Mark Richt

canecountry3

Senior
Did Georgia football look well coached?

Are there examples of bad coaching at Georgia? Blown 4th Q leads? How often did Georgia lose to inferior teams?

Advertisement
Google

On this site there is 2 schools of thought:

Average of ten wins a season in hardest conference or,

Couldn't beat Florida and never won a championship

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

To answer the last part of your question, Richt's record against teams that finished the year unranked is 108-10. He only has 2 losses to teams that finished below .500.

Why the closer we get to the season, the More negative posts we see pop up. It's ridiculous. Is it boredom, trolls or something else. Don't understand how someone can be negative at a time like this. I'm as excited about this season as I've been in a really long time. Obviously some others aren't.

Why the closer we get to the season, the More negative posts we see pop up. It's ridiculous. Is it boredom, trolls or something else. Don't understand how someone can be negative at a time like this. I'm as excited about this season as I've been in a really long time. Obviously some others aren't.
Some people are just born losers, afraid of success.

Advertisement
Some people are just born losers, afraid of success.

Fact.

Certain people just have a desire to wallow in the mud all the time. Never understood that mentality. When Golden first took over there was a lot of blind optimism and several could see right away from the Maryland game Golden didn't have what it was going to take to win big. We had been down for so long many blindly hoped for success even though down deep we knew it wasn't going to happen. The probability of hiring a cheap HC and staff and finding success aren't a good business model in today's sports industry.

With Richt he has a proven winning track record, although I don't completely buy into the whole SEC B.S. He ran his program at UGA right and came close a few times to play for the big game. Winning 10 games consistently is a sign of a very good coach. Winning Nat'l Ships also requires a bit of luck. The SEC isn't significantly better than the ACC in my opinion. They have one really good conference and one that's not so good. Look at last season as a prime example. Even LSU really was a one trick pony with Fournette. Big *** pony but still. I like the coaching upgrades to the ACC this past off season and think we'll see a bigger conference turn around as a whole soon.

Richt will win at Miami and could get that national championship but it's gonna take time and lots of winning to restock with the elite kids we aren't getting because of what we've been.

Last edited:
Being a long time fan of MArk Richt I feel confident that he will go from 145 wins career wise to 200 in his first 5 years in Miami. That's 55 wins in 5 years, folks.

Advertisement

People don't have the balls to take a position anymore. If Richt doesn't deliver they can always say "I told you, look at my post!" If Richt does, then they "always knew he could" and this thread dies amongst the rest of the useless.

Being "right" is more important than the team winning.

There's no real reason to discuss MR at this point. Those things should have been done before he was hired. I did not support the hire because Mark richt proved over and over again that he was not capable of winning the big game.

He is our coach now. I will support him and hope like **** that he has learned to be more of a Savage when it comes to coaching.

There's no real reason to discuss MR at this point. Those things should have been done before he was hired. I did not support the hire because Mark richt proved over and over again that he was not capable of winning the big game.

Of the candidates available, who did you want?

Advertisement

Butch. He had unfinished business and everything we want in a coach, recruiter, Talent developer....you name it.

He is our coach now. I will support him and hope like **** that he has learned to be more of a Savage when it comes to coaching.

Not sure why this was negged. Everything in this post is true.

I guess some people cannot handle the truth.

Advertisement

Butch. He had unfinished business and everything we want in a coach, recruiter, Talent developer....you name it.

Butch didn't seal the deal, either. He bungled that Washington game.

He was always a questionable gameday coach, which was an issue at UNC as well.

I would've been fine with Butch, but he was far from a slam dunk for a lot of reasons.

georgia was a different team when Richt was more involved as a coach. When he started delegating, the team didn't look the same.

Butch didn't seal the deal, either. He bungled that Washington game.

He was always a questionable gameday coach, which was an issue at UNC as well.

I would've been fine with Butch, but he was far from a slam dunk for a lot of reasons.

Butch did not bungle the Washington game. We had a Young quarterback that was still learning how to walk. Washington had a good team that year. We just ran out of time.

I hope mark becomes a Savage coach. However, a Savage would not suspend Sam Bruce.

georgia was a different team when Richt was more involved as a coach. When he started delegating, the team didn't look the same.

Georgia lost to a sh*tty Florida team in 2002. They win that game they play Miami in the national championship and get destroyed by Miami. Even when Richt was calling plays, Georgia was still losing the big games.

Advertisement
Back