Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins to enter the transfer portal

Advertisement
B85EF39A-4BF5-49CB-B598-F9317E4F2A71.jpeg

They belong in the ………TRANSFER PORTA potty!!

Advertisement
We can agree to disagree, but I don’t see how a scholarship football player at this level can be soft if getting up early and lifting weights all offseason…and all the training, practices, discipline, hits taken in practice and games and focus. And he’s got to do it while navigating school. Not to mention, all the hard work it took to even get the scholarship.

Might not have lived up what we all thought their potential was on the football field, but soft? Nah. Not seeing that
Pope is soft... Wiggins just can’t catch.... Pope would tackle himself on an end around with only 1 man to beat

This will be a nice case study for the theory that it's all coaching and the kids are great but the coaches prevent them from making plays. We'll see if Pope and Wiggins go anywhere and do anything of note.
Disagree. This is not a case study for these 2. They have both had ample opportunity to show up and show out. they stink and they couldn't perform once the game started. These 2 have 0 case claiming coaching "failed" them

Advertisement
He isn't good but he was a major D-1 talent. Come on. He's pretty tall, he's really fast, and he's agile af. He simply ain't tough and can't catch at all.
That’s like saying my surgeon is great he’s good at diagnosing and talking to me with a great bedside manner but he sucks at operating

a receiver needs to catch first and foremost
It’s the most important skill of a wr
I would venture to guess nothing else matters if u can’t catch
Based on their catching ability neither is major d1 receiver

What makes Pope “soft”?

Lots of players don’t turn into the players we hoped them to be. That’s different than being called soft.
Pope is not soft
He just plain sucks
Nothing more nothing less
I would consider someone like Stacey coley soft

That’s like saying my surgeon is great he’s good at diagnosing and talking to me with a great bedside manner but he sucks at operating

Ehhh, could be a mental thing. Like the yips in golf. Leonard Hankerson showed how to improve that aspect. Put in the work and it showed.

Advertisement
Ehhh, could be a mental thing. Like the yips in golf. Leonard Hankerson showed how to improve that aspect. Put in the work and it showed.
Pope and Wiggins have been here 4 years now
And haven’t shown any improvement in catching
So either they just don’t practice or they just flat out suck

Pope and Wiggins have been here 4 years now
And haven’t shown any improvement in catching
So either they just don’t practice or they just flat out suck
Not disagreeing on them stinking it up. Hankerson couldn't catch anything either. Dude spent like 4 hours a day catching tennis balls, iirc. It showed. Confidence is a crazy thing.

Hankerson and steerer both made massive Jumps before their last years here

But Pope and Wiggins really must not practice
I can’t think of a bigger bust at wr since aldarious Johnson

Advertisement
Not disagreeing on them stinking it up. Hankerson couldn't catch anything either. Dude spent like 4 hours a day catching tennis balls, iirc. It showed. Confidence is a crazy thing.
Yea it blows my mind why these cats wouldn’t put in the work
Just put in the work and they could be potential millionaires

Hankerson and steerer both made massive Jumps before their last years here

But Pope and Wiggins really must not practice
I can’t think of a bigger bust at wr since aldarious Johnson
List of high star busts at WR is insane. Going all the way back to Leggett. Johnson was probably the biggest shocker to me. Ryan Moore got in trouble all the time, or I would place him higher too.

Well yeah after the fact we realize he can't catch but coming out of high school he was a borderline 5 star which is what I was commenting on. He wasn't "always a G5 talent".

Advertisement
Back