Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins to enter the transfer portal

List of high star busts at WR is insane. Going all the way back to Leggett. Johnson was probably the biggest shocker to me. Ryan Moore got in trouble all the time, or I would place him higher too.
Yea man
I’m harder on pope
Bc when he signed I was super hyped
He was a borderline 5 star we beat bama for
Granted I was bamboozled by Pete and dmoney telling me he was the next big time sfl wr

Advertisement
Well yeah after the fact we realize he can't catch but coming out of high school he was a borderline 5 star which is what I was commenting on. He wasn't "always a G5 talent".
But it’s not just Pope
We live in a weird time in sports
Look at the nba where so many players can not fundamentally shoot the ball
I think it’s cuz we live in the social media age all these young kids only want to make plays that are tik tok worthy so they all neglect fundamentals

I've heard some of his old coaches talk about it. They are all stunned at how his time went here. They believe it is all mental. 🤷‍♂️

I honestly thought he would turn it around this year. But when he dropped that beautiful pass in the Spring game, I knew he had the yips. Kid has the talent. Hopefully it shows in his next destination.

Advertisement
These are two of the sorriest wide receivers that played significantly that I can remember here at this University. Essentially unplayable players. Not only their play on the field, but their attitude on it, their body language...was always very gross to me.

well I guess they got dropped from the depth chart

but things are looking up cuz when they get off the plane and drop their bags off it's a whole new world

or maybe their parents will drive them and then drop them off

If I were them i'd head to the nearest bag of footballs and drop them off on a field somewhere

if they drop twitter they'll be fine out there

Advertisement
61n6F0Nr+gL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I know they didn't play, practice or travel this weekend, both Pope and Wiggins were too soft and inconsistent during their time here.
Wiggins best game as a hurricane was vs FSU( I wish good luck to them).
Should've happened at the end of last season if Canes had a competent HC.

This kid literally did NOTHING in high school. Less than 500 yards i believe his whole HS career. The only time he ever catches balls is when he's in shorts no helmet. Evaluating is not that hard. GET KIDS THAT DO IT IN GAMES.

Advertisement
This kid literally did NOTHING in high school. Less than 500 yards i believe his whole HS career. The only time he ever catches balls is when he's in shorts no helmet. Evaluating is not that hard. GET KIDS THAT DO IT IN GAMES.
But he lit up the 7 v. 7 league…

Advertisement
List of high star busts at WR is insane. Going all the way back to Leggett. Johnson was probably the biggest shocker to me. Ryan Moore got in trouble all the time, or I would place him higher too.

That’s because people forget the #1 job of a WR is to catch the **** ball.

People get hung up on height and speed, including scouts…but if you can’t ******* catch then you’re useless

I've heard some of his old coaches talk about it. They are all stunned at how his time went here. They believe it is all mental. 🤷‍♂️
The mental aspect of an athlete’s development is too often overlooked. The mental aspect is just as important, if not more important, than raw athleticsm. I think Butch understood that, and back when he was at UM, I recall Butch saying that he said he often used a sports psycologist (someone like Kevin Elko) to assist him in evaluating UM recruits and players. Butch wanted to know how a player might respond to a new college environment. Did he have the work ethic, intellegence, coachability, fortitude and the desire to compete and get better? Butch knew that those are the kind of recruits who fit into and help create the culture of a winning program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back