Mark Richt contacted by 5 schools

crossover22[]_[];2395993 said:
crossover22[]_[];2395983 said:
crossover22[]_[];2395978 said:
Anyone that wouldnt take him is retarded.

Won 9 (maybe 10) games without his best player in a down year LOL...

Yep. The guy constantly wins 10 games a year. Always recruits well. And hires good staffs.

So you want Miami to be a team that wins 9 or 10 games a year, a couple of coastal crowns, and......nothing else?

I thought the goal is to dominate this sport?

No thats not all i want. But whos to say he couldnt do that at miami

9 wins and losing to FSU in the ACCCG every year will get banners flown. I'm DONE with being little brother. Get a savage here who will dominate or fold the **** program.

Advertisement
So instead of FIU, we get to be UGA minus the money? Sounds horrible to me.....

I'd take UGA right now

Well that's pathetic and no true Cane fan wants that. That to me sounds like settling for "pretty good". Fvck that!

First, it was a joke, and second, I think Richt can win more here.

Why? He'll have less resources here. He was recruiting as good as can be expected at Miami at UGA. What Hialeah magic is going to turn him into a NC winner? This is how we end up with corches.

So i guess butch could get it done? I forgot about all the NCs he won.

I'd take UGA right now

Well that's pathetic and no true Cane fan wants that. That to me sounds like settling for "pretty good". Fvck that!

Why? He'll have less resources here. He was recruiting as good as can be expected at Miami at UGA. What Hialeah magic is going to turn him into a NC winner? This is how we end up with corches.

I think Richt would've won us the Cincy game and possibly the FSU game too. Just based on this season... 10-2, top 25, and going to a great bowl game.

We better be one, or we're FIU

I'd take UGA right now

Why would he win more here?

He already has a talent advantage in the SEC East over UK, SCar, Mizzo, Vandy, Tennessee. UF is the only competition UGA has year in and year out from a talent stand point. He is 5-10 vs UF, 2-9 vs UF coaches not name Will Muschamp.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2395997 said:
I'd take UGA right now

Why do people keep saying this to me? Do you read the boards at all? I'm adamantly against bringing back Butch.

I want a savage here with a dynamic offense and a vicious, fresh approach

We better be one, or we're FIU

I'd take UGA right now

SO you want to be a team who hasnt won a conference championship in 10 years and only 2 division championships.

Our fan base now sounds like our admin. Forget dominating, lets compete for the coastal every once in awhile.

100%

I'd take UGA right now

He already has a talent advantage in the SEC East over UK, SCar, Mizzo, Vandy, Tennessee. UF is the only competition UGA has year in and year out from a talent stand point. He is 5-10 vs UF, 2-9 vs UF coaches not name Will Muschamp.

Because he's a good coach, coaching in an easier conference

I'd take UGA right now

if you think Richt is a corch, there is no point talking to you

Advertisement

Why do people keep saying this to me? Do you read the boards at all? I'm adamantly against bringing back Butch.

My fault. Well ive said from the start i want herman

Yep. The guy constantly wins 10 games a year. Always recruits well. And hires good staffs.

People on this board won't be satisfied unless a guy who's won multiple championships like Saban decides to come here. NEWS FLASH: There's no such thing as a perfect coach. Each has their flaws. I'd rather have a guy who's flaw is not winning a championship but recruiting well and winning 10 games a season than anything else.

People on this board won't be satisfied unless a guy who's won multiple championships like Saban decides to come here. NEWS FLASH: There's no such thing as a perfect coach. Each has their flaws. I'd rather have a guy who's flaw is not winning a championship but recruiting well and winning 10 games a season than anything else.

You low expectation guys need to quit being so dramatic. We won't only be satisfied with Nick Saban's clone. We, however, are not all that thrilled with guys who have already proven they can't beat talented teams or win big games.

Why did UGA fire him if he's so great? Why have the majority of UGA fans been calling for his head for awhile now? You don't find too many superstars in the trash pile.

Having said that, he'd be a really nice hire for a place like UVA. His personality and god squad schtick would fit in there, and he wouldn't need to win 10 games a year and beat great teams. He could win 9 games and be a hero.

Advertisement
I am torn on him. I live in the ATL so I have a lot of exposure to the guy.

He doesnt win the big one and thats my main knock on him.

Georgia fans are as crazy as any SEC fans. So he had the support.

The interesting thing about him though is that he recruited like a **** and with his inability to win the big one and with all the other major SEC schools prevalent in this area he still locks shiat down.

He is not scared to go after exceptions and to bring in kids best friends to land the big fish.

He is also a very believable and likable guy who can get both Mom and Dad believing in him 100%.

He is very large in the church and does a lot of stuff in the off season for charities. He will be known in the community for doing lots of stuff to help out those in need. I know that doesn't mean shiat when it comes to coaching but it will help lock down Miami and because of that his talent level will go up from where it was at in Georgia.

I do believe if he comes here he will lock Miami down.

And this dude will lean on his coordinators. If he gets bad ones then we might be F'd but if he brings in the right guys he could be a home run hire.

The more I think about it Miami can make coaches look like gods.

I might be talking myself into him because at this point I think it would be good hire. When he got fired I was like holly F.

I am still going to root against the Eagles every single week and hope Chip gets fired because he still would be our best game changing coach.

I'd like Chip Kelly as well, but he's unavailable. I'm not convinced this will be the case in a month but are you willing to wait? The year before he took the Eagles job he negotiated with Tampa Bay and changed his mind at the last minute. Even if he were leaving Philadelphia the owners of the Titans or another NFL teams can outbid any college. I'd give the odds of Chip Kelly as next Miami coach are barely negligible.

Scarcity is the problem. If Miami is willing to buy someone has to be willing to sell.

Advertisement
If Richt gets right back into it, I think he'll be going to a job with little to no pressure. A place he can just get away, coach, and try to have some fun. The last two years he's looked unmotivated and tired.

If Richt gets right back into it, I think he'll be going to a job with little to no pressure. A place he can just get away, coach, and try to have some fun. The last two years he's looked unmotivated and tired.

Just what we need. An unmotivated coach who has proved he can't win his conference at all and his division rarely.

Perfect Fit, where do I sign up.

I'd take UGA right now

Because he's a good coach, coaching in an easier conference

1. He's in a weak division now and doesn't win it.
2. He underachieves nearly every year.
3. That doesn't show me a good coach.

His schedule was weak as **** this year. He played 3 teams with a winning record, lost them all.

Richt will have plenty of fine offers to choose from.....No need for him to rush anything unless he finds a great fit early on....

Advertisement
Back