Mark Riddell

You should read up on the security measures ivy league schools have implemented for online classes. They literally have take home drones that can be taken over remotely and flown around the room to make sure the student hasn't altered the live webcam feed, switched out with another student, or hidden cheat sheets around the room.

If boosters are buying houses and dodge chargers they're certainly greasing the pockets of testing admins imo.

Yes, but online classes are way different from kids taking their SAT before they even apply to the Ivy League school. Of course boosters do that. Didn't Cam Newton or someone get busted for faking the SAT?

My point is that IMG most likely has more kids cheating in this scandal for non revenue sports for elite schools than kids cheating to get a high enough score to get into Bama.

Advertisement
Agreed. This scandal is about getting kids into top schools who otherwise would miss the mark.

It's not about getting some dipsh*t who can't read, a good enough SAT score so Alabama can fool the NCAA into thinking the kid can get into college.

Exactly. Thank you.

Good post. Saw this earlier and it's one of the more insane aspects of a crazy story.

Btw, EACH AND EVERY ONE of these kids better be expelled immediately and also prosecuted if they were over 18 and there's papertrail of their involvement. I'm already seeing narratives that some of them didn't know what their parents did.

That's bull**** first of all and secondly we live live in a country that prosecutes minors as adults alllll the time. There should be zero special treatment here.

Was wondering what the legal ramifications were around signing some of the forms they sign for their applications and financial aid deals. I know there has to be some legal wording talking about falsifying the scores and transcripts.

The big question here is how did this Singer dude find out about him and his ability or desire to take the test for other kids.
There has to be more guys like him out there providing this type of service. There has to be some network of dude that do this.
This might turn into a very deep rabbit whole if the penalty is large enough to make this guy start throwing dimes from outside the 3 point line.
It's unclear right now how Mark Riddell met Singer. Riddell has a wife & young child. NCAA is now knocking on IMG's door.

Was wondering what the legal ramifications were around signing some of the forms they sign for their applications and financial aid deals. I know there has to be some legal wording talking about falsifying the scores and transcripts.

Exactly. Was thinking the same thing. Not to mention most kids are absolutely cognizant of what is submitted in relation to their college apps sans maybe the Kardashian wannabes that Aunt Becky's daughters seem to be. They're absolutely not emblematic of these other kids scamming their way into Yale and such.

Advertisement
Riggins has already left IMG and gone back home.

Tip of the iceberg IMO. They're all going to bail sooner and later. Don't want their names associated with the stink to follow.

IMG isn't just a football school. They have tons of very wealthy parents that pay full price for their kids to play tennis and other sports like that in order to get easier entry to the Ivys or other elite schools like Stanford.
IMG is owned by a talent management company. Believe they manage brady, his wife and many more...

You should read up on the security measures ivy league schools have implemented for online classes. They literally have take home drones that can be taken over remotely and flown around the room to make sure the student hasn't altered the live webcam feed, switched out with another student, or hidden cheat sheets around the room.

If boosters are buying houses and dodge chargers they're certainly greasing the pockets of testing admins imo.
You are correct, bc MONEY TALKS, BULLSHYT WALKS. Every time.

Advertisement
Of course they do, but nowhere near as high as a tennis guy trying to make it to a top school would need.

Plus they have a fallback of going to JUCO or a school like Marshall if they really fvck up on the SAT.

The tennis guy whose parents paid out of pocket 70k a year for 4 years. If he ends up not getting into an elite school. He just wasted 280k. I am not saying football players DIDN'T cheat on the SAT. I am just saying that just because some SAT scores were falsified it wans't necessarily a football player.
The key word here is ELITE, these mfer’s believe they have to be elite, they’re entitled to it. Their money demands it. Hey, shythead if y’all spent 280k And yalls kid isn’t good enough? Y’all got ***ked. Demand a refund. My kid was D1 at a great state school, elite ? *** no. But a good education and 4 great yrs. of watching my kid play. Christ, if I spent 280k she would be the first female to play MLB, these people are selfish entitled ********, *** them. Y’all get what y’all got, not a ***king thing.🤣

Riggins has already left IMG and gone back home.

Tip of the iceberg IMO. They're all going to bail sooner and later. Don't want their names associated with the stink to follow.

Dont think it's related. It's common for a kid to go to IMG and spend a year or 2 there, then go back to their home school. Some guys even go to IMG for a semester and then leave.

It now appears that IMG's Mark Riddell has become a cooperating witness in the case in hopes of receiving a light sentence or being granted immunity.

Advertisement
Paying Doogie Howser a rack for a 1500+ on an SAT when all you need is ~900 makes little sense. It's like entering a soap box derby with a Porsche 911.

And when the kid who took online classes to get his GPA up to a 2.0 turns in a 1570, that might raise a red flag or two.

I'm not saying CFB players don't cheat on the SAT, but when they do it's usually a friend, relative, or hook up. Not this guy.

Advertisement
Good post. Saw this earlier and it's one of the more insane aspects of a crazy story.

Btw, EACH AND EVERY ONE of these kids better be expelled immediately and also prosecuted if they were over 18 and there's a paper trail of their involvement. I'm already seeing narratives that some of them didn't know what their parents did.

That's bull**** first of all and secondly we live in a country that prosecutes minors as adults alllll the time. There should be zero special treatment here.

There's one girl who was in on it, seems like the other parents tried to shield their kids. Since they aren't being prosecuted, I doubt there's much proof they knew.

My take is that they probably thought their parents pulled strings and paid consultants which is all pretty standard for people with that much money, but didn't realize everything that went down. That said, if you are an average tennis player, you get a D1 tennis scholarship, and you never play on the team...hard to stay ignorant at that point. While we're at it, maybe they should have thought it was weird that their "proctor" was giving them answers on the SAT.

Know what? Burn the little shts down. Fck their cheating asses.

Of course they do, but nowhere near as high as a tennis guy trying to make it to a top school would need.

Plus they have a fallback of going to JUCO or a school like Marshall if they really fvck up on the SAT.

The tennis guy whose parents paid out of pocket 70k a year for 4 years. If he ends up not getting into an elite school. He just wasted 280k. I am not saying football players DIDN'T cheat on the SAT. I am just saying that just because some SAT scores were falsified it wans't necessarily a football player.

For reference, the one kid who was in on it sat with a "proctor" that helped her change wrong answers. She got a 1900, which wouldn't have gotten her into Georgetown which is why she had to play the tennis agle. Being a tennis recruit, admissions was willing to overlook her 1900. A quick look has me thinking 1900 is about 90th percentile.

Basically, every school has different standards for athletes. All athletes. Miami may require better scores for tennis players than fsu, but they still let kids slide in who they wouldn't normally take. Case in point: my friend from HS went to a service academy, and I promise he didn't have nearly the grades for that. What he did have was the ability to run faster than almost anyone around. Coach wanted him and his grades weren't bad so he got in.

Any one who knows anything about IMG is NOT surprised. This is a school known for cheating. Even the online schools in Florida now require IMG students to take proctored tests and not proctored by IMG staff.

Some of these tennis, golf, and baseball kids are at IMG for middle through high school. Not like football players. Remember it started as the place to get your future tennis and golf stars a leg up on going pro. Football only came into play recently. They want to sign professional athletes, not just send kids to play in college. Always about money!!!!!!

Heard they were pulling football "scholarships" to cut back... that may be the reason why some are leaving the program on the football side. Just a guess though.

Advertisement
Back