MARK RICHT

nickster

Freshman
Mark Richt would be a nice hire but I don't think there is a chance they land him. He has spent many years in a great place like Athens and now he wants to come to Miami? He has plenty of money and he is a very spiritual. Why would he come to a place like Miami with major crime, traffic, criminals, drugs, etc. It's NOT in his DNA my friends. This hire is NOT going to happen. BBB seems like it's fading which is a shame. His quality of life does not include the things mentioned above.

Advertisement
Mark Richt would be a nice hire but I don't think there is a chance they land him. He has spent many years in a great place like Athens and now he wants to come to Miami? He has plenty of money and he is a very spiritual. Why would he come to a place like Miami with major crime, traffic, criminals, drugs, etc. It's NOT in his DNA my friends. This hire is NOT going to happen. BBB seems like it's fading which is a shame. His quality of life does not include the things mentioned above.
Uga players have gotten in much more trouble over the last 5-10 years than Miami and said can be said for all sec schools so stop with that narrative

He wouldn't live in the ghettos of Miami. Lol

Advertisement
This is some of the dumbest reasoning I've seen for a coach not coming here. The guy is an alum. If you tell me he prefers rural over city life or a traditional college town over an urban college, I can buy that. The drugs or crime rate etc is dumb as crap.

It might come down to his wife. She might not want to live in Miami. I am sure she will have a big say in his decision.

Advertisement
Name a city that doesn't have crime, traffic, criminals, drugs, etc. You can be spiritual on place on the earth. This argument was over before it started.

i dont disagree with the OP's analysis. Miami is not for everyone. It is a materialistic, narcissistic and high paced city. Athens is almost the polar opposite. i would think the radical change in scenery might be an insurmountable obstacle, but it is worth the try. hope we land him.

lmao.

Richt is from S.FLA. This isnt some guy taking a chance that doesnt understand the surroundings. I know he been gone awhile...but i doubt much has changed....about a place your actually from. In fact his kids in uga LIVE in trouble...and thats with all his bible thumping...zack mettengerger was getting in trouble with his mom on staff at uga..lol...dude had to kick out Crowell.

Advertisement

He's a Christian man. This would never bother him.

Well you have your point and I have mine. Lets just see how this plays out and see what he does. I believe Miami has ZERO chance to land him. Big deal so UM is where he matriculated. That certainly is much more important than quality time with your grandchildren or doing what your spouse wants. Gee you people are completey into the worldliness of our country. This man had a spiritual kindred soul and has perspective about what kind of life he wants. Obviously most of you don't have grandchildren nor value the family relationships this man has. Lets see where he lands and it's not going to be in MIAMI and the reasons I've listed are DEAR TO HIS HEART!

It's dumb to say he can't be a good Christian b/c of the city of Miami. He spent 4-5 years here and is from south Florida.
He can practice his faith and outreach and whatever he wants here.
God doesn't need him saving people who don't need to be saved in Athens. Plenty of work for him to do here.

Advertisement
We are into the worldliness? Lol. Wtf is wrong with you? Zero chance???
He stated his kids are spread out all over the country. His grandkids don't live in Athens. Wtf.

How do YOU know what he wants??? So if he doesn't come here that's gonna mean it's for the reasons you stated??

Did I say he can't be a good Christian living in Miam/ Did I say other places in this country don't have crime? Obviously NO and I didn't even think of those things. Read my posts again and then maybe, just maybe you'll understand that Mark and his family DO NOT WANT TO LIVE IN SOUTH FLORIDA. Is that too difficult for everyone to comprehend?

I live in Boca and my son knows one of his kids very well.. I will cut all my limbs off if he comes here. I would love it but it's NOT HAPPENING.

Advertisement
Back