
I know it's a different sport but the Toronto Maple Leafs showed a blueprint for this.
When you make the decision that you are trash you trade all assets worth anything for picks & prospects. You sign as many Vetrans to 1 year deals that can bring value at the trade deadline for more picks & take bad contacts off teams with less than 3 yrs in exchange for MORE picks. Do this for 2 years & evaluate talent, drafting the right guys & you have something to work with in a total of 3 to 5 years. After year 3 you will be able to attract veteran free agents to put your team over the top as you will be able to afford them with the core of your team all still on rookie deals.

Also it seems that a lot of teams are jumping ship on this draft and trading away first and second round picks for proven players at a higher rate then I can ever remember. That leads me to believe that this must be a weak draft overall.

Advertisement
I’m always against it. I think you always try to win. Purposely tanking can put you at the bottom of the NFL for 10 years. Too much needs to go right to turn it around. You gotta hit on a very high percentage of your picks and then bring in young free agents that will be very expensive.

dude they’ve been doing the same thing since Marino left and look at the awful QB’s we’ve had. We finally can put real talent on the field and your against it. I bet your one of the Rosen backers who’s just another mediocre QB the dolphins usually try to win with. In the next few years the Dolphins will be loaded. They also have the most money to spend in Free Agency.

Advertisement
I've been critical of Walton - but you gotta be happy for the guy. He's getting his chance.

14 rushes 66 yards vs the bills who has an elite defense. Had a 15 yard run called back too. He’s making his mark in the league and is about to push Kenyan drake a talented back in his own right out of Miami.

Last edited:

14 rushes 66 yards vs the bills who has an elite defense. Had a 15 yard run called back too. He’s making his mark in the league and is about to push Kenyan drake a talented back in his own right out of Miami.

Walton's played really well the last 2 weeks. He's getting his chance and definitely making the most of it.

But Drake and the Dolphins have been done with each other for a while. That has nothing to do with Walton. Dolphins have been shopping Drake in trade talks since before the season.

Advertisement
Back