Mark Richt

Advertisement
We could do far worse, but he hasn't shown a penchant for beating teams with equal or better talent.

No for me, for very specific reasons. I worked at UGA for a couple years (05-07) went to every game and still follow them from time to time. Richt's ceiling is exactly where it is now, IMO - he's good for 8-10 wins/year and a conference title once every 5 years or so. While that's worlds better than what we just experienced, I don't believe he's a strong enough coach to get over that final hump and make a playoff/championship run year in and year out. He's a good coach in a tough conference, but I don't think he could win a championship here. My opinion.

Advertisement
No emotion, too PC and too nice. All for running a clean program and doing things the right way but he's a career underachiever.

Far to nice of a guy and a slave to his coordinators. Good coordinators he succeeds. They suck it all goes in the crapper.

No emotion, too PC and too nice. All for running a clean program and doing things the right way but he's a career underachiever.

yet still has a bunch of arrest and cover ups. He means well though. I dont look at him as a canguy even though he went to school here and is from dade county. seem to be a guy that wanted to get away from here.

He's a solid coach..nothing more..nothing less. He would be a stable hire, but not a slam dunk or a lock to have us in conference contentionevery year...his division in the sec is the equivalent to the acc and he doesnt own that..with superior athletes and supposed superior coaching.

I'd take him if it came down to it. The man has been consistent every year in the toughest conference. Recruits very well also. I think he would destroy the ACC...

Advertisement
Yes. Gets 10 win seasons in sec. Turds here want strong who cant beat shi*ty iowa st and has done worse than mack did at the end but not richt.

Advertisement
You can argue Georgia is best job in country and they underperform more than they overachieve

On top of that, richt is supposed to be a QB guru and he can't develop one to save his job

You can argue Georgia is best job in country and they underperform more than they overachieve

No you cant. You could argue texas is though where strong sux. No conference championship, longhorn network, unlimited funds and flagship university in Texas.

Advertisement
On top of that, richt is supposed to be a QB guru and he can't develop one to save his job

His track record is pretty **** stellar with quarterbacks. It's the hardest position to find, and over the past 15 years there have only been a handful when he didn't get high level production from the position.

I don't think that is true. They want to win like Alabama but aren't willing to put up with the off field stuff that Alabama and LSU will tolerate. If the job were so great, they would have more than one national title in the past 50 years...and they only won that one because they had the best player in college history.

While that is a good job, I am pretty sure you would be the first person to try and argue that.

Advertisement
Back