Coaching Mark Stoops

Advertisement
Stoops would be a significant upgrade. His defenses down here would be very good every year.

Would need the right OC but he is probably the best realistic option I know of unless we go unorthodox.

BTW, he 100% had interest when Richt was leaving. I know this for fact.

Stoops would be a significant upgrade. His defenses down here would be very good every year.

Would need the right OC but he is probably the best realistic option I know of unless we go unorthodox.

Bring him down. Pair him with the right OC and we are instantly the best team in the coastal.

I dont care what he did at UM. he inherited a stack secondary. I do care what he did with FSU defense, thats were he showed he was legit.
Not to mention, he had
Maurice Sikes
Antrell Rolle
James Scott
Markese Fitzgerald...as backups...Stacked isn't the word...

Advertisement
That’s what we’re missing! None of coaches we’ve had since Butch has coached up or developed players.

He was on the ropes at UK near that time. That’s obviously changed, plus his ex is in CO now so he doesn’t need to leave town for that reason.

Advertisement
Dude's just a solid, blue-collar, football coach.

Just went through a divorce, probably come down here hungry for the challenge.
Definitely wouldn't be a bad option.
He’s a mans man great guy. Nothing like bob or mike. Very capable of rebuilding the U quicker with his recruiting ability and connections, he would be a solid hire although not too sure if he was happy to leave Miami.

He would absolutely, zero doubt take the Miami job if we offered. Zero doubt.

How do I know that?

Well for one, his brother won a national championship. No man with an ounce of competitive spirit in him is going to let that sit without doing everything he can to win one himself. If he thinks he can win one here, he’s jumping on the chance.

He has a nice cushy gig in Kentucky and not many things in life are worth giving that up for. But one-upping / living up to your older, more successful brother is for sure one of those things

So you are going to use 2 people out of the thousands of Miami fans as examples? I wasn't a fan of the Richt hire either, but once he was hired, I wasn't calling for him to be fired the second he stepped on campus.
Those are just the ones on this board that came to mind! You honestly think there were no other people in the fanbase unwilling to give him a chance? Whatever.

Watch what happens when you actually LIKE a Miami hire.

Advertisement
He would absolutely, zero doubt take the Miami job if we offered. Zero doubt.

How do I know that?

Well for one, his brother won a national championship. No man with an ounce of competitive spirit in him is going to let that sit without doing everything he can to win one himself. If he thinks he can win one here, he’s jumping on the chance.

He has a nice cushy gig in Kentucky and not many things in life are worth giving that up for. But one-upping / living up to your older, more successful brother is for sure one of those things
He does have 2 NC Rings...one at UM..and one at FSU...not as a HC of course...but still, not too shabby....

He does have 2 NC Rings...one at UM..and one at FSU...not as a HC of course...but still, not too shabby....

True, but he hasn’t won any as THE MAN. His brother has.

Anyone who has a brother knows what I’m talking about…I think that has to irk him a little bit. Give him a path to win one himself and I think he jumps on it…just my opinion

Advertisement
Those are just the ones on this board that came to mind! You honestly think there were no other people in the fanbase unwilling to give him a chance? Whatever.

Watch what happens when you actually LIKE a Miami hire.

No of course I don't think they were the only ones in the world. I am just pointing out they were the minority. The person I originally responded to was saying that no matter what coach we have, when we rebuild, the fans will be tearing him apart. I am saying that is not the case if its an actual coach rebuilding not some corch. Of course you will never have every single fan happy. There are even crazy Bama fans that don't like Saban and every time he loses they start talking about how he is getting old. No fanbase has 100% of their fans on board with the HC.

I’m sitting watching the Dolphins and they are a mirror image of the Canes.

Announcer said here the Dolphins have talent but aren’t utilizing any of there talent.

Then I watched the next series handoff, throw incomplete run 5 yard loss punt.

A mirror image

He's on the list of interview candidates - assuming that contract isn't a poison pill - but he's never really pushed Kentucky on. He's in the SEC, that boosts your recruiting prowess around the country, so don't give me the "he's at Kentucky".
Doesn’t do much for Vanderbilt or a Missouri. Beating Florida though is a pretty good accomplishment.

Advertisement
Back