Mark Riddell

Hegemon

Junior
Premium

"The Palmetto, Fla., resident was director of college entrance exam prep at IMG Academy and graduated from Harvard in 2004. He played tennis for the Division I ivy."

There is no doubt the FBI uncovered CFB shananigans taking place......someone prove me wrong......

Advertisement
More likely the FBI has developed an understanding of CFB recruiting through the basketball investigation.

FBI/DOJ probably has been at least wondering if there's so much cheating in basketball, how bad must football be since there's a **** of a lot more money involved with the latter.

IMG isn't just a football school. They have tons of very wealthy parents that pay full price for their kids to play tennis and other sports like that in order to get easier entry to the Ivys or other elite schools like Stanford.

Not the point of the thread at all nor was there any inference it was not doing those things.

Stay focused.

Advertisement
Good post. Saw this earlier and it's one of the more insane aspects of a crazy story.

Btw, EACH AND EVERY ONE of these kids better be expelled immediately and also prosecuted if they were over 18 and there's a paper trail of their involvement. I'm already seeing narratives that some of them didn't know what their parents did.

That's bull**** first of all and secondly we live in a country that prosecutes minors as adults alllll the time. There should be zero special treatment here.

Last edited:
IMO,This college money scandal just maybe the open window to all is the cheating and money laundering that has infected college athletics. Could be what the Feds need to take a deeper dive and expand the investigation. Or not. The colleges and ncaa, corporations that push their brands and all the bottom feeders that do the dirty work always seem to Teflon away from investigators and real consequences. Money always seems to smooth **** out and grease the way and a lot of palms. Just sayin’

Not the point of the thread at all nor was there any inference it was not doing those things.

Stay focused.

I am explaining to you that just because they went after the SAT guy does not necessarily mean they uncovered SAT fraud. It is much more likely for a tennis star trying to get into Stanford to cheat on the SAT than a football player trying to get into USC.

Advertisement
I am explaining to you that just because they went after the SAT guy does not necessarily mean they uncovered SAT fraud. It is much more likely for a tennis star trying to get into Stanford to cheat on the SAT than a football player trying to get into USC.

Football kids still need ACT scores.

Football kids still need ACT scores.

Of course they do, but nowhere near as high as a tennis guy trying to make it to a top school would need.

Plus they have a fallback of going to JUCO or a school like Marshall if they really fvck up on the SAT.

The tennis guy whose parents paid out of pocket 70k a year for 4 years. If he ends up not getting into an elite school. He just wasted 280k. I am not saying football players DIDN'T cheat on the SAT. I am just saying that just because some SAT scores were falsified it wans't necessarily a football player.

Of course they do, but nowhere near as high as a tennis guy trying to make it to a top school would need.

Plus they have a fallback of going to JUCO or a school like Marshall if they really fvck up on the SAT.

The tennis guy whose parents paid out of pocket 70k a year for 4 years. If he ends up not getting into an elite school. He just wasted 280k. I am not saying football players DIDN'T cheat on the SAT. I am just saying that just because some SAT scores were falsified it wans't necessarily a football player.

You should read up on the security measures ivy league schools have implemented for online classes. They literally have take home drones that can be taken over remotely and flown around the room to make sure the student hasn't altered the live webcam feed, switched out with another student, or hidden cheat sheets around the room.

If boosters are buying houses and dodge chargers they're certainly greasing the pockets of testing admins imo.

Advertisement
Good post. Saw this earlier and it's one of the more insane aspects of a crazy story.

Btw, EACH AND EVERY ONE of these kids better be expelled immediately and also prosecuted if they were over 18 and there's papertrail of their involvement. I'm already seeing narratives that some of them didn't know what their parents did.

That's bull**** first of all and secondly we live live in a country that prosecutes minors as adults alllll the time. There should be zero special treatment here.

**** right...100%

Advertisement

Btw, EACH AND EVERY ONE of these kids better be expelled immediately and also prosecuted if they were over 18 and there's papertrail of their involvement. I'm already seeing narratives that some of them didn't know what their parents did.

That's bull**** first of all and secondly we live live in a country that prosecutes minors as adults alllll the time. There should be zero special treatment here.
This guy gets it....bada book bada boom.

The big question here is how did this Singer dude find out about him and his ability or desire to take the test for other kids.
There has to be more guys like him out there providing this type of service. There has to be some network of dude that do this.
This might turn into a very deep rabbit whole if the penalty is large enough to make this guy start throwing dimes from outside the 3 point line.

Agreed. This scandal is about getting kids into top schools who otherwise would miss the mark.

It's not about getting some dipsh*t who can't read, a good enough SAT score so Alabama can fool the NCAA into thinking the kid can get into college.

Advertisement
Back