Mark Richt has Retired

83BF0F0B-BA05-442B-AF4E-7BBC4345B225.gif

Advertisement
Class move by a class act. There's a lot of POS posters here and elsewhere that will disagree with that. He was fired from Georgia and thought he would sit out a while and figure out what his next step was. We came calling and he said yes, it was a dream opportunity. Getting back in the saddle worked for a bit, but the reality of his situation eventually told him one thing, he wasn't completely invested or willing to make the sacrifices he might have 20 years ago.

It takes a wise man who is confident and secure in who he is to walk away from this kind of money. Way to go Mark, you had a very good career, one you can be proud of, and I wish you all the very best life has to offer post football.

Advertisement
Very sad and happy day! Wanted the man to be successful, but unfortunately the game passed him by! This will set The U back, but very optimistic!

We need a young, energized and innovative new coach!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He did the honorable thing. I’d love to know how this played out.

I think it played out exactly how you have been saying. The guy was checked out all season, none of his decisions made any sense. I think he realized after this game that his heart wasn’t really in it anymore to do the things he had to do to make this program successful and made this decision on his own.

Advertisement
Back