Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins to enter the transfer portal

Advertisement
This will be a nice case study for the theory that it's all coaching and the kids are great but the coaches prevent them from making plays. We'll see if Pope and Wiggins go anywhere and do anything of note.
That theory only affects ballers, these dudes dont really count.. Wiggins was a project to begin with.. Pope just seems like an overrated bust, I dont think I seen one post say these guys are being held back by corching.. These guys had multiple passes hit them in their hands in multiple games and THEY drop them.. What you think even belichek/saban can do for them boys, only thing corching did was not send them packing sooner..

We kept playing them! Saban woulda told them boys hit the bricks FIRST multi drop game, LMAOOO

Advertisement
Should have happened during the offseason but best of luck to them.

This will be a nice case study for the theory that it's all coaching and the kids are great but the coaches prevent them from making plays. We'll see if Pope and Wiggins go anywhere and do anything of note.
History has shown scrubs who transfer tend to remain scrubs. Btw, Kosi was not a scrub imo.

Advertisement
Deuces, Quitters.

Peace Out Reaction GIF

Pope was always a G5 talent. I think he can still contribute at a place like Western Kentucky or maybe SMU, something like that.

Advertisement
I wish them the best. They are kids. Even if they did not have UM level abilities, it is UM's fault for not having better receivers who would have relegated these 2 to the bench or very limited roles much sooner than now. Players can only be as good as they are. But that is the coach's fault for not having better players.

Sure you can argue they could/should have worked harder, but that only matters because we did not recruit better players at receiver. If they never rose beyond 2nd or 3rd string because of lack of ability or work ethic, it would not have mattered.

I also think Pope is pretty good student (he used to tweet about his grades if I recall) so he may have decided early on that his future was not on the football field. It happens.

I always maintained Pope could be a lethal slot guy. The dropsies are like herpes though. The symptoms can be suppressed but once contracted, you keep it forever.

Pope was always a G5 talent. I think he can still contribute at a place like Western Kentucky or maybe SMU, something like that.

THE CRAZY PART IS IF THEY WERE SMART THEY WOULD SCOUT TEAMS THAT WING IT ALOT...AND TRANSFER THERE. BUT THEY PROBABLY FEEL THEY ARE TOO GOOD FOR IT.

I would be trying to go to a Coastal Carolina or a pac 12 school.

Advertisement
Pope will attempt to enter the Portal but will keep alligator arming the send button and will be stuck here forever.

Wiggins has potential in the right spot.
Wiggins need to perfect his post and just go somewhere where he can run that play all day

Pope needs to transition to a 7v7 flag league that’s his specialty

You can't play as a WR anywhere if you're constantly dropping balls that hit you between the numbers.

Advertisement
Back