Mark Jones - Play-by-Play Commentator

He lives in SFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt he lives in the hoods he called out.

It Durant matter bruh. Hes paying homage to the city doe! Love is love

Ok. It's better than someone ripping us/the city.

He was cringingly corny when he said it. Hearts in the right place though.

Yeah, that's a better way to put it.

Advertisement
He lives in SFL.

It Durant matter bruh. Hes paying homage to the city doe! Love is love

This. You guys are a **** trip. Rece Davis and those other ESPN bums rip us for being a fraud and you get mad that nobody is showing us love..Someone bigs us up and you rip them for sounding corny? Which one is it here?

I thought it was cool AF. I dont give a **** what the **** sounds like, he sounded the horn for everyone in the city to take notice and see that we are relevant again and bring your a$$e$ out to the stadium and support us and send your kids to come play for us.

Shout out to Mark Jones!

Advertisement
I believe he's originally from Canada but has lived in soFla for a few years...one of his son's played HS hoops in soFla and knew some of the UM hoops and football players, according to him on several occasions.

mark jones also called chad thomas "aka major nine" on a tackle early in the game. good dude.

He pronounces Dos Equis incorrectly in one of his commercial reads.

Who the heck in 2017 does not know how to pronounce Dos Equis?

dude every time he said dos equis wrong I got so mad, happy I wasn't the only one.

Both of y’all STFU!!! He reps the U constantly. MF’ers always got something to complain about. Better he hype us up, than talk siht about us.

Advertisement
Mark and his brother are from Toronto area, were very good bball players up here.
Met them both many years ago, great guys!

Advertisement
He lives in SFL.

You don't think he is rich enough to live in CG? It was nice that he knew the names. I born in CG, grew up in CC, went to school in Opa Locka, taught school in Liberty City and Overtown, graduated from THE U. Some of us get around. I was happy to hear him say it even if he left out some spots.

He lives in SFL.

You don't think he is rich enough to live in CG? It was nice that he knew the names. I born in CG, grew up in CC, went to school in Opa Locka, taught school in Liberty City and Overtown, graduated from THE U. Some of us get around. I was happy to hear him say it even if he left out some spots.

I'm sure he can live where he wants. He mentioned Coral Gables because that's where the school is. It felt corny to me when I heard it but whatever. Other people in this thread have a better outlook than me. You guys are right. At least he's showing support to the city and school. I should've recognized that.

Advertisement
Did someone on here edit his wiki page? lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Jones_(sportscaster)

from the wiki...

Oct 13, 2017 - Jones was the caller of Miami v Georgia Tech when Miami pulled out a late win to go to 5-0 and look nationally relevant for the first time in over a decade, his call at the end of the game was

Coral Gables Stand Up

Liberty City Stand Up

Overtown Stand Up

Carol City Stand Up

The 'Canes are Back!!

Did someone on here edit his wiki page? lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Jones_(sportscaster)

from the wiki...

Oct 13, 2017 - Jones was the caller of Miami v Georgia Tech when Miami pulled out a late win to go to 5-0 and look nationally relevant for the first time in over a decade, his call at the end of the game was

Coral Gables Stand Up

Liberty City Stand Up

Overtown Stand Up

Carol City Stand Up

The 'Canes are Back!!

Wow! Someone sure is obsessed, aren't they? I can taste the salt from here.

Met him.

Good dude.

Reppin S. Florida. Why are people complaining? No harm and it was throwing the area he lives in a little respect. Some people just have to be douches and complain about everything.

All due respect, who cared at that point? Both he and Rod Gilmore spent the entire first half implying that Miami wasn't prepared and was big-headed over the accolades it'd received from the Florida State win. A play couldn't go by without those two moron letting it be know the Canes got too many "back slaps".

It's a disservice to Mark Richt and staff; implying they didn't have their kids ready to play—as well as these players who have found ways to overcome slow starts and to take care of business.

Both those guys came off like amateurs. There were countless better things to discuss and focus on regarding the Miami program—yet they chose to keep trashing the Canes for egos being out of control after ekeing out a win over the Noles.

Advertisement
Back