MARK RICHT

Well you have your point and I have mine. Lets just see how this plays out and see what he does. I believe Miami has ZERO chance to land him. Big deal so UM is where he matriculated. That certainly is much more important than quality time with your grandchildren or doing what your spouse wants. Gee you people are completey into the worldliness of our country. This man had a spiritual kindred soul and has perspective about what kind of life he wants. Obviously most of you don't have grandchildren nor value the family relationships this man has. Lets see where he lands and it's not going to be in MIAMI and the reasons I've listed are DEAR TO HIS HEART!

Did you really just write "you people", klan much?

Advertisement
From S. FLA was over 30 years ago and, essentially, he doesn't know S. FLA as an adult but as a minor child then as a college student. He knows Tallahassee as a working adult and knows FSU, not UM as adult. The Richt children were never down here, his parents and pretty much entire extended family reside in Athens and surrounding areas. It is therefore entirely possible that from his adult background and living, there are more negative impression of S. FLA that have entered his psyche than positive. Him & fam may well have that sentiment of wanting to visit Miami but not live there. 30+ years, Miami was a very different place.

lmao. Richt is from S.FLA. This isnt some guy taking a chance that doesnt understand the surroundings. I know he been gone awhile...but i doubt much has changed....about a place your actually from. In fact his kids in uga LIVE in trouble...and thats with all his bible thumping...zack mettengerger was getting in trouble with his mom on staff at uga..lol...dude had to kick out Crowell.

Well he doesn't coach in Athens anymore so if he wants to retire and live out his days in Athens, great for him. Otherwise, he's gonna have to leave his extended family and go coach elsewhere.

Thank you Prophessor as a few of you have the intelligence to understand everybody doesn't like South Florida like us.

Advertisement
Lol fine. If he doesn't like south Florida that's fine. Maybe he doesn't. Why come interview?
Does his son live in south Florida?

Did I say his son lives in South Florida? No, I said my son knows one of his kids well. My my how the natives twist things around.

Well you have your point and I have mine. Lets just see how this plays out and see what he does. I believe Miami has ZERO chance to land him. Big deal so UM is where he matriculated. That certainly is much more important than quality time with your grandchildren or doing what your spouse wants. Gee you people are completey into the worldliness of our country. This man had a spiritual kindred soul and has perspective about what kind of life he wants. Obviously most of you don't have grandchildren nor value the family relationships this man has. Lets see where he lands and it's not going to be in MIAMI and the reasons I've listed are DEAR TO HIS HEART!

Did you really just write "you people", klan much?

Only a complete PC douche bag such as yourself would take what this man said as being racist.

By these people, he meant the people that are saying he is coming.

Your reading comprehension is really lacking.

Say no to crack! A mind is a terrible thing to waste!

Advertisement
LOL. First of all, this dude said he was 60 years old, and he adds the "ster" suffix to his name. That should invalidate everything he says.

Second, Richt was at UM when there was a riot every other week and mexicans were slitting throats left and right in the streets. It was full blown Scarface when he was around, so I doubt he's intimidated by the soft life of Coral Gables circa 2015.

Franchise, you took the words out of my mouth. He was here during the boatlift, the cocaine cowboy days when drugs and killings and lawlessness was much more rampant.

And by "you people" he meant people who are into the worldly things in life. Heathens.

mmmm, Did you know the man is MARRIED? His wife has a very BIG say in this. Oh my that's such a mute point and means nothing at all. A marriage is ONE , decisions are made with BOTH people involved in the process. Franchise and 5XNC do you get that?

Mark Richt would be a nice hire but I don't think there is a chance they land him. He has spent many years in a great place like Athens and now he wants to come to Miami? He has plenty of money and he is a very spiritual. Why would he come to a place like Miami with major crime, traffic, criminals, drugs, etc. It's NOT in his DNA my friends. This hire is NOT going to happen. BBB seems like it's fading which is a shame. His quality of life does not include the things mentioned above.

It might come down to his wife. She might not want to live in Miami. I am sure she will have a big say in his decision.

mmmm, Did you know the man is MARRIED? His wife has a very BIG say in this. Oh my that's such a mute point and means nothing at all. A marriage is ONE , decisions are made with BOTH people involved in the process. Franchise and 5XNC do you get that?

It was reported that she signed off on him going to Miami before he met with Blake James so it's a non issue

Advertisement
From S. FLA was over 30 years ago and, essentially, he doesn't know S. FLA as an adult but as a minor child then as a college student. He knows Tallahassee as a working adult and knows FSU, not UM as adult. The Richt children were never down here, his parents and pretty much entire extended family reside in Athens and surrounding areas. It is therefore entirely possible that from his adult background and living, there are more negative impression of S. FLA that have entered his psyche than positive. Him & fam may well have that sentiment of wanting to visit Miami but not live there. 30+ years, Miami was a very different place.

lmao. Richt is from S.FLA. This isnt some guy taking a chance that doesnt understand the surroundings. I know he been gone awhile...but i doubt much has changed....about a place your actually from. In fact his kids in uga LIVE in trouble...and thats with all his bible thumping...zack mettengerger was getting in trouble with his mom on staff at uga..lol...dude had to kick out Crowell.

Excellent point. I was at Miami as a student over 20 years ago. My impression of S. Fla was that of a student. Recently, went back to visit as an adult, and realized it is not place that I would want to live anymore. Its not anything against the city, just not my kind of place anymore.

Not coming unless he leaves the family in Athens. No chance, not gonna happen. Hyde can F himself, this is down to Davis and Mullen.

Lol nobody said his wife wouldn't have a say or that he wouldn't make a decision without his wife's involvement. You put words in people's mouths. I don't know if his wife signed off or not but it seems odd he'd make a trip here to listen and have ZERO interest.

Advertisement
3FW, since he's no longer the coach at uga, isn't he leaving the family in Athens no matter what job he takes?

LOL. First of all, this dude said he was 60 years old, and he adds the "ster" suffix to his name. That should invalidate everything he says.

Second, Richt was at UM when there was a riot every other week and mexicans were slitting throats left and right in the streets. It was full blown Scarface when he was around, so I doubt he's intimidated by the soft life of Coral Gables circa 2015.

You know nothing about Miami!

It was Cubans, not Mexicans.

And before you try a snide comeback. Cubans and Mexicans are totally different cultures.

Different foods, different way of speaking Spanish and for the most part, different values and beliefs.

Advertisement
Back