Mark Richt contacted by 5 schools

So instead of FIU, we get to be UGA minus the money? Sounds horrible to me.....

I'd take UGA right now

Well that's pathetic and no true Cane fan wants that. That to me sounds like settling for "pretty good". Fvck that!

First, it was a joke, and second, I think Richt can win more here.

Why? He'll have less resources here. He was recruiting as good as can be expected at Miami at UGA. What Hialeah magic is going to turn him into a NC winner? This is how we end up with corches.

All a good Miami coach needs to recruit in SFL is FN gas card. I think our AD can spring for those.

Advertisement
If Richt gets right back into it, I think he'll be going to a job with little to no pressure. A place he can just get away, coach, and try to have some fun. The last two years he's looked unmotivated and tired.

Come on dude loves to coach... He is still FN recruiting right now for Gods sake.

Also what could be easier then winning the coastal. What power 5 conference is easier than that.

Also he could have a top 5 class in Miami without ever spending the night in a hotel. What could be easier than that.

Last edited:
crossover22[]_[];2395997 said:
First, it was a joke, and second, I think Richt can win more here.

Why? He'll have less resources here. He was recruiting as good as can be expected at Miami at UGA. What Hialeah magic is going to turn him into a NC winner? This is how we end up with corches.

So i guess butch could get it done? I forgot about all the NCs he won.

Why do people keep saying this to me? Do you read the boards at all? I'm adamantly against bringing back Butch.

I want a savage here with a dynamic offense and a vicious, fresh approach

I'd like Chip Kelly as well, but he's unavailable. I'm not convinced this will be the case in a month but are you willing to wait? The year before he took the Eagles job he negotiated with Tampa Bay and changed his mind at the last minute. Even if he were leaving Philadelphia the owners of the Titans or another NFL teams can outbid any college. I'd give the odds of Chip Kelly as next Miami coach are barely negligible.

Scarcity is the problem. If Miami is willing to buy someone has to be willing to sell.

I really have no idea why coaches say anything in public about job prospects. Look at Saban.. look at Butch... I mean we can go on forever. What they say has little to no meaning whatsoever.

Also Petrino quit midseason (12/10) to get back into college. All that Chip saying this means is that its on his and his agents minds.

I'd like Chip Kelly as well, but he's unavailable. I'm not convinced this will be the case in a month but are you willing to wait? The year before he took the Eagles job he negotiated with Tampa Bay and changed his mind at the last minute. Even if he were leaving Philadelphia the owners of the Titans or another NFL teams can outbid any college. I'd give the odds of Chip Kelly as next Miami coach are barely negligible.

Scarcity is the problem. If Miami is willing to buy someone has to be willing to sell.

I really have no idea why coaches say anything in public about job prospects. Look at Saban.. look at Butch... I mean we can go on forever. What they say has little to no meaning whatsoever.

Also Petrino quit midseason (12/10) to get back into college. All that Chip saying this means is that its on his and his agents minds.

Why presume Kelly wants to quit at the first sign of difficulty? Ask Jeff Laurie to check and see if Kelly has a pair. Maybe Kelly's weight gain is from excession estrogen. Or Eagles fans tore them off.

OH: Bag of Dirt > Bobby Petrino

Advertisement

Why presume Kelly wants to quit at the first sign of difficulty? Ask Jeff Laurie to check and see if Kelly has a pair. Maybe Kelly's weight gain is from excession estrogen. Or Eagles fans tore them off.

OH: Bag of Dirt > Bobby Petrino

I dont presume. I just dont think he is off the board because of what he says to the media or what the coach says. I think if he continues to lose big he will be fired. Philly fans are a bunch of F sticks. They will go crazier than our fans did with Al if he continues to get thrashed.

His ego is large and its taking a beating.

I think his place is in college and not the NFL. So why not happen now?

Herald says he is in the mix at UM. Atlanta Journal Constit writer thinks he'll stay in Athens & do other things (maybe stay at GA) and give up coaching.

Advertisement
South Carolina
Miami
Maryland
UVA
Georgia Tech (haha. They should though)

IMHO he's headed to Columbia and will annually prepare for UGA w great vengeance and terrible fury.

Last edited:
[]_[] swag;2396237 said:
We better be one, or we're FIU

So instead of FIU, we get to be UGA minus the money? Sounds horrible to me.....

Wait so you don't want Richt or Butch? Do you wanna go coachless, just everyone freelance?

He wants someone with no experience. He's such a negative person, any kind of track record at all he'll find something to hate about that coach

Advertisement
Back