Mark Walton

MetiSkeemz

Junior
Has anyone here realized that this dude racked up 1K this year behind that atrocity of a line? I don't know who TF the QB will be but if this line turns a corner just SLIGHTLY this dude can be in the heisman convo. Just need a QB.

Advertisement
Will be the best RB in the ACC next year. He could literally carry us to the ACCCG alone if we can make a jump up front.

Imagine what he could have done if he had some semblance of vision. We got ourselves a good one with Walton. Good runner and super versatile, complete back.

Advertisement
Well **** that could be a double edge sward considering how the staff used the last RB that eclipsed a 1K season. Good job Walton!!!

Before i trigger some of you, here's my take on Walton.. Again, this is just my opinion..

He is a tough, hard nose son of a b*tch that has some straight line wheels. The kid loves the contact aspect of football and acts like a great leader on the field. He was our best RB on the roster this year by a small margin (Homer had the most upside this year) and he capitalized on some big runs vs inferior opponents. However, His abysmal YPC vs Superior teams is very alarming. Yall tend to forget he averaged 3.9 YPC (something like that) last year as a back up to Yearby..

With that said, i don't comprehend how some of yall are fully/semi satisfied with his performance this year. He has below average vision and cutting abilities (a quicker faster Javarris James when he cuts imo).. Its mind boggling how many times he missed the right gap or simply ran into his own blockers. I am not hating on him , i am really Not,, I was a huge fan of Walton when he was coming out of HS.. but i honestly feel hes an average back at best and some of yall worship him like hes truly a "complete back" ..
Granted, we had a ****** OL and Kaaya didnt help him out with his inability to successfully run the RPO Bullcrap , but again, hes average fellas.

Is he going to be drafted?? Probably, solely on the simple fact that hes a darn good football player and has balls of steels while playing in special teams.

With that said, I really hope Robert Burns shuts everyone up (including myself) by staying healthy and i really wish we land the slippery - McFarland.
Homer says hi again..

Its time to make MIAMI great again with the "skills" position. No Beef intended OP!!

Has anyone here realized that this dude racked up 1K this year behind that atrocity of a line? I don't know who TF the QB will be but if this line turns a corner just SLIGHTLY this dude can be in the heisman convo. Just need a QB.

He's a real good back thank god right couldn't get him to uga.....he wanted him there

Advertisement
Before i trigger some of you, here's my take on Walton.. Again, this is just my opinion..

He is a tough, hard nose son of a b*tch that has some straight line wheels. The kid loves the contact aspect of football and acts like a great leader on the field. He was our best RB on the roster this year by a small margin (Homer had the most upside this year) and he capitalized on some big runs vs inferior opponents. However, His abysmal YPC vs Superior teams is very alarming. Yall tend to forget he averaged 3.9 YPC (something like that) last year as a back up to Yearby..

With that said, i don't comprehend how some of yall are fully/semi satisfied with his performance this year. He has below average vision and cutting abilities (a quicker faster Javarris James when he cuts imo).. Its mind boggling how many times he missed the right gap or simply ran into his own blockers. I am not hating on him , i am really Not,, I was a huge fan of Walton when he was coming out of HS.. but i honestly feel hes an average back at best and some of yall worship him like hes truly a "complete back" ..
Granted, we had a ****ty OL and Kaaya didnt help him out with his inability to successfully run the RPO Bullcrap , but again, hes average fellas.

Is he going to be drafted?? Probably, solely on the simple fact that hes a darn good football player and has balls of steels while playing in special teams.

With that said, I really hope Robert Burns shuts everyone up (including myself) by staying healthy and i really wish we land the slippery - McFarland.
Homer says hi again..

Its time to make MIAMI great again with the "skills" position. No Beef intended OP!!

Agree on Walton. Good, solid back with limitations. I looked at a little bit of McFarland and Burns highlights and I thought Burns might actually be more talented, believe it or not. This was based on very little watching of both--msybe 5 minutes each. Still want both very badly.

I upvoted your post because I feel like Walton is under-appreciated (I am guilty of it too)....however, I want to be sure to qualify that upvote, because you need to slow up on the Heisman talk...he's not at that level. I feel like he is a great football player (evidenced by his effort in blocking, st's, etc etc) but as a running back I would put him in the above-average category.

Heisman candidate? I don't know about all that but he's proven he's a very good football player. Should continue to see him develop his talent

Advertisement
All those carries that result in negative yards or two yard gains have a crippling effect. Nice player though.

I upvoted your post because I feel like Walton is under-appreciated (I am guilty of it too)....however, I want to be sure to qualify that upvote, because you need to slow up on the Heisman talk...he's not at that level. I feel like he is a great football player (evidenced by his effort in blocking, st's, etc etc) but as a running back I would put him in the above-average category.

Apparently the part where I said the line need to turn the corner was ignored. The possible run of the year and the run that would've beat FSU was negated by the line. He could've possibly ran for 12-1300 if they got their **** together

Will be the best rb in the ACC top 3 in the country next year... I believe our oline will improve and Walton is going to carry the offense to an ACC title

Advertisement
I actually think our O-line will be much improved next year. There's gonna be some nice competition in camp with Brown being eligible, Donaldson coming in, & the guys we have returning. Plus they will get another off-season with a real S&C staff & another year off going up against our monster front 7 which can only make them better.

Granted, we had a ****ty OL and Kaaya didnt help him out with his inability to successfully run the RPO Bullcrap , but again, hes average fellas.

Homer says hi again..

ok that's fair.

Advertisement
Back