Mark Richards

I have never seen numbers on the longevity of NFL careers by position or their health after football, but your first point may not be true anymore. If we go by 2018 NFL franchise tag values: WRs got $15.982 million, CBs got $14.975 million, and Safeties got $11.287 million. Franchise tag numbers are ultimately just an average of the top players at each position group, but the numbers indicate WRs are actually getting paid more on a yearly basis in today's NFL.

Franchise tags only represents top 5 players which makes your argument look weaker. If you look at the average for all NFL players, CBs make more than WRs. Source:

NFL Positional Payrolls

Advertisement
Franchise tags only represents top 5 players which makes your argument look weaker. If you look at the average for all NFL players, CBs make more than WRs. Source:

NFL Positional Payrolls

Understood on the limits of looking at franchise tag values, which I made a passing reference to. But average numbers aren't great either.

Consider how many of these guys are making the nfl minimum (thereby lowering the averages). I think most NFL teams keep 6 WRs now but only 5 CBs. Assuming I am right, that's an extra 32 WRs making the NFL minimum (and lowering their average salary).

Regardless, my point is it's not so clear cut as the previous poster made it seem.

Last edited:
His ceiling at db is insane , I don’t see anything close at rb. But if he wants to start there so be it. The light will eventually come on, especially when he sees that depth chart.

Advertisement
During Richards junior year before he blew up he was def being mentioned as DB by many. Senior year put that to rest.

That must've been the board loonies then. I can tell you the kid, known through a friend who knows that family well, that he always saw himself as a wide receiver. These fools on these message boards always are trying to switch people around and I do remember many questioning how good he was at wide receiver while pining for some other Dade County kid. I just forget who they were obsessed with at that time.

That must've been the board loonies then. I can tell you the kid, known through a friend who knows that family well, that he always saw himself as a wide receiver. These fools on these message boards always are trying to switch people around and I do remember many questioning how good he was at wide receiver while pining for some other Dade County kid. I just forget who they were obsessed with at that time.

This board wants every player over 5'8" to switch to corner

Not questioning how he saw himself, I'm just saying plenty of coaches were looking at him from both angles....and for good reason. He had the talent for both. He's no Ermon Lane or Burgess Becker.

2016 WR Commit Richards Rocking with Miami

Richards was a star in his teams spring game as he led the way with 2 interception returns for touchdowns for 98 and 74 yards respectively along with 1 receiving touchdown.

“It’s really fun because I’m just enjoying the game and making plays on both sides of the ball. It’s fun because I get to enjoy it now, but in college I have to switch to one side.”

elite scouting services has him rated as the number 2 cb in the state.

www.elitescoutingservices.com

2-Ahmmon Richards-Wellington-6’2-175-(Committed to University of Miami)-Richards is one of the most impressive athletes on the board. He can play receiver, cornerback or safety in college. What makes Richards so impressive is his ability to stop and start so sudden and not lose any momentum. His athletic ability to go along with his size and speed is quite impressive. Richards is not a prospect that you hear much of but there are not many better on the football field then this talented rising senior. Richards was a big reason why Wellington made a run late into the playoffs. (Comparison: Antrel Rolle)

Advertisement
1. You're information is painfully outdated. We haven't been recruiting him as anything other than a guy who can play wherever he wants since the Winter.

2. Link or source on Bama claim? Because I've never seen that anywhere and that sounds a lot like how is brother was a lock to take that Bama offer too

Oh wait, it's M3N. Why even bother. You don't think we're getting anyone

He’s a cant miss local prospect who’s the brother of our best receiver.

I think we have a chance but ultimately I don’t think we land him. Never good when Auburn is lurking around sofla. Just a gut feeling. That and our track record for loc elites is not great at the moment.

Kid could probably be the best CB prospect in the state if he committed to that position. Sounds like the schools selling him on offense are sticking around though.
Just tell him what he wants to hear and get his *** here. I’m sure he could thrive on offense too on the next level. 6’ 200 pound RB’s and WR’s grow on trees though, quality DB’s at that size don’t. You want to make some big $$ kid, you don’t waste any time at anything besides DB and develop your craft early. You are a future 1st day pick if you do that.
Agree! Just remind him that Shawn Taylor was convinced to change from RB to Safety and then learned from Ed Reed. Taylor was drafted two years later in first round by Washington.

Advertisement
Until he flat out says he doesn't want to follow his brother im penciling him in the class.

Disagree completely. I've hopped into 3, now 4, MAR threads stating the same insight - he loves the attention and he is in no way leaning to Miami because of his brother. UF and Auburn are both pressing hard and selling him on being a hybrid-type offensive player. They were on that thread way before Miami starting easing on "defense only" and this will be a battle to the very end. Anyone who CBs MAR to Miami today has no idea of reality.

Advertisement

darnell saloman and pie young

Advertisement
Back