Coaching Mark Stoops

Advertisement
Experience as a P5 HC
Disciplinarian
Beats more talented teams — UF tonight
Cheap buyout
Would leave his job for UM

Thoughts?
Think we can do better at UM. not that excited about him as a HC. He did a great job though as defensive back coach at UM.

Experience as a P5 HC
Disciplinarian
Cheap buyout

Thoughts?

He told you that he would leave?

But yes, a high floor low ceiling hire that would be good in the long run for us. We would need to have him bring a different OC though lol. Our players would be developed, we would be well coached on defense for sure and tough in the trenches.

Advertisement
Think we can do better at UM. not that excited about him as a HC. He did a great job though as defensive back coach at UM.

I think some of you greatly overestimate UM as a program right now lol. Most fans do it, so I am not knocking/attacking you, but I disagree. Not many top premier coaches are beating our door down to coach here. JMO

I live in Ky and have tracked Stoops since he was at UM. He may pop tonight from cocaine, bourbon, and Chalupas. He’s not a legitimate option and I positively love the guy.

Last edited:
He told you that he would leave?

But yes, a high floor low ceiling hire that would be good in the long run for us. We would need to have him bring a different OC though lol. Our players would be developed, we would be well coached on defense for sure and tough in the trenches.
If I had his number I would call and my guess is he would say yes lol

Advertisement
Mark coached at Miami and FSU. His brother Bob coached at UF. His brother Mike is currently the DC of the Fightin' N'Kosi's as well. So there's def an affinity for Florida in that family. Add to that what he's doing without the talent or resources of UGA or UF (never mind Miami) at a basketball school in a tough conference and it's impressive. I'd have no problem with Mark Stoops as the HC here.

If I had his number I would call and my guess is he would say yes lol

Just messing with you, but definitely hope we reach out. He is at a place with low expectations, and he can coach there for another 20 years if he wants to. He has built something there and may not want to come to this mess honestly. He will never win BIG there, that’s the only thing. There’s a ceiling there and he reached it a couple of years ago.

I think some of you greatly overestimate UM as a program right now lol. Most fans do it, so I am not knocking/attacking you, but I disagree. Not many top premier coaches are beating our door down to coach here. JMO
On the contrary, I think many of you are underestimating it. Fertile recruiting base, improved facilities and a humongous network of support for someone who can correctly navigate it. It's delusional to think a top top guy would take this job but let's not fool ourselves, this is still a top 15 gig when things are clicking on all cylinders

Advertisement
I didn't like him at first, but maybe the fresh gayturds win has me high on him. Kinda cool that he coached the DB's when Ed Reed was here and we won the natty. Kentucky hasn't done too well overall, but they also play in the SEC, and also only recruit in the top 30-40 every year. He has won bowl games the last 3 seasons. He would have access to s fla recruiting and should be able to do more with more. Seems like a moderately realistic hire as well. Idk. Woudln't be upset with it I don't think. At least put him on the list I think.

Advertisement
Just messing with you, but definitely hope we reach out. He is at a place with low expectations, and he can coach there for another 20 years if he wants to. He has built something there and may not want to come to this mess honestly. He will never win BIG there, that’s the only thing. There’s a ceiling there and he reached it a couple of years ago.
Agree with that. Kentucky hasn't won a conference championship in 45 years and aren't getting out of the East anytime soon, despite their best efforts. He's still young enough where he doesn't have it shut things down and be content with a cushy gig if he doesn't want to. But if he wants the lifetime contract that he essentially has a Kentucky then so be it. He can win 7-8 games a year, always be second fiddle to basketball and never feel an ounce of heat

Experience as a P5 HC
Disciplinarian
Cheap buyout

Thoughts?
Cheap buyout??
They upped his buyout when Jimbo bolted FSU. The Noles couldn't afford the buyout, I’m not sure if Miami will.

Advertisement
Back