Mark No D Ofrio. Are you all convinced yet?

Mico Jones

Positivity!
Banned
I keep reading the Flat Earth Society talking about youth and lack of talent.

Nearly last in the NCAA in defense.

Here's a look at some of the talent and experience rich teams ahead of us

#14 Western Kentucky
#16 Utah State
#18 San Jose State
#34 Bowling Green
#41 Western Michigan
#43 Louisiana Monroe
#52 Kent State
#53 Arkansas State
#57 UAB
#61 San Diego State
#62 Navy
#62 Buffalo
#67 Temple
#68 Troy
#70 North Texas
#73 Louisiana Lafayette
#80 FIU
#82 Air Force
#83 SMU
#89 Middle Tennessee
#92 UTEP
#93 New Mexico State
#95 Florida Atlantic
#99 Toledo
#103 Army
#106 Akron
#109 Wyoming
#115 Ball State

Just for perspective.

Also keep in mind that this was done to us by the following offenses

#52 Boston College
#41 Kansas St.
#61 in the FCS Bethune Cookman
#22 Georgia Tech(One Dimensional)
#46 North Carlina State
#71 Notre Dame (We pushed them up nearly 20 spots in the rankings)

Enough said. This is indefensible.

Advertisement
Man, good research. The numbers don't lie - we stink beyond stink. The players obviously are playing poorly, but as a DC you need to get some production. He's getting zero. Either the players don't respect him (fireable) or the players just aren't getting the system (again, fireable).

Man, good research. The numbers don't lie - we stink beyond stink. The players obviously are playing poorly, but as a DC you need to get some production. He's getting zero. Either the players don't respect him (fireable) or the players just aren't getting the system (again, fireable).

The scheme is also a dinosaur.

It remidns me so much of the Miami Dolphins and the Tom Olivadotti defenses.

Advertisement
Anyone blaming the offense is idiotic. Notre Dame's offense was ranked in the 90s prior to this game. Michigan, Michigan state, and Purdue defenses held them in check. Our defense made them look like the 98 Vikings.

I keep reading the Flat Earth Society talking about youth and lack of talent.

Nearly last in the NCAA in defense.

Here's a look at some of the talent and experience rich teams ahead of us

#14 Western Kentucky
#16 Utah State
#18 San Jose State
#34 Bowling Green
#41 Western Michigan
#43 Louisiana Monroe
#52 Kent State
#53 Arkansas State
#57 UAB
#61 San Diego State
#62 Navy
#62 Buffalo
#67 Temple
#68 Troy
#70 North Texas
#73 Louisiana Lafayette
#80 FIU
#82 Air Force
#83 SMU
#89 Middle Tennessee
#92 UTEP
#93 New Mexico State
#95 Florida Atlantic
#99 Toledo
#103 Army
#106 Akron
#109 Wyoming
#115 Ball State

Just for perspective.

Also keep in mind that this was done to us by the following offenses

#52 Boston College
#41 Kansas St.
#61 in the FCS Bethune Cookman
#22 Georgia Tech(One Dimensional)
#46 North Carlina State
#71 Notre Dame (We pushed them up nearly 20 spots in the rankings)

Enough said. This is indefensible.

He, hey....ALL those teams have better defensive talent...ALL those teams have better DTs man...our DTs are barely better than 105lb anorexic cheerleaders....how dare you impune D'Onfrio...he just doesn't have the horses that are at The North Texases and Akrons of the world.

I agree that the defense is terrible, but you're just being ignorant if you don't want to admit that the offense failed to execute in key situations that would have both given us good scoring opportunities that would have changed the flow of the game, as well as would have kept our already vulnerable defense off the field. When ND has the ball for 3 or 4 mins to start the 3rd, then we get the ball and go 3 and out and give ND the ball again...that's a recipe for disaster.

The offense shouldn't be responsible for making up for our defensive woes, but sadly right now they have to be. And given the importance of the offensive possessions, it makes last night's offensive troubles that much more magnified.

Advertisement
Convinced? No, not with these players. I'm not impressed, I'm worried, I'm skeptical, but I'm not convinced. If the defense is this bad next year, or the year after, I'll be convinced. Do you realize how you and untalented much of this defense is? I don't like the scheme, but I also don't think we really know if it would work with better more experienced talent.

And for those who complain about the scheme and being vanilla, did you notice how many times we blitzed last night? Everything looks bad when it doesn't work.

Convinced? No, not with these players. I'm not impressed, I'm worried, I'm skeptical, but I'm not convinced. If the defense is this bad next year, or the year after, I'll be convinced. Do you realize how you and untalented much of this defense is? I don't like the scheme, but I also don't think we really know if it would work with better more experienced talent.

And for those who complain about the scheme and being vanilla, did you notice how many times we blitzed last night? Everything looks bad when it doesn't work.

I think you're right lets hold off a couple more years.....yeah, that's a good plan. So around 2014-2015 we'll have a good idea how terrible this defensive staff is?

He's obviously not doing a good job but it's hard for me to separate whether it's inexperience of scheme probably both but heres a breakdown of guys that are playing a ton:

Freshman
DL: 4 true freshman playing (Mccord, Hamilton, Ivery & Moore)
LB's: 2 Red Shirt Freshman playing ( Johnson & Paul)
DB's: 1 True Freshman Bush ( I know Howard & Crawford play but their not playing the bulk of the game)

Guys Who arent Freshman but have never started or played much before other than Special Teams:
DL: 2 Shayon Green (Always injured) & Robinson
LB: 1 Tyrone Cornellius
DB's: 4 Finnie, Gunter, Highsmith & Rodgers:

By my count thats 14 guys playing a lot of snaps that had zero to no experience going into the season. I don't know how Dnofrio could scheme around that. The older guys except for Finnie which is true sophmore never got burn before because they just werent good enough and the fresman are well freshman. We really got hurt by the early departures on Defense. Vernon Ojomo and even Forston would of helped a ton. Any help on the DL would of been much needed. Either way there not and I expected Coach D to have this D improving by now but it seems like were getting worse. The rest of the schedule will say a lot because were all ****ed today but by just looking at our record you have to be pleased but everyone is scared as **** about our D and rightfully so, its the worst Hurricane defense I have ever seen. While coach D should get a ton of the blame so should the early departures and Shannon's ****** and completely uneven roster he recruited. As I watched the starting line-ups for Florida & LSU all I saw was Jr's and Seniors for the most part.

Last edited:
He's obviously not doing a good job but it's hard for me to separate whether it's inexperience of scheme probably both but heres a breakdown of guys that are playing a ton:

Freshman
DL: 4 true freshman playing (Mccord, Hamilton, Ivery & Moore)
LB's: 2 Red Shirt Freshman playing ( Johnson & Paul)
DB's: 1 True Freshman Bush ( I know Howard & Crawford play but their not playing the bulk of the game)

Guys Who arent Freshman but have never started or played much before other than Special Teams:
DL: 2 Shayon Green (Always injured) & Robinson
LB: 1 Tyrone Cornellius
DB's: 4 Finnie, Gunter, Highsmith & Rodgers:

By my count thats 14 guys playing a lot of snaps that had zero to no experience going into the season. I don't know how Dnofrio could scheme around that. The older guys except for Finnie which is true sophmore never got burn before because they just werent good enough and the fresman are well freshman. We really got hurt by the early departures on Defense. Vernon Ojomo and even Forston would of helped a ton. Any help on the DL would of been much needed. Either way there not and I expected Coach D to have this D improving by now but it seems like were getting worse. The rest of the schedule will say a lot because were all ****ed today but by just looking at our record you have to be pleased but everyone is scared as **** about our D and rightfully so, its the worst Hurricane defense I have ever seen.

You are right. We have no talent and lots of inexperience.

There is no way we could have hoped to field a defense this year better than the service academies.....

Advertisement
The "we don't have the horses" argument would be cool if are first team defense wasn't giving up touchdowns to k state and Norte dames second team offense, but they are. So, not only are we not good enough to stop those teams first teams but we also don't have the talent to stop their second team. Yeah, right

The "we don't have the horses" argument would be cool if are first team defense wasn't giving up touchdowns to k state and Norte dames second team offense, but they are. So, not only are we not good enough to stop those teams first teams but we also don't have the talent to stop their second team. Yeah, right

You really think Green and Telemaque and Smith and Highsmith are "talented"? Come on. We are starting guys who should be backups, or even 3rd string. Not a complete excuse, but to dismiss it is absurd.

Keep making excuses. You guys are right... somehow this year we ended with the worst and most untalented players than 119 other teams. THe scheme is just fine, the DC is king, all will be fine!!!

Advertisement
Keep making excuses. You guys are right... somehow this year we ended with the worst and most untalented players than 119 other teams. THe scheme is just fine, the DC is king, all will be fine!!!

How can you not see that the answer is somewhere in between? The scheme is not good, but neither are the players. If you really think another DC would have this defense playing like the 1989 or 1991 defense you are delusional. No one is happy with the performance, no one is happy with Coach D, but I don't think you can judge him solely on having to play with the guys we have.

One word for you guys - D'Olivadotti.

That should resonate with long time dolphin fans and that's what this defense is, but worse.

Due to their personal relationship I don't see how Al gets rid of coach Donoforio.

However, I think Franklin is gone and hopefully that will be addition by subtraction.

Is Petri coaching anywhere?

Advertisement
Back