Mark Pope Expectations

MS11

Freshman
I know most people are in wait and see mode with Pope cause he hasn’t lived up to the hype he came in with but I’m pretty confident in him making the jump. Watched a bunch of games lately and I’d would say he created the most consistent separation out of any of our receivers. The things that stopped him from putting up the numbers are a lack of consistent play time, QB not looking his way and, my biggest concern with him, his inconsistent hands. If he is given the opportunity this year, which I expect, I think he can definitely have a big year.

Advertisement
Ppl keep talking about Payton but Pope is about to have a big year. The man runs lethal routes. Everybody will be talking abiut him once the season comes around.
Let's hope they both ball out!

Combined 1200 yards....over or under? What do you all think? I'm going with over. Both over 500 with one closer to 800. Then again it may be Harley and Wiggins that show out. We got potential!!!

Pope gonna be a House hold name

harley is gonna catch a few bombs aka Travis Benjamin maybe F around and get drafted late with that speed

Advertisement
Ppl keep talking about Payton but Pope is about to have a big year. The man runs lethal routes. Everybody will be talking abiut him once the season comes around.
His stop-start quickness is unreal. He can break off routes so easily almost every stop route he runs he creates a ton of separation but once again he didn’t get much of any attention from the QB

Advertisement
Pope was productive when they got him the ball. If he had the snaps/targets Harley got he easily would have outproduced him last year
90543606-B0B5-44F6-B832-0F9169790D87.jpeg

Pope gonna be a House hold name

harley is gonna catch a few bombs aka Travis Benjamin maybe F around and get drafted late with that speed

Agree on Pope and Harley will be more productive as well.

I just don’t see Harley getting drafted as his speed is straight line and he’s not dynamic enough for his size.

I'll actually wait until the day comes that he actually produces. Let's save this thread until December.

Advertisement
Pope was productive when they got him the ball. If he had the snaps/targets Harley got he easily would have outproduced him last year View attachment 120018
It’s honestly impressive he hasn’t transferred with the lack of play time he’s gotten while clearly being one of there better receivers. You’d think they’d play the receiver separating the most more than others

I'll actually wait until the day comes that he actually produces. Let's save this thread until December.
That’s why I threw the disclaimer in there at the beginning I understand the reservations but I’d say it was more on the situation than him for his lack of production

Advertisement
I hope he doesn't disappear for long stretches & I hope he makes the plays that are there for him to be made. If Lashlee is what we all hope he is then just making the plays that are there for him to be made will be a big boost

He's not as good as I expected. They got him the ball in space last year and he never looked that explosive. But he did get hurt against Bethune. Maybe he was nicked up the rest of the year.

Starters: King, Harris, Harley, Wiggins, Mallory, Jordan

He's not as good as I expected. They got him the ball in space last year and he never looked that explosive. But he did get hurt against Bethune. Maybe he was nicked up the rest of the year.

I don’t remember him getting the ball in space much at all. Gained good yards on his screens, against Virginia I think it was he turned a hitch 1on1 with the corner into a 20+ yard gain and almost a touchdown (shoestring tackle). That offence had very little spacing so don’t know where he would have got the ball in space

Tough to judge based on about three plays in a season.

Advertisement
Back