MARK VS AL

Well it was said he missed a few wide open WRs ? If this true it could cost us . I honesty think he needs two years under a good coach to be ready for the NFL . It not a knock on the kid but most qbs need more time to develop . NFL Isn't going some where . He's going to be great NFL qb just needs time

"it was said?" Did you watch the game? If not, shut up.
. Couldn't watch the game I followed on the board . Did he or did he not miss some wide open WRs ?

He was high on a couple early ones -- that is not the same as missing wide open WR. I think they might have even touched them. But then again, I was not looking for something to criticize about the best player at the most important position we have had since Ken. Oline was more concerning than Brad.

Since you couldn't watch, the thee big things from the game were 1) the defensive line played in the other team's backfield with DJ actually having one play of the old "tackle the whole backfield to make sure you have the one with the ball", and 2) we do have a Miami caliber QB 3) We apparently have a ST coach now.

Thanks for the info , wasn't bashing just think he needs this year and next year to get better developed . He could be the number 1 pick if he waited until his senior year . He would a legit shot to win the heisman too . He would have big time numbers his senior year

I can agree with all that. Plus, he is likely to stay -- to win an NC.

Advertisement
knuckle sandwiches are not good for you huh. Elbows karate kicks,head butts need to be added to. lol, right. **** NAH I AIN'T PLAYEN. Like they say in the hood.

Totally objective view here. I'm sure Brad will be the first to tell you he did not play great last night. His 12-18 passing w 4 TDs were not indicative of his actual performance. I'm not saying the numbers weren't great, but his execution was not where it WILL be. Brad is a CFB star and a future NFL QB. He under threw a receiver (David, i think) on a sure fire TD but got karma back when Herndon barely caught and bobbled that TD. He didn't look crisp (understandable for 1st game) but he made some nice throws. Can't wait to see how much Brad improves by week 4 - i think its going to be very noticeable.

Advertisement
Missed an open receiver while rolling out and also Stacy would have had that deep ball if Kaaya led him same with Richards, he under threw both.

Every QB misses receivers. We also know that it's almost a foregone conclusion that when he's forced to move, a completion is unlikely. He's still a work on progress that hopefully progresses. I didn't see the game, but he left me wanting far more to this point, so we'll see what happens.

I'll never understand ****ting on a college athlete. "He missed some passes," is about as spread butt cheeks spray **** as you can get. Of course he has stuff to learn, he's like 20 years old. But he's good af.

Here is What Mark Richt had to say about BK vs FAMU

Here's what Miami coach Mark Richt said after UM's 70-3 victory over FAMU | Eye on the U

“I don’t know. He did miss one on a scramble that he probably could have hit for a touchdown. We threw the deep ball to Ahmmon [Richards], which was a very catchable ball, but he had to slow down just a tad. [Stacy] Coley’s, he probably could have kept him on the run a little better too. I thought he got interfered with. But it’s better to put the ball in play to overthrow it, too. Overall, I thought he managed the game well, I thought he got us in the right running game just about every time he came to the running game with the options that we give him. I thought he did a nice job. I don’t think there’s any balls that could have or should have gotten picked, which is big for me. I thought he did good job.”

Saturday was Mark Richt coming out party. Miami looked like Miami of old. Not to beat a dead horse like Al, But everybody notice the difference. Fast defense, good running game. And we already know brad is the man. Al just opposite. It just feels like were finally headed in the right direction. But it was just Famu there's a lot challenges ahead

There is no MARK VS. AL. That's not a thing. Al isn't qualified to wash CMRs windows at a red light.

Advertisement
As stated, some of his early throws were off, mostly high. From the mental side, I thought he managed the game well.

I love seeing our offense get to the line and running a play as opposed to lining up, backing off to check with the sideline, then run a play with less than 5 seconds on the play clock.

Brad sometimes think too much in trying to pinpoint throws instead of just letting it rip his arm looked better the other day than it did all of last season but still... I always say it but he showed the scope of his arm in impressive fashion during his freshman season. He needs to get back to letting it rip

Missed an open receiver while rolling out and also Stacy would have had that deep ball if Kaaya led him same with Richards, he under threw both.

May have underthrown but you can't tell me that Richards couldn't have caught the ball that hit him in the ribs...even if it was underthrown. There were a few dropped passes which don't help him either. That was one of them. Not saying BK was the **** and completely on top of his game, but you have to call it the way it is...with the blinders off.

Advertisement
Brad Kaaya needs a senior year. Golden's regime held him back. Wouldn't be surprised if a few pro scouts agreed with me.

Yet an overwhelming majority of scouts who have gone on record have stated that Kaaya is a top tier QB RIGHT NOW. He's a guy that would be drafted in the top ten if the draft was held today. I know that it's become a common trope on here to throw shade at Kaaya, because...Well I don't know why, I guess people just want crap to complain about. Brad missed some open receivers last night, so did every other good quarterback, it was week one. I've rarely seen a QB be razor sharp in their first start, especially at the college level, and especially when they are learning a new system with differing reads and ideas. He was efficient, and managed the offense like he was supposed to. I expect him to grow in the system as the season goes on, and those "Mistakes" you point out will be significantly fewer.

May have underthrown but you can't tell me that Richards couldn't have caught the ball that hit him in the ribs...even if it was underthrown. There were a few dropped passes which don't help him either. That was one of them. Not saying BK was the **** and completely on top of his game, but you have to call it the way it is...with the blinders off.

I completely understand, it was on his back hip and he had to slow down. He's a freshman though, Kaaya is a Junior. I know you can't make every throw but he missed the 2 shots he took down field. Overall there were areas we need to see improvement in before ACC play. Liked the effort I saw though. It has been a very long time since we have seen our defense flying to the ball and getting 3-5 hats on the ball

Brad Kaaya needs a senior year. Golden's regime held him back. Wouldn't be surprised if a few pro scouts agreed with me.

Yet an overwhelming majority of scouts who have gone on record have stated that Kaaya is a top tier QB RIGHT NOW. He's a guy that would be drafted in the top ten if the draft was held today. I know that it's become a common trope on here to throw shade at Kaaya, because...Well I don't know why, I guess people just want crap to complain about. Brad missed some open receivers last night, so did every other good quarterback, it was week one. I've rarely seen a QB be razor sharp in their first start, especially at the college level, and especially when they are learning a new system with differing reads and ideas. He was efficient, and managed the offense like he was supposed to. I expect him to grow in the system as the season goes on, and those "Mistakes" you point out will be significantly fewer.

Not seeing the it factor with Brad. He looks as of now like he will be a career backup in the NFL. I will hopefully eat my words by years end.

Advertisement

Not seeing the it factor with Brad. He looks as of now like he will be a career backup in the NFL. I will hopefully eat my words by years end.

fk off

Yea, the guy who is a natural leader, has the ability to make all the throws, and is ahead of the curve in regards to the mental game doesn't have "It". Most of the people on this board can't even quantify what "It" is, so excuse me while I look at his numbers and accomplishments and assume otherwise. Kaaya isn't Andrew Luck or Cam Newton, but he has more than enough talent to be a good NFL player.

Saturday was Mark Richt coming out party. Miami looked like Miami of old. Not to beat a dead horse like Al, But everybody notice the difference. Fast defense, good running game. And we already know brad is the man. Al just opposite. It just feels like were finally headed in the right direction. But it was just Famu there's a lot challenges ahead

Brad doesn't get a free pass he has lot to learn . Makes to many mistakes and it could cost us in big games .

He can be a little nervy at times, but the kid makes adjustments like none other. I think the tempo was a little sloppy at times, at least watching at the stadium. He needs to play with a little more urgency but I suppose for game one it's not bad considering the result. But I want to see him take more command of the tempo and execution. He threw a couple bad balls where guys were open, and he needs to be about a step quicker processing, but I expect he'll improve each game the way has for 2 years. Not to mention the playbook was rather scaled down. Great game to build off and I expect by game 3, 4 & 5 for the team to be tighter.

Advertisement
Back