Mark No D Ofrio. Are you all convinced yet?

I have to say that Im changing my position on D'Nofrio from positive to neutral. Im starting to get concerned, well more concerned actually. The ND drive before half showed me someting about coach D that very much concerns me.

Advertisement
Sorry, the offense lost this game.

lulz we;d be 1-5 without the offense, stfu

That still till doesn't change the fact that Special Teams and Offense lost the ND game. We would have had at least a 17-6 lead into the half if special teams and offense did their jobs last night. After all the 3 and outs on O the patch work defense that were playing their best game of the season was going to wear down.

Man, good research. The numbers don't lie - we stink beyond stink. The players obviously are playing poorly, but as a DC you need to get some production. He's getting zero. Either the players don't respect him (fireable) or the players just aren't getting the system (again, fireable).

The scheme is also a dinosaur.

It remidns me so much of the Miami Dolphins and the Tom Olivadotti defenses.

Lol. Said this to my wife (fins fan) this morning when she asked me how the game went.

Honestly. It's "All of the above". Like a hideous perfect storm of clusterfack on D. You can't be ranked 118 in the nation without a whole lot of things that need fixing. Pressing freshman into playing time, depth issues, technique, scheme, all of it. All of it.

Last edited:
One word for you guys - D'Olivadotti.

That should resonate with long time dolphin fans and that's what this defense is, but worse.

It's just like him. Soft coverage, no pressure on the QB, and read and react defense that let teams run on us at will.

What Dolphin fan can't forget Thurman Thomas running the same plays on our defense time and again and us never adjusting or even attempting to.

It is fairly obvious at this point that it is both scheme and personnel causing the issues. There is no way with the personnel we have, especially on the D line, that this team could be a top 40 defense. There is also no way with the personnel that we have that this team cannot at least be a top 100 defense. There are glaring holes in the scheme but more importantly it seems Coach D is a little stubborn or not smart enough to make adjustments. Last year he made excellent half time adjustments. This year not so much.

Advertisement

That should resonate with long time dolphin fans and that's what this defense is, but worse.

It's just like him. Soft coverage, no pressure on the QB, and read and react defense that let teams run on us at will.

What Dolphin fan can't forget Thurman Thomas running the same plays on our defense time and again and us never adjusting or even attempting to.

Do you know how many times we got burned sending a safety blitz yesterday? We sent plenty of pressure....it just didn't get there and we got toasted. I swear it's like people didn't watch the game.

It's interesting that UF, with significantly more talent on defense, especially DLine, couldn't do squat last year. They had talent but no depth, and so they were getting drilled game in, game out. Bring another class in, have the younger guys start to mature, have legit talent starting and in the 2-deep, and all of a sudden they have a strong Dline and defense.

We barely have the talent and have no depth. There are consequences to that. You can't really scheme around that when your back seven is in a similar, yet better, predicament.

I wouldn't expect significantly better against good teams all year. We're not there yet. We need 2 more good classes and 2 years overall before we have a shutdown defense.

It's interesting that UF, with significantly more talent on defense, especially DLine, couldn't do squat last year. They had talent but no depth, and so they were getting drilled game in, game out. Bring another class in, have the younger guys start to mature, have legit talent starting and in the 2-deep, and all of a sudden they have a strong Dline and defense.

We barely have the talent and have no depth. There are consequences to that. You can't really scheme around that when your back seven is in a similar, yet better, predicament.

I wouldn't expect significantly better against good teams all year. We're not there yet. We need 2 more good classes and 2 years overall before we have a shutdown defense.

Was UF 119 in the nation? There is absolutely no excuse for being 119 in the nation....it's not like we are playing offensive juggernauts. I haven't checked...but I would bet every team we have played had there best offensive game of the season against us, and I include games against FCS schools. There is just no excuse for being that bad. I can understand, poor, mediocre....even bad...but worst in the nation is a disgrace and D'Onfrio should fall on the **** sword and resign.

Do you know how many times we got burned sending a safety blitz yesterday? We sent plenty of pressure....it just didn't get there and we got toasted. I swear it's like people didn't watch the game.

First of all why are you assuming that we are talking about blitzing more? The entire scheme is flawed. We line up with safeties deep and corners nearly ten yards off the ball and give 5 to 8 yard chunks to opponents on first down.

Now to your point, if you had watched the game we started blitzing more in the second half after they had started running a train up our azzez.

Advertisement
The entire scheme is flawed.

The scheme isn't flawed. You simply don't like it. That doesn't make it flawed.

Golden and D'Onofrio are not idiots. They've both coordinated successful defenses. They know what they want the defense to look like, and this obviously ain't it.

It's gonna take time to fix the atrocious defensive line.

Man, good research. The numbers don't lie - we stink beyond stink. The players obviously are playing poorly, but as a DC you need to get some production. He's getting zero. Either the players don't respect him (fireable) or the players just aren't getting the system (again, fireable).

The scheme is also a dinosaur.

It remidns me so much of the Miami Dolphins and the Tom Olivadotti defenses.

Spot on. BEEN callin him Onofrio Olivadaotti

Golden and D'Onofrio are not idiots. They've both coordinated successful defenses. They know what they want the defense to look like, and this obviously ain't it.

This is the Al Groh defense. Go check how well he's doing at GT. I'm sure its the experience and talent level over there that's keeping him down.

The scheme is flawed in today's football. Period. It is a dinosaur.

Tell me a top college football defense that runs this style of defense right now.

I'll wait.....

Thank you all for the incredible insight into Coach D. I am sure that Coach Golden will find it invaluable in his analysis after I forward it to him.

Advertisement

This is the Al Groh defense. Go check how well he's doing at GT. I'm sure its the experience and talent level over there that's keeping him down.

Tell me a top college football defense that runs this style of defense right now.

I'll wait.....

SMH how about the team that just drilled us last night? Diaco was a LB coach under Groh at Virginia.

Oh, there's also Bama.

I'll wait.....

SMH how about the team that just drilled us last night? Diaco was a LB coach under Groh at Virginia.

Oh, there's also Bama.

LMAO.

First ND's defense is overrated you will see this when a competent team takes the field next week and later when they face Oklahoma & USC.

Second Diaco was a standout backer of his own and was a Hayden Fry guy. He was already successful as a defensive coach before Virginia scooped him up. He was at virginia for a couple of years before he was offered as DC of Cinc.

Third watch how Diaco lines up his DBs no deeper than 5 yards off the ball on most occasions just liek Saban plus they both run a legit 3-4 which brings elements of disguise to the pressure it brings.

I LMAO at you thinking what we run is anywhere what Alabama and ND run.

Advertisement

I'll wait.....

Oh, there's also Bama.

LMAO.

First ND's defense is overrated you will see this when a competent team takes the field next week and later when they face Oklahoma & USC.

Second Diaco was a standout backer of his own and was a Hayden Fry guy. He was already successful as a defensive coach before Virginia scooped him up. He was at virginia for a couple of years before he was offered as DC of Cinc.

Third watch how Diaco lines up his DBs no deeper than 5 yards off the ball on most occasions just liek Saban plus they both run a legit 3-4 which brings elements of disguise to the pressure it brings.

I LMAO at you thinking what we run is anywhere what Alabama and ND run.

Okay so the defense is overrated, but Diaco is a good coach? Get the story straight.

And schematically, the defenses aren't far apart.

I just want to know what are actual scheme is, we never attack the LOS, we play 15 yards off the line, are the DL taught not to slip blocks. He just seems ******* clueless.

Advertisement
Back