Mark Richt's term at Miami has all kinds of support

“It’s hard when I know any bad decision I make on the field is going to affect my coach,” Kaaya said. “If I throw a pick, or if I do something that’s going to lead us losing this game, there’s going to be a banner up at our next home game. We’re 3-0 and I’m going into the Cincinnati game and there’s a banner. I’m just thinking, ‘I hope we don’t lose this game. I hope I play well so my Twitter mentions aren’t going to have, ‘I hate coach Golden’ or ‘Fire coach Golden.’

“We put in all this work and there’s a banner saying, ‘Bring back Butch.' ... 'Throw it in the tank for the season.’ Geez you’re giving up on us, too? That part right there, it was hard to take at times as a player. It was a bit nerve-wracking.”

Worst fanbase in football. ****ing embarrassing. Brad had it good compared to Jacory too, it's amazing we can even recruit top QB's with the way we treat our players.

SMH. Crazy that the palyers had to deal with that.

Wtf r y'all talkn about... All of that is the reason Golden is gone, Kaaya is just the type of person that cares about what other ppl are dealing with but he never had any hate aimed towards him. Jacory is the one UM qb that was terrotized by this fan base mainly bc we had a black bc that wasn't getting it done

When the stadium is empty and the fanbase does nothing but bash coaches how could that not be viewed as hate his way? Golden getting fired was a foregone conclusion the banners were just added embarrasment. You idiots wanted blake james gone too but its clear now he had a plan and was 5 steps ahead your beligerance.

If you idiots had your way golden wouldve been fired 2 years ago and shalala wouldve picked another coach and truly buried this program

Golden should've been fired 2 years ago and you have no clue how that would've turned out if he were, Shala wasn't going to do **** she already knew the fan base had it out for her at that time.... And We definitely would have more talent and not be dealing with depth issues on this team if he was fired back then. Are u seriously defending Al Golden?

Highlight in bold where i defended Al Golden.......Shalalas hires got progressively worse and she didn't give a **** about the UM fanbase because the UM fanbase is the laughing stock of P5. Google miami hurricanes empty stadium or banners and read a little bit if you lack the necessary self awareness. The fact she kept Golden so long only cements the theory she would've hired another POS.

Advertisement
I personally think empty stadiums in Miami is a direct correlation with the product being placed on the field. When you win in Miami people show up, but when you lose they don't and show that they won't stand for crap product. Personally I like that. Now I could be wrong with what happens this season. If fans don't show up after being given a top ten coach, everything I thought goes out the window....

3 freaking pages on banners??? This excellent article was derailed by chest thumping bannerists? We should be speaking about the details in this article but instead I am reading about freaking banners

“It’s hard when I know any bad decision I make on the field is going to affect my coach,” Kaaya said. “If I throw a pick, or if I do something that’s going to lead us losing this game, there’s going to be a banner up at our next home game. We’re 3-0 and I’m going into the Cincinnati game and there’s a banner. I’m just thinking, ‘I hope we don’t lose this game. I hope I play well so my Twitter mentions aren’t going to have, ‘I hate coach Golden’ or ‘Fire coach Golden.’

“We put in all this work and there’s a banner saying, ‘Bring back Butch.' ... 'Throw it in the tank for the season.’ Geez you’re giving up on us, too? That part right there, it was hard to take at times as a player. It was a bit nerve-wracking.”

Worst fanbase in football. ****ing embarrassing. Brad had it good compared to Jacory too, it's amazing we can even recruit top QB's with the way we treat our players.

Wtf r y'all talkn about... All of that is the reason Golden is gone, Kaaya is just the type of person that cares about what other ppl are dealing with but he never had any hate aimed towards him. Jacory is the one UM qb that was terrotized by this fan base mainly bc we had a black HC that wasn't getting it done

Riiiight...it had nothing to do with the 6,003 picks Jacory threw.

The arrogant faqcits at UM caused the players to suffer by thinking they could mind meld UM fans into keeping quiet about Folden with dopey hashtags.

Fck UM for putting the players through that by keeping Folden around way past his expiration date and forcing desperate measures from fans who cared enough to save the program.

Exactly! The fans were doing what had to be done in order to save this program. The responsibility for us fans having to resort to such extreme measures falls squarely on the heads of the spineless quislings at Hecht.

Advertisement

How does that make us the worst fans in CFB? Are you kidding me?
And give me a break with... "the way we treat our players is embarrassing" line.

This was never about the players and everyone knows that.

People/fans donate and spend a lot of money and a lot of time to Miami athletics. We put up with 15 years of Donna Shalala and her destruction of the football program. Sure Golden might've just been in the wrong place at the wrong time, but enough was enough, he wasn't cutting it and the pressure needed to be placed on the AD and BOT.

The banners played a vital role in getting Golden fired mid-season, which we now know was important. It allowed Blake to plant the seed early on with Richt and his agent. (even though Richt at the time said he's not interested and happy at UGA)

And well you know the rest...

Don't underestimate the power of free speech and voicing your displeasure with something. I can't think of a better way than flying a banner on national television for the sports world to see. ESPN covered it, articles were written about it, etc.

I'm just sorry the banner didn't include Shalala's name and the BOT. THEY were the real embarrassment to this program. Not Golden or Shannon or Coker (who at the very least all worked their a$$ off to TRY and fix it).

Shalala was a crook and the BOT were too big of pussies to stand up to her.

Long live banners!
Long live The U!

d83b6d50db614506708211be00696cee.jpg

Gun.jpg

SebastianArrested_display_image.jpg

Last edited:
Then explain our numbers in 2001. Winning HELPS, but it by no means a cure. Not in Miami.
I personally think empty stadiums in Miami is a direct correlation with the product being placed on the field. When you win in Miami people show up, but when you lose they don't and show that they won't stand for crap product. Personally I like that. Now I could be wrong with what happens this season. If fans don't show up after being given a top ten coach, everything I thought goes out the window....

Then explain our numbers in 2001. Winning HELPS, but it by no means a cure. Not in Miami.
Home games with Rutgers, Troy and Temple explain it. The previous poster got it half right. The product on the field involves two teams, not just one good one. People in Miami want a game that means something, not just a mugging of Temple.

Advertisement
The players with NFL potential, and especially Kaaya, just put a lot of money in their pocket by having a new, quality staff....

I'm sure their aches from the banners from last season are melting away quite readily....

Makes me sad that Kaaya took the banners personal like that. We had to get rid of Golden. He was wasting Brad's career like he had others. Brad was the major reason for hope the last two years. Let's hope seeing all the greats around will make him understand why we spent all that money so more greats could join the family in the future. Kid, you are family, Al was never anything but hired help who tried to make us another psu. The banners were never about the players.

I agree. Beating FSU this year will explain why we flew them.

Advertisement
Back