Mark Walton rivals update

A 2016 recruit, he's working to reclassify for the class of 2015.

-"I'm trying to do that and I'll know toward the beginning of next year," "If I can take summer school I'm pretty sure I can do it, and that's what I plan to do.

-"It's a lot of work, but I just want to try to leave earlier."

-3 defiant offers Miami, Florida State and West Virginia.

-"And I think Tennessee is offering also,"

-Being recruited by coaches Barrow and Brown.

-"We talk and they just tell me how they can use me in their offense, that they want me to come by for practices,"

-Says he's keeping things open

-On canes "That it's the home town. I grew up a Miami fan. I like the way they use their backs. They use them receiver-wise and running back-wise. "They did a great job from last year and are moving in a great direction."

-On program he will choose "about where I can fit in, about the offense and how they use the running backs."

Walton finished this season with 85 carries for 743 yards with 14 touchdowns (he added a pair of receiving scores as well).

Advertisement
A 2016 recruit, he's working to reclassify for the class of 2015.

-"I'm trying to do that and I'll know toward the beginning of next year," "If I can take summer school I'm pretty sure I can do it, and that's what I plan to do.

-"It's a lot of work, but I just want to try to leave earlier."

-3 defiant offers Miami, Florida State and West Virginia.

-"And I think Tennessee is offering also,"

-Being recruited by coaches Barrow and Brown.

-"We talk and they just tell me how they can use me in their offense, that they want me to come by for practices,"

-Says he's keeping things open

-On canes "That it's the home town. I grew up a Miami fan. I like the way they use their backs. They use them receiver-wise and running back-wise. "They did a great job from last year and are moving in a great direction."

-On program he will choose "about where I can fit in, about the offense and how they use the running backs."

Walton finished this season with 85 carries for 743 yards with 14 touchdowns (he added a pair of receiving scores as well).

Not that Im surprised by comments like these anymore, but he is supposed to already be committed...

Hope this kid sticks with his word. It looks like this will be a battle for his signature.

thought he chose us already. hmm.

Advertisement

Th article is saying he is trying to stay open so he is a soft commit

Apparently but that wasn't the sense I got a few months ago when he committed on his birthday. Oh well it's not going to be easy but we will probably land him.

Last edited:

Th article is saying he is trying to stay open so he is a soft commit

In my view soft commitment is a contradiction in terms, thus maybe the term lean is a better choice, not specifically about Walton but, in general.

Recruiting has changed dramatically over the years, and to some degree decisions, definitions and process are in the hands of 17-18 year old "stars"[/I] who are being drawn by many factors and factions, and in many instances they are being sold, lied to and whatever other benefits might ber offered.

The use of social media, attention and gaining notoriety seems to be the driving force for kids to be put into situations of making life changing decisions which are not always handled well by kids. Recruiting, has become a dirty business as has been discussed at length on the board and appears to be getting worse instead of better.

The word commitment in the business world is the antithesis to the word commitment in the recruiting world.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I read this article at about 3 AM this morning and Canesport definitely changed it a little bit. The headline was "Canes to make top 5 for RB". It also stated in the article that everybody was and there were no early leaders.

Hilarious.

Offer the kid when he's a sophomore and he "commits," but is still "open."
Offer the kid when he's a senior and he'll end up at elsewhere because, "UM didn't show me enough love. FSU was recruiting me when I was a sophomore."

Golden is eventually going to just throw his hands up and start stuffing written offers up pregnant chicks snatches.

Advertisement
oh lord...its all good....no more NCAA cloud....finish this class Top 5 and double digit wins next season and we good on future recruiting

Advertisement
Not worried about Walton, he's a Cane.

Probably hasn't been out of SFla much and wants to take some visits

Advertisement
Back