Mark Pope Expectations

Advertisement
His screen plays show promise...

Yeah he does a decent job gaining yards I just would have expected more through 2 seasons.

But like everyone else who has suffered through Richt/Enos these last 2 seasons he deserves a clean slate.

Advertisement
Yeah he does a decent job gaining yards I just would have expected more through 2 seasons.

But like everyone else who has suffered through Richt/Enos these last 2 seasons he deserves a clean slate.
No doubt. This is all on hope and expectations. Up to now? Tbe truth is he hasn't cut it.

Someone is feasting in the slot under Lashlee. That's a fact. The question is whether it will be Mark or someone else. I'm high on Mark this season, for sure. I don't think he stuck around through all the BS not to take this season really really seriously. Expecting big things from the kid and pulling for him hard!

Advertisement
If the work he is putting this offseason translates to the field... he is the breakout player of the year.

he looks fast, determined, stronger and a lot quicker in small space

Can’t help but think of him in that Roberson vertical role. I’m not sure Pope could have had a better offense fall in his lap.

Advertisement
Agree on Pope and Harley will be more productive as well.

I just don’t see Harley getting drafted as his speed is straight line and he’s not dynamic enough for his size.
I didn’t think Travis Benjamin would stick around as long as he did but dammit he proved me wrong

Idk why but I just see Harley as Benjamin 2.0

He's not as good as I expected. They got him the ball in space last year and he never looked that explosive. But he did get hurt against Bethune. Maybe he was nicked up the rest of the year.

Starters: King, Harris, Harley, Wiggins, Mallory, Jordan
Pope, Lingard and Donaldson have been our highest rated recruits and all have been major disappointments. Go figure.

Advertisement
Pope and Payton are my 2 favs and seem to be the people's favorites. Although they showcase different strengths i get the feeling that the bigger and heavier Payton will fight hard for those 50/50 balls. Pope seems like a guy that could just blow by people. Its hard to blame him for not putting up better numbers when you watch the tape. We only averaged maybe 50-60 snaps, and many of those pass plays instantly went to **** because of sacks.

Advertisement
Back