Mark Pope = Santana Moss

He’s more like Reggie Wayne

This is my view as well. Smooth, great hands and route running, creates separation well, uses his body well, decent not great speed, medium sized frame.

Moss was much faster and accelerated better but much smaller also, and a different type of receiver.

Agree. I do think Pope has elite acceleration, though. He should get open easily in college.

Advertisement
He’s more like Reggie Wayne

This is my view as well. Smooth, great hands and route running, creates separation well, uses his body well, decent not great speed, medium sized frame.

Moss was much faster and accelerated better but much smaller also, and a different type of receiver.

Agree. I do think Pope has elite acceleration, though. He should get open easily in college.
I think he’s got very good quickness (not eddie brown but moreso than wayne). Different from blowing by people. But he’s deceptively fast relative to his actual speed, if that makes sense, and has great body control so he creates separation.

I have ZERO problem with this board comparing canes to canes. That’s what we should do.

Advertisement
He beat his man on all three deep passes. QBs under estimated his game speed. Hightower carries himself like a professional already - smooth player, no wasted motion, and deceptively quick and fast. He is going to be a huge problem for defenses. Love our young receivers. DB/WR competition going forward is going to be fierce.

Advertisement
It was fun watching Campbell covering Hightower a couple times.

Hopefully we'll see that in practice soon.

Pope would've caught more balls if the QB threw the ball deeper. But the IMG CB made a nice play on the first one.

He beat his man on all three deep passes. QBs under estimated his game speed. Hightower carries himself like a professional already - smooth player, no wasted motion, and deceptively quick and fast. He is going to be a huge problem for defenses. Love our young receivers. DB/WR competition going forward is going to be fierce.

Advertisement
I don't know who he reminds me of but I know our WR will put alot of pressure on secondaries in college football.

His route running, smooth cuts, very very reliable hands, size, consistent almost professional way to get open is almost eerily similar to Reggie

Advertisement
Not Santana. Pope is more of Antonio Brown or Jimmy Smith. They called him Jsmooth for a reason. That’s Pope...Mr. Smooth.

Jeff Thomas is more like Santana, size and speed. Hopefully he will progress just like Santana did every year he was here

Advertisement
Back