Mark Stoops wanted Ed Reed to coach with him.

Advertisement
No ****ing idea why he's not coaching here right now

Even with zero coaching experience, Ed is one of very few that I would take here as a position coach without hesitation. Having Mark Stoops, who knows his football IQ first hand offering him a job is only strengthen my belief he is someone you easily take a risk on.

If Ed had any experience in Diaz system and recruiting i'm positive he would have gotten an interview.

But with a system that stresses safeties. it would have been tough to hire Ed over Banda when Banda is already in a groove.

Advertisement
Have a feeling that Rumph may be one and done at this school. Has shown he's not a great recruiter already, and if he coaches like he played with the 'Skins, CMR will not be impressed.

Have a feeling that Rumph may be one and done at this school. Has shown he's not a great recruiter already, and if he coaches like he played with the 'Skins, CMR will not be impressed.

Easy gauge for Rumph this year... he brings in all those American Heritage studs...he stays. He doesn't, he gone

Funny didn't all the fake *** coaches on this site laff at the idea of Ed Reed being a DB coach at UM?? Smh

Advertisement
I'm not one who wants ex-canes to coach here just because they were great players, but Ed Reed to me is an exception. He was the one running the practice in the time that lead to the NC. His knowledge of offensive formations, QB tendencies, etc, is well documented and often praised by NFL coaches who played against him. He was coached by great coaches in both college and the NFL. All coaches start somewhere and I'm glad he got his chance to jump start his coaching career.

Could you imagine Ed Reed walking into a recruit's house and saying, "Yeah man, come to Kentucky!" Then the kid says, "I'm considering Miami..." Eddy Cane wouldn't be able to tell him no. He loves UM too much. He couldn't coach in college anywhere but here.

Could you imagine Ed Reed walking into a recruit's house and saying, "Yeah man, come to Kentucky!" Then the kid says, "I'm considering Miami..." Eddy Cane wouldn't be able to tell him no. He loves UM too much. He couldn't coach in college anywhere but here.

Point well taken. But Miami isn't the only place for kids. And if Kentucky is your employer, you do for them.

We all probably love Miami because of who was there. I grew up a fan because both of my parents grew up in South Florida. Living in Ga where everyone seemed to be a dawg, well I love to rock the boat, so the 80s were all about the U!

PS

Your point is why it hurt so much when Patchan signed with Florida. Don't come to Miami, fine! But signing with our hated rival, well **** you MP!

Advertisement

This is the 3rd or 4th time I seen this reference on this board.
Is it you that keeps pumping out that silly line?
What a player did or didn't do in the NFL has nothing to do with their coaching.
Lots of great coaches who did nothing in the NFL as players.
Just a dumb throwaway line.
Lose it already.

Stoops is about to get fired in the not-too-distant future, as early as maybe 2016 season so, yes, he's
desperate for "big-name", "splashy", hires.
UM is not in this situation.
So not sure what Reed's new job at Buffalo has to do with UM.

thats so stupid. and wrong. he hasn't proven anything yet. recruiting is all about building relationships. rumph coached hs last year. he had 1 month to do what most coaches had multiple years to do with the 16 recruits.

we won't know anything about rumph's recruiting till 17 at earliest. 1 month is to early to judge a guy. coach kool is top dl coach in college can recruit has at missou yet he failed to land any dt's except tyreic martin doesn't make him a bad recruiter.

Advertisement
Based on coaching Rumph has led teams of high school students to championships. Reed while being my favorite Cane of all time, has never coached any athlete. At this point Rumph has at least proven he can coach students. As much as I love Ed Reed, he didn't become Ed Reed in techniques. He became Ed Reed on instincts and that can't be taught so who knows if he will be able to coach.

I hate to see any of the best player leave the state more than I do seeing them at any rival in Florida.

Advertisement
Back