Mark Walton reclassified.

Peter Ariz @PeterAriz · 42s
I'm told that Mark Walton has not reclassified to 2015. A lot of work still needs to be done for that to happen. #Canes

Peter: "
90.gif
"

LOL.... epic.

Advertisement
Brian Stumpf @Stumpf_Brian
Congrats to Mark Walton (@F5_DEUCE) on his invite to @TheOpening2014. And for those who didn’t know, he’s also reclassified to Class of ‘15

Guy is now saying that Walton and the Booker T Washington coaches are the one who told him that he reclassified....

Advertisement
Hope he stays but this might run him off

Why would he leave now. Duke is NFL next year. That leaves Joe and whoever else sticks this year. We are not deep at RB at all. This kid sees the field as freshman easy. 2015 class just got huge boost.

Why would he leave now. Duke is NFL next year. That leaves Joe and whoever else sticks this year. We are not deep at RB at all. This kid sees the field as freshman easy. 2015 class just got huge boost.

How did the 2015 class just get a huge boost? Walton hasn't reclassified yet. I doubt he will and Pete is saying he's got a long way to go.

I really hope Williams sticks, but he's going to be tough to keep a hold of. IMO

Advertisement
RB Walton Reclassifies, Gets Opening Invite
Nate Adelson

The biggest storyline over the past few months with Booker T. Washington running back Mark Walton was his attempt to reclassify.

Walton, a Miami commitment since September, had been trying to move forward from the 2016 recruiting class to 2015. His efforts finally paid off and he got his wish.
“I kind of knew for awhile, Coach Tim (Harris) told me and we went from there,” Walton said. “I had been taking my eleventh grade classes and going to night school. This was important to me because it’s actually my correct class. I got held back in my elementary days and now I’m with the same people again.”
As a 2016 prospect, Walton carried a grade of 94 from 247Sports, ranking him 4th in the nation at his position and 9th overall in the state of Florida. He talked about the football benefits he sees coming from his choice.
“I think it will be great for me to get in college one year earlier than I was supposed to,” Walton said. “I’ll get used to the offense, play well, and have extra time to figure it out. I should be up to speed for the 2016 season, ready to go, when I would’ve been just getting there.”
Walton (5-10, 179) helped the Tornadoes win back to back class 4A state titles with a total of 151 carries for 1299 yards and 23 touchdowns.
As if Walton wasn’t already excited enough, last night took things to another level. He was awarded with one of the last few invitations to The Opening in July.
“That was such a blessing, more like a dream come true,” Walton said. “They said they had been watching me and they heard I had reclassified. Actually that was one of my big goals as a player. If I didn’t get it this year, I was going to come back next year and make it happen then. I can’t wait to be in Oregon, do what I do best, and show my talents against the best players in the nation. The competition level out there will be great.”
Challengers to Miami are mounting for Walton’s services. He has offers from Auburn, Cincinnati, Florida State, Georgia, South Florida, and West Virginia, but his eyes seem pretty fixed on Coral Gables.
“I stand very solid with my commitment,” Walton said. “Schools are coming at me very hard but I’m still with Miami. I stay open to other schools because nothing is final but that’s my spot. One thing I respect about Coach Al (Golden) is he said I should take my official visits. He wants me to see other campuses and I like how he didn’t pressure me. As a recruit that’s committed, I’m sticking with them because I want to play for someone like that.”
Walton now links up with a growing Miami recruiting class. He isn’t familiar with his future teammates but he hopes his current teammates will change that.
“I don’t know any of the other commitments but I’m excited about teaming up with them,” Walton said. “Hopefully I can meet some of them and we can get this thing rolling. I’m going to keep talking to my teammates and telling them they should come with me. I can’t say I’ll convince them but they’re going to know how I feel.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/RB-Mark-Walton-Reclassifies-Gets-Opening-Invite-29102778

How did the 2015 class just get a huge boost? Walton hasn't reclassified yet. I doubt he will and Pete is saying he's got a long way to go.

I really hope Williams sticks, but he's going to be tough to keep a hold of. IMO

Supposedly he needed to take & pass 2 classes over the summer to reclassify. That is not a terribly difficult task but as Hall said there's no way he would've already had notification of those 2 classes unless he was given the course work ahead of time & already had it finished & now graded. Lots of speculation

Advertisement
Duke Yearby Gus Williams Cronkrite Walton!! It's been a long time since we stacked talent anywhere near this level! Sick with it!!!

I retract my statement.

I wonder how this is going to affect Williams now.

Gonna be tough to convince Williams, Cronk, and Walton to stay committed to us. Would be a **** of a haul if the big 3 stay together though. Go canes!

Advertisement

I retract my statement.

I wonder how this is going to affect Williams now.

Cronk and Walton are not going anywhere IMO. Williams on the other hand can either be a man and welcome the competition or de-commit and go somewhere he feels he can easily win. its up to him. i really want Williams to stay because he is special just like the other 2. if we can get all 3 oh my, watch out.

With the news of Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington running back Mark Walton reclassifying to the 2015 class rather than the 2016 class, his rating as a four-star with a 94 grade remains the same but he has been slotted into the Top247 for the class of 2015 and is now the No. 149 ranked player overall in the country.

He is currently slotted as the No. 15 running back in the country for the class of 2015. Walton will be able to prove himself further in July when he competes at The Opening in Oregon with the nation's top rising seniors.

via 247

Gonna be tough to convince Williams, Cronk, and Walton to stay committed to us. Would be a **** of a haul if the big 3 stay together though. Go canes!

Players that don't want to compete with elite backs at major programs can always find a spot at FAU. I want guys like Clinton Portis, guys that would tell a guy like McGahee "I'm better than you" and then work to prove it.

Advertisement
Back