Mark Walton- ESPN 2015 recruits that overachieved

As I have said before, Walton does not wow anyone with moves or cuts. He just gets yards and finds the end zone. He is fast enough and a very physical runner. He is perfect for Rick's offense. The guy produces that is all that matters. He will have a big jr. year.

Advertisement
Walton was the truth in high school though. A lot of the guys from that special Booker T Washington team just have that winning mentality, but his drive stands out

One who has underachieved

DE Byron Cowart, Auburn, ESPN 300 ranking: 1

Cowart has yet to make his mark at Auburn. In two seasons spanning 23 games at defensive end, the former Under Armour All-America Game MVP has totaled just 12 tackles without a sack. He wasn't able to bring the immediate pass-rush ability and only played sparingly as a freshman. Cowart was then beaten out this season by Marlon Davidson, who made a number of all-SEC freshman and freshman All-American teams.

Fuc the rankings

Advertisement
this board was crying about dexter williams, jordan scarlett and that other bum gator running back cronkite

i remember clear as day. so many that walton was an after thought to these players crazy

Advertisement
To this day I still think Joseph Yearby is better runner and receiver.

Yearby had better vision, but Walton's has improved with reps. Yearby seemed to run better against higher quality opponents because of his vision between the tackles. Walton was far too impatient (hard to blame him when you have speed like that).

Walton has surpassed Yearby now though. He's faster, just as quick, and close to equal vision and strength.

this board was crying about dexter williams, jordan scarlett and that other bum gator running back cronkite

i remember clear as day. so many that walton was an after thought to these players crazy

Did it agin this year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
You add in all the long runs from Walton that were called back for BS holdings and his average goes up. Way up. As do his TDs.

Advertisement

I said at the time I'd trade Walton, Williams & Cronkite for Scarlett. I'd definitely still do that trade. I'm amazed by the Walton hype train.

I said at the time I'd trade Walton, Williams & Cronkite for Scarlett. I'd definitely still do that trade. I'm amazed by the Walton hype train.

MUAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT ?!?!?!!??

MUAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT ?!?!?!!??

Scarlett is pretty obviously the better RB to me. But I'd love to hear why you think Walton is better.

Advertisement
Back