Mark Richt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still not sold on Richt, based on what I saw last season and from his body of work at UGA.

I don't think he is a big game, championship caliber coach. He'll find a way to lose a big game

Advertisement
This sure ain't the land of Maybe. It's either "I'll give my right nut,Yes!" or "Someone shoot me, No!"

besides him being an alum, what value does he bring to Miami with the last 15 years at UGA?

so far I am guilty of a poRst....and would rather be wrong than lose and be the told you so guy

Everyone has said a lot of dumbsh*t on this site. It's funny how some like to call out others on sh*t but you can easily go back through plenty of threads and find post that make people look silly lol

Advertisement
I am still not sold on Richt, based on what I saw last season and from his body of work at UGA.

I don't think he is a big game, championship caliber coach. He'll find a way to lose a big game

shhhh, you're not allowed to say that yet.

I would love to be wrong, but unfortunately I don't think so.

That said, we will consistently go 10-3 every year (with the occasional 11-2 sprinkled in)---just don't expect to win any titles.

Richt is the modern day John Cooper

That said, we will consistently go 10-3 every year (with the occasional 11-2 sprinkled in)---just don't expect to win any titles.

Anything is possible, but you're right, based on his body of work, I'm not sure how someone comes to a different conclusion.

I wish I had a nickel for every time you said something that later proved to be wrong. Do you still think Yearby and Homer are better than Walton?

Advertisement

Anything is possible, but you're right, based on his body of work, I'm not sure how someone comes to a different conclusion.

1. Different talent pool. Specifically Sfla type. We saw first hand how Patrick Peterson, Sammy Watkins, Teddy Bridgewater, Mackensie Alexander, Lamarcus Joyner, Dalvin Cook, Amari Cooper, Sonny Michel', Lamar Jackson and countless others have gone else where and become stars. Now imagine keeping majority of these south Florida savages home and see what happens. This is what happened back in the 80's it's just that kids back then weren't social media divas and had a sense of hometown pride. If we keep the '18 class intact it will get ugly fast for the opps. SoFla talent trumps Ga talent everyday of the week and twice on Sunday's.

2. Manny Diaz has a scheme that is tailor made for Sfla dogs. It encourages reckless violence and SPEED SPEED SPEED. It's a holy matrimony made in football heaven. It allows the athlete to be just that: an athlete. Using their instincts to make a play. Now he isn't saban or dantonio but Manny is gonna look like da gawd when these savages begin to stockpile. Coach Kool is an X factor here. You build an elite D line that can wreak havoc and cause turnovers you are increasing your probability to win games.

3. Richt has FIFTEEN friggin years to look back on and see what went right and what went wrong. Trust me he KNOWS that national championship is gonna define him, make his legacy valid in the history books. He knows he has but only a window of time to change his "mr. Nice guy and good coach but never won anything" image. Deep down Richt wants the championship just as much as us the fans want it if not more. He has a administration 100% behind him and a budget the size of the national defense. He's no longer the CEO type coach but the shot caller. He is not some offensive wizard or coaching mastermind but I believe he's just good enough for the Sfla talent to put him over at least once.

I wish I had a nickel for every time you said something that later proved to be wrong. Do you still think Yearby and Homer are better than Walton?

Abso****inglutely. That said, I haven't seen Homer get enough carries to make the call, but I think he is a more explosive back with a higher upside, based on what I saw.

And I 100% thought Yearby was the better back the last two years; no doubt in my mind.

1. Different talent pool. Specifically Sfla type. We saw first hand how Patrick Peterson, Sammy Watkins, Teddy Bridgewater, Mackensie Alexander, Lamarcus Joyner, Dalvin Cook, Amari Cooper, Sonny Michel', Lamar Jackson and countless others have gone else where and become stars. Now imagine keeping majority of these south Florida savages home and see what happens. This is what happened back in the 80's it's just that kids back then weren't social media divas and had a sense of hometown pride. If we keep the '18 class intact it will get ugly fast for the opps. SoFla talent trumps Ga talent everyday of the week and twice on Sunday's.

2. Manny Diaz has a scheme that is tailor made for Sfla dogs. It encourages reckless violence and SPEED SPEED SPEED. It's a holy matrimony made in football heaven. It allows the athlete to be just that: an athlete. Using their instincts to make a play. Now he isn't saban or dantonio but Manny is gonna look like da gawd when these savages begin to stockpile. Coach Kool is an X factor here. You build an elite D line that can wreak havoc and cause turnovers you are increasing your probability to win games.

3. Richt has FIFTEEN friggin years to look back on and see what went right and what went wrong. Trust me he KNOWS that national championship is gonna define him, make his legacy valid in the history books. He knows he has but only a window of time to change his "mr. Nice guy and good coach but never won anything" image. Deep down Richt wants the championship just as much as us the fans want it if not more. He has a administration 100% behind him and a budget the size of the national defense. He's no longer the CEO type coach but the shot caller. He is not some offensive wizard or coaching mastermind but I believe he's just good enough for the Sfla talent to put him over at least once.

Just once! That's the standard now? C'mon, man! This Miami, not Georgia---or Michigan. I want a coach that can be in contention EVERY YEAR! That's not too much to ask considering the talent in our back yard.

The fact that you think that "maybe" the obscene talent we have in our back yard can get Richt over the hump "just once" says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back