Mark Walton 2015?

Do kids in SoFla actually attend schools? I mean, transferrin' left and right, then they "re-classify"? Htf does one "re-classify"? I mean..... this is awesome news but how does this happen?

Advertisement
Do kids in SoFla actually attend schools? I mean, transferrin' left and right, then they "re-classify"? Htf does one "re-classify"? I mean..... this is awesome news but how does this happen?

You take more classes online or in the summer. You can also test out of a grade or two.

Finish up early. Not really a novel concept.

Happens all the time in basketball

Advertisement
how .... if he does im guessing taking a bunch of online classes ... also i bet this starts a trend with some kids

Dogge Howser ring a bell?

I always wondered whether under the current rules a Lebron-like b ball talent could drop out and get his GED at 16 and then enter the draft a year later.

Karl Towns the Kentucky hoops commit recently did this. He moved up a grade in HS.

Andrew Wiggins, Nerlins Noel, Dakari Johnson (Currently at UK) and Andre Drummond all did it as well.

Good news is that he'll torture us for one year less before he explores his options elsewhere.

Advertisement
All of those basketball guys did it at prep schools I'm pretty sure, not public high schools. Idk how'd you do it in a public school system but in prep you usually go into the school and repeat whatever year you just completed. Then, later in the process, if the recruit is physically/mentally developed enough, they reclassify to graduate earlier

Advertisement
If I where him I would try to "reclassify" by being a Early Enrollee for 2016 class. Basically you help coaches with #s, count towards the 2015 class, and get more time to physically develop.

I don't know about going a entire year or more. You gotta enjoy highschool IMO and lets him get bigger and mature.

When's the last time this happened in football?

In basketball it happens almost every year

Advertisement
Hope he stays in his class 2016 I feel like he'll have more time to develop

Maybe if by some miracle Duke stays for his senior year, they can redshirt Walton and give him a whole year to learn the playbook and come out ready to go the next year. We aren't redshirting enough guys, and it's a great opportunity for them to be on campus and learn the system without burning a year of eligibility.

****, he turned 16 as a freshman? Yea, he needs to reclassify or else he'll be 19 when he graduates HS.

Advertisement
Back