Mark Pope (Rumor... apparently debunked already)

1639069770900.png

Zo says hi....

Advertisement
Lord knows it didn't work out at UM for Pope, but hopefully he plays better in Gainesville while the Gators go 0-11-1

Advertisement
man, what happened with the eval on pope? no physicality, no hands, little to no explosion or dynamicism even when he doesn't drop the ball. how'd he end up being a 5 star

Advertisement
man, what happened with the eval on pope? no physicality, no hands, little to no explosion or dynamicism even when he doesn't drop the ball. how'd he end up being a 5 star

Peter Ariz. ... Seriously, wasn't he a Cooney gem. For whatever reason, the buzz had him as the best 7x7 football player in the country. Had me fooled, tbh.

Not sure what's more puzzling, that Pope was a 5 star or Lingard was a 5 star.

I can’t imagine there’s a P5 program that would be interested.
That's a little too harsh. The kid is fast and knows how to get separation. He made a few good plays here. He's just inconsistent with his hands and at a school where the WR room is loaded.

I can see him contributing at some other P5 school. He'll drop it a bunch of times, but every now and then he'll get lucky and haul one in. That's ok at some other schools, just not this U.

Advertisement
Not sure what's more puzzling, that Pope was a 5 star or Lingard was a 5 star.

By far Pope. Lingard has the measurables just no vision or wiggle.

Pope IDK man. He never really produced in HS which was my first red flag, he tore up the flag/ 7v7 circuit which is where I think a lot of hype came from. He was wrongly used at first. He needs to be a quick slot guy all day, he is quick and can get separation. Trying to put him on the outside where people are constantly in his grill will never work.

Be careful what you wish for. Perhaps he takes it up a notch. But we have seen the best that he can give for us and are prepared in moving onwards. Just saying.
He could get it together and contribute but if Napier wants to trust him in critical situations, more power to him.

Advertisement
That's a little too harsh. The kid is fast and knows how to get separation. He made a few good plays here. He's just inconsistent with his hands and at a school where the WR room is loaded.

I can see him contributing at some other P5 school. He'll drop it a bunch of times, but every now and then he'll get lucky and haul one in. That's ok at some other schools, just not this U.
Misconception is that Pope’s only issue was dropped passes. His biggest problem was his inability to beat press coverage and fear of contact. If a corner gets his hands on Pope, he’s done. Completely erased. You could counter that by playing him in the slot where he’d get a free release but your slot guy has to be willing to catch passes in the middle of the field where he’s going to take hits. Pope wants no part of that either. It’s why he dominated non contact 7 on 7 leagues but struggled in actual football games.

He has plus speed but that’s his only strength.

By far Pope. Lingard has the measurables just no vision or wiggle.

Pope IDK man. He never really produced in HS which was my first red flag, he tore up the flag/ 7v7 circuit which is where I think a lot of hype came from. He was wrongly used at first. He needs to be a quick slot guy all day, he is quick and can get separation. Trying to put him on the outside where people are constantly in his grill will never work.
I thought Pope could be good here if he was in the slot.

But then I saw him try and catch

Advertisement
Back