Mark Walton has questionable vision

Advertisement
Here's the play...

wow, that play was blocked well. No reason to miss that

Jseus wept.

Where is [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] ?

Walton is on a DIVE that play...how the fvck is he supposed to wrap that outside?

For my $$ that was an outstanding run.

pulling guard on a dive play? You need Lucane for this? come on. this is a bad play by Walton, he predetermined where he was going to run. Walton is always in a hurry.

Here's another missed run by Walton. FSU basically has 10 men on the field (11th running on) and he runs right into the teeth of the d-line. He had an opportunity to bounce it outside as the d-line collapsed the middle and go one-on-one on Ermon Lane for a big gain.

Actually this appears to be the same exact play as above. Perhaps his running path is by design, so is this a scheme issue or Mark Walton issue??

I'm not defending Mark Walton, but I have to think that its a play design issue, and that the coaches told him that they want him running to that gap.

I agree. On the video, from this angle, it looks like an easy bounce to the outside nets a long run. Also, that gap inside would have been a nice running lane if the RT blocks out the DE. He seems like he's pass blocking, and the DE simply cuts inside to help close the hole. Perhaps a flaw in the RPO, when the OL isn't sure they are pass blocking or run blocking.

At least on this one you had Lane coming up and filling the alley. What's really disturbing about this play was Nnadi was running on the field. FSU only had 3 down linemen set and the play still got blown up. Aime got doubled and McDermott and Darling couldn't move him. Sonny got beaten. Nnadi and Aime ate us alive most of the evening. Only kid on the line play at a high and consistent level is Isidora. Danny is a really good player.

Last edited:
Well I doubt someone told him to NOT to follow his guard and dive into the gap that he just vacated. Somebody is on the wrong page here.

Walton seems to be predetermining his moves. He's "setting up" some of his moves. Anyway, seems like he f'd this one up. Not sure why this is an enormous deal. I think the bigger deal is that this should have been play 1 of 2. We were 3rd and 6 in "no man's land." When we ran, I excitedly thought we had called 2 no huddle plays.

We settled for a 51 yard FG (that we actually hit).

Here's the play...

wow, that play was blocked well. No reason to miss that

Jseus wept.

Where is @LuCane ?

Walton is on a DIVE that play...how the fvck is he supposed to wrap that outside?

For my $$ that was an outstanding run.

pulling guard on a dive play? You need Lucane for this? come on. this is a bad play by Walton, he predetermined where he was going to run. Walton is always in a hurry.

Said above that Walton seems to be predetermining his runs. This looks like he f'd it up. Power needs patience.

Advertisement
Well I doubt someone told him to NOT to follow his guard and dive into the gap that he just vacated. Somebody is on the wrong page here.

Walton seems to be predetermining his moves. He's "setting up" some of his moves. Anyway, seems like he f'd this one up. Not sure why this is an enormous deal. I think the bigger deal is that this should have been play 1 of 2. We were 3rd and 6 in "no man's land." When we ran, I excitedly thought we had called 2 no huddle plays.

We settled for a 51 yard FG (that we actually hit).

Thought the same thing at the time.

Gives more credence to the criticisms regarding attacking deep in the passing game.

Gotta take a shot sometimes.

Yearby is better than Walton. Both are just NFL backups for 1-2 years. Gus should be #1 .

If Gus & Yearby don't get a good amount of carries today, it's going to be a problem. UNC run defense has been pretty bad, so whoever is carrying the ball today should do well. If Walton is still getting the majority of the carries today, he'll probably do well enough to justify him continuing to start, which will be a problem.

If the coaches haven't identified that Walton should not be the main RB by this point, then it's going to be an ugly rest of the year.

I saw this during the game. But I was probably more gassed about that unnecessary face-mask by Braxton. Could have set us up for a TD. Plain stupid.

Advertisement
Interesting thread. I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me because of this thread, but there were a couple of instances yesterday that had me recalling this thread. And just to clarify, I'm not trying to take the heat off of Richt.

Advertisement
Back